I have the new, official version of BBDM for my PC, using a Bold 9000.

I set the options up to backup the device once a week (not sync, backup). Every time I plug the Bold in to sync, two things happen that bother me:

1. It syncs every time, unlike the old BDM that had a setting for whether I wanted it to sync when connected, allowing me to manually choose when I wanted to hot-sync.

2. Despite this automatic sync, it doesn't show the current forced sync as the date where it displays "Last Sync". That has to be a bug.

3. Finally, each time the hot-sync is finished, it does a full backup, even though I've set it to do so only once per week. Also looks like a bug.

Does anyone have these problems or suggest a solution?

Thanks

Harry
    08-12-10 07:59 PM
    Bump... Does anyone else have these issues?
    08-13-10 09:37 AM
    Same thing here...sync and backup (Bluetooth) every time I connect, but since it's my primary reason for signing on, it doesn't annoy me.
    08-13-10 03:04 PM
    Yep, same problem regardless of the backup interval settings.

I assume it will be on the fix list already - it is such a significant "feature"!
    08-17-10 06:26 AM
    There is control over all that. It took a bit of digging, but to set whether it syncs on device connection: go to "Device" pulldown > "Device Options" > "General" tab > under "When I connect my device" are the various things you can have it do. Personally, I set mine to "Organizer data", and in the "Organizer" group, I just sync my calendar and contacts but no backup. When I plug in my 8100, all it does is sync the calendar and contacts. If I uncheck everything, then nothing happens when I plug my Pearl in.

However, I did find that if you hit that lower right "Sync" button, it syncs everything - organizer and media, with no way to modify what it does.

I also haven't found a way to have it hide when minimized like you could with DM 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD