Hello Fellow CrackBerry Lovers!

Can anyone help me with this reason for Desktop Manager continually closing: BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

I get this problem every few days & I know that there is away of deleting the RIM folder & re-syncing but life would be a lot better without having to do this.

It also ALWAYS happens when I'm in a rush, don't you just hate it when that happens!

Hopefully someone can help me......I just wish that I (as a single user) could find a means of updating my BB over the air rather than via a cable.

06-02-08 09:03 AM
    BlackBerry Search Results

Problem
    The BlackBerry device user receives one of the following errors after synchronizing the BlackBerry device:

BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

The Intellisync� folder is corrupt.
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot locate the file it is trying to synchronize.
    The BlackBerry database for the application you are running has become corrupt.
    The document details the causes and resolution to this problem.
    06-02-08 10:58 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but it is applicable and this is why I did not start a new one.

I have been a BB user for about a year now, as has my wife, so I am not a complete noob. Curve/pearl/bold

I used to run Blackberry desktop manager on my work XP box. Then I changed jobs and now I am using different PC's. I have a vista box at home and an XP box at work. I am having no problems on the Vista box. It is the XP PC that is giving me fits. I am getting the ' desktop manager has encountered an error..." and then it crashes. I have tried every one of the suggestions in the previous post, multiple times on the XP machine. I have tried syncing everything together, or one at a time. And it doesn't matter, tasks, contacts, calendar, notes. It will crash on any (and usualy all) of them. It seems to mostly crash mostly if something has changed, but it may crash for no reason apparent to me.

It just started doing this 2 weeks ago. I had desktop manager 4.6, then Installed 4.7 with no change. I have googled and looked around... I have gone back as far as v4.2.2 and the crashing is still there, so I am back to v4.7. I do a sync of one of the PIM's (tasks or contacts or calendar or notes), it crashes. I then have to open task manager and close 3 processes (all RIM related), unplug the device and re-plug it back in, then try to sync that PIM again. If it works, then I go to the next PIM and the cycle continues... It gets quite old, I have to sync about 8 times with several visits to the task manager to finally get a complete sync.

I am at wits end with this. I am about to write an app that will end the process' automatically to try to speed up this miserable sync. But that is just frustration. This should just work. I look at the sync logs, and it never throws an error...

I can't be the only person that the 3 items in the previous post don't work for. I really need some help here and just don't know what to do now. I am fed up with my blackberry now. I love the device, but if the sync don't work... I may take a company iPhone, though I don't really want to.

I am not on a BES. I just have my work mail forwarded to my device. I have no IT policy. Network is ATT. Work PC is an Lenovo and less than 3 months old. Kinda ironic given the announcement about RIM and Lenovo on the blogs the other day.

I appreciate any ideas that are out there.

Thanks
    02-17-09 09:25 PM
    Try downgrading to desktop manager 4.3
    I have found that version to be more stable than 4.6 or 4.7 with XP.
    02-17-09 10:49 PM
    4.3 works a bit better, thank you. It still crashes, but it only about 1 or 2 syncs, not 4 or more.

Still not solved but a definite improvement.

I did write a .bat file to kill the tasks
    02-19-09 05:30 PM
    I had the same issue for 6.0.1and got some idea as I see this:

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

The Intellisync� folder is corrupt.
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot locate the file it is trying to synchronize.
    The BlackBerry database for the application you are running has become corrupt.

Note: I have done all other suggestions I got to resolve it but to no success.

So as I saw this -> The BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot locate the file it is trying to synchronize.

It made me think that maybe the BB should be plugged in first for the BDM 6.0.1 to launch.This did the trick.

It might sound odd but I've been a BB user since 2005 and previous versions opens even the device is not connected.

Thanks to the person who posted it.
    02-04-11 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD