I never had these issues pre v5.0

No matter what beta or official OS I was upgrading/downgrading to-it would work just fine.

This is the second time that I'm trying to upgrade (last was a beta) to an OS and can't do it with BBMD v5.0. The new OS is very close to the one on the device, so BBDM 5.0 must think there's nothing to upgrade to and won't force it.

To Clarify:
    1-Vendor.xml is deleted
    2-Going to the upgrade option does displays the new OS that I have installed.
    3-Selecting it is possible.

Soon as I click 'next', the next window advances and It tells me 'successful' after about 5s of pause, there's no following through with the selected OS upgrade.

The last time I had this issue, I gave up with v5.0. Installed V4.6 BBDM., then I downgraded to an older OS, then upgraded to the one I wanted to LOL. So backwards . The other time I used the stand-alone apploader to do it, that worked. I tried searching for a similar standalone 'apploader' executable for BBDM v5.0 but I couldn't find one.

Ideas please? Currently using .301

Mobi Tel

UPDATE:
    I actually gave up waiting just now and installed 4.7 on my laptop. Just-like-that, it suggested the upgrade and voila. Completed.

What's the big deal with 5.0 that it can't handle proximal OS upgrades???

I found 5.01 BBDM so I'll install this and see if for the next OS release it'll do it fine this time around.
    10-12-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD