I keep trying to reinstall os 7.1 on a 9810 torch .. been there done that .. except for ...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RIMDeviceManager.exe
    Application Version: 8.0.0.25
    Application Timestamp: 526ab872
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdaae
    Exception Code: c06d007e
    Exception Offset: 00009617
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1048
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

now after this damn update neither my 9900 is seen or the 9810
    11-03-13 03:15 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling all BlackBerry software, downloading everything fresh through IE, and starting over again?

Also, what update are you talking about?
    11-03-13 04:07 PM
    dude .. i am just trying to repair a stupid 9810 torch ..
    its software is all messed up ..
    i opened the BDM .. it showed repair update bla bla bla ..
    i did all that ..
    after it made its stupid update for the software and basic stuff i get that damn eror after restart ..
    now not even my 9900 isnt't recognized .. not to mention the blackberry support is underground 0 !
    11-03-13 04:25 PM
    I read what you're saying. Try my solution. Uninstall everything, reboot, download all new, install, run.
    11-03-13 04:34 PM
    I'm going on depression .. What do you think I've did by now ?
    I keep getting that damn error every time I update the BDM to reinstall the os 7.1 .. After the update it doesn't even recognize my 9900 !!
    The 9810 loads at about 85 on the boot bar then freezes ..this is why I have to reinstall the software ..
    I've deleted and reinstalled everything for the 5'th time .. Nothing . What em I supposed to do ? Reinstall my w7 ultimate again ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 bold using my freaky side
    11-03-13 04:56 PM
    Hard to guess what you've done. Details mean everything.

If the 9810 won't fully boot, there's an unfortunately high chance it's bricked. I'd try running Loader.exe with the battery out.
    11-03-13 05:03 PM
    I don't know if that would help, I owned a BB7 long time ago, but you might want to try this:
    1. Restart your PC and do nothing (keep it clean).
    2. Remove battery from your BlackBerry device.
    3. Open the BlackBerry desktop manager.
    3. Plug the usb cable to the PC, then to your BlackBerry (still without the battery!!!)
    4. Folow the steps that the BlackBerry desktop manager asks you.

Removing the battery makes the phone fully reinstall. It takes a while.
    I hope this helps. I've done this a long time ago, hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:11 PM
    My dear people .. I've plugged in the torch .. without battery .. opened bdm .. it said repair .. you all know the basics ..
    I clicked update .. 1033 pack is 7.1 .. it started downloading that stupid device what ever .. tomorrow will post pics cause I'm too irritated now and might curse a lot ..
    After it told me to restart laptop I received again the error I posted here

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    11-03-13 05:23 PM
    My dear people .. I've plugged in the torch .. without battery .. opened bdm .. it said repair .. you all know the basics ..
    I clicked update .. 1033 pack is 7.1 .. it started downloading that stupid device what ever .. tomorrow will post pics cause I'm too irritated now and might curse a lot ..
    After it told me to restart laptop I received again the error I posted here

Forget BDM, use Loader.exe instead.

�64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe

�32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe
    11-03-13 05:51 PM
    Forget BDM, use Loader.exe instead.

�64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe

�32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe
    Doesn't work either .. same issues ..

11-04-13 12:53 AM
    Sure sounds like a hardware failure to me at this point.

Hope you have insurance on it.
    11-04-13 06:12 AM
    I am also facing the same issue..BB torch is freezed while loading at 85%. And now when i am trying to recognize it by blackberry desktop manager, it asked for an update, when i did that..its giving me an error - RIM handheld communication manager has encountered a problem...tried everything from uninstalling...re installing BDM and all other bb softwares on laptop and nothing working
    11-04-13 07:51 AM
    Sure sounds like a hardware failure to me at this point.

Hope you have insurance on it.
    it isn't hardware issue .. i upgraded 1 week a go my 9900 -_-
    11-04-13 08:01 AM
    i am also facing the same issue..bb torch is freezed while loading at 85%. And now when i am trying to recognize it by blackberry desktop manager, it asked for an update, when i did that..its giving me an error - rim handheld communication manager has encountered a problem...tried everything from uninstalling...re installing bdm and all other bb softwares on laptop and nothing working

exactly my problem with the 9810 i'm trying to repair !!!!!!
    11-04-13 08:02 AM
    exactly my problem with the 9810 i'm trying to repair !!!!!!
    Did you get it fixed?

I was thinking of going from my 9800 Torch with 6 on it to the 9810 with 7 for the LTE. THIS will be a deal breaker for me.
    11-04-13 11:11 PM
    Did you get it fixed?

I was thinking of going from my 9800 Torch with 6 on it to the 9810 with 7 for the LTE. THIS will be a deal breaker for me.
    I haven't managed yet !!! ((((
    I still get this stupid error and I've tried everything .. I need the bdm to reinstall the os in it (((

11-05-13 03:50 AM
    Trying to find a download for BDM 6. In the meantime, here's 4.6:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2B51EF0EB7CAAD
    11-05-13 06:55 AM
    11-05-13 07:15 AM
    Dear friends ..

Here I my temporary fix ..
    As I have managed just now to downgrade my 9900 back to an official os ..
    The 9810 instead haven't succeeded yet .. it just freezes at 85 loading bar at boot..
    Anyway ..
    First things first delete everything in your computer that is reletated with blackberry - rim ..
    Afterwards go to program files - common files and delete the research in motion folder ..
    Restart your computer. .. install the desktop manager again ..
    You wont get the error now ..
    If you want to install an is update on your device just download from berryshout.com
    I managed to downgrade my 9900 back to 1033

11-05-13 07:20 AM
    Dear friends ..

Here I my temporary fix ..
    As I have managed just now to downgrade my 9900 back to an official os ..
    The 9810 instead haven't succeeded yet .. it just freezes at 85 loading bar at boot..
    Anyway ..
    First things first delete everything in your computer that is reletated with blackberry - rim ..
    Afterwards go to program files - common files and delete the research in motion folder ..
    Restart your computer. .. install the desktop manager again ..
    You wont get the error now ..
    If you want to install an is update on your device just download from berryshout.com
    I managed to downgrade my 9900 back to 1033

11-05-13 07:26 AM
    This is what happens.

I tried to reload software for a Blackberry 9360, using the latest version of Desktop Software.

As soon as I connect the 9360, Desktop Software asks if I want to Update, which I say yes to, and then it tells me the device is a little screwed, and it needs to Repair, which I say yes to.

And then it asks me what software to install, I say Get Latest - everything up to that point is all good.

Then Desktop Software tells you that it needs to install some additional module to continue with the firmware process - which then downloads this module, asks you to exist desktop software and any other related apps - and then this module installs.

Once this module installs, everything goes berserk, desktop software no longer detects devices, Device Manager is all screwed up and starts up when a device is connected, and automatically closes.

I couldn't for the life of me get this thing working again, after 2 uninstalls - I became very frustrated, and very reminded of why people are moving away from Blackberry.

I decided to do a third uninstall, and then deleted the Research In Motion folder from C:\Users\Me\-blah-blah - and then reinstalled Desktop Software.

After this, Device Manager was finally acting properly, Desktop Manager finally picking up my device.

So I attempted a firmware reload - and once again, stupid prompt to install this module - and once again, this rubbish module corrupts my Device Manager, and I'm back to square one.

This is terrible - disgusting and downright embarrassing - I hope that Blackberry reads this forum and realizes how they're pushing customers away - and hopefully they stop writing rubbish code and do more testing before they release some stupid module.
    11-06-13 01:57 PM