I have long since come to the belief that, if a program can't be installed/update via OTA, then you probably should do without it.

I fricking hate it when I am forced to use the DM to add software! It insists on checking for updates to everything, and it insists on adding back that video of the singer nobody has ever heard of. Plus, why is this program obsessed with Nordic languages?

There was an update to the remote desktop manager released and, presumably because of the way the developer packaged the files, it cannot be updated over the air. So, I gritted my teeth and downloaded it to my computer.

Then, just to see what would happen, I uninstalled the 4.6 OS files from my computer. Figured if it can't find the damned video, it can't install the f*cking thing, right?

No, it downloaded it from the internet so it could reinstall this "core" application.

Next time, ethernet cord is coming out of the wall first. Where's your video of poor guitar playing going to come from then? Bwah, hahhahah
    06-16-09 09:58 AM
    OTA updates and DM updates are not the same thing chief. John Mayer is a friend to Seattle's homeless, and I call him my friend. You sir, are no John Mayer. He can play the guitar. The language is just apalling.
    06-16-09 10:05 AM
    OTA updates and DM updates are not the same thing chief. John Mayer is a friend to Seattle's homeless, and I call him my friend. You sir, are no John Mayer. He can play the guitar. The language is just apalling.
    Nicely said lazerus... I like John Mayer's music... and so what if it keeps coming back... it's not like it really takes up that much space on a device with so much available memory.
    06-16-09 10:11 AM
    I recommend that you remove DM 4.7 and install version 4.6 instead.
    06-16-09 10:22 AM
    so is your spelling
    06-16-09 10:24 AM
    Eh, I was sorta joking. Its early.

06-16-09 10:26 AM
    Nicely said lazerus... I like John Mayer's music... and so what if it keeps coming back... it's not like it really takes up that much space on a device with so much available memory.

We already have had one entirely too long discourse on who this guy is, whether he has any talent, and if there is any reason to have ever heard of him.

Don't want to get into that again.

My point was the damned DM would actually go to the internet to replace this and it never gives me an opportunity to tell it no. I find that "appalling"
    06-16-09 10:29 AM
    Eh, I was sorta joking. Its early.

That is one ****-ugly dog. I like it.
    06-16-09 10:30 AM
    We already have had one entirely too long discourse on who this guy is, whether he has any talent, and if there is any reason to have ever heard of him.

My point was the damned DM would actually go to the internet to replace this and it never gives me an opportunity to tell it no. I find that "appalling"
    Well, you have a great time venting, maybe DM 5.0 will make your life better.
    06-16-09 11:28 AM
    Um, maybe you should use a FW and control your desktop's OB traffick. Pretty simple.

Bleh.
    06-16-09 11:51 AM

Do you plan on trying what I suggested?
    06-16-09 11:54 AM
    06-16-09 12:05 PM
    I believe that I have 4.6 on my laptop. I may try removing the OS from that and see if it tries to go to the internet to get the files it wants. I will give that a shot when I get home. Right after I mow the lawn.
    06-16-09 01:29 PM
    LOL great picture
    06-16-09 01:41 PM
    I believe that I have 4.6 on my laptop. I may try removing the OS from that and see if it tries to go to the internet to get the files it wants. I will give that a shot when I get home. Right after I mow the lawn.
    I need my lawn mowed...gettin' furry down...woops...sorry.
    06-16-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD