I was offered 5.0.1 BDM update. I ran it. it downloaded. Then it stopped with a Microsoft error box saying:

Extractor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And it wants me to send an error report to Microsoft...whoopie. I rebooted and tried again. The download step wasn't done (obviously already done) but this Extractor.exe failed again. it fails the same way every time.

Any ideas anyone? Can this process be completed manually somehow?
    11-24-09 06:41 PM
    i'm on my second try now. it keeps blocking during the "registering modules" phase. and yes the winzip extractor appears to be the source of the problem because its box is also blocked. help!
    11-26-09 03:54 AM
    This is the second version in a row that I have had to skip because of the extractor problem. I love the Blackberry, I hate Windows.

I assume I will have to re-install the system as the automatic update fails every single time I have tried - and it is always at the extractor step which means it has nothing to do with connectivity - it is simply something failing to run. In this case it appears to be a simple unzip that is undoing us.

Any shouts of help will be appreciated.

-- Jeff
    11-30-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD