Hello,

I am a new BB user (VZW Tour) using a MBP running OS X 10.6.1 with the newly released BB Desktop Manager for Mac installed.

I have a recurring issue where some recurring all-day events on my iCal (i.e., birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) load on to my BB as being 2 day events: usually date 1 @ 2300 to date 2 @ 2300, instead of just being an all day event on day 1.

I have triple checked my iCal entries and they are correct. I have cleared my BB calendar data using the DM and synced several times and the issue still persists.

Have any other users experienced this issue and if so, is there a method to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    10-04-09 03:38 AM
    I wanted to say I am also experiencing the same problem.
    10-04-09 05:59 AM
    Thanks, groogruxx -- at least I know I'm not alone in the woods now!

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out what is causing this glitch. It doesn't impact any of my recurring all-day events, just some of them, but every time I reload my iCal data, the same events are impacted so it isn't completely random.

Is there any engineer types from RIM on these boards who can shed some light on this for me?
    10-04-09 11:03 AM
    I found this on the BB Support & Services page:

View Document

I don't think this is exactly the fix for this issue.
    10-05-09 09:24 PM
    Do you have Google Calendars anywhere in this equation? I use Google Sync and sometimes when entering recurring events on the GCalendar it would stretch into 2-day events vice 1. That might be a place to start...

HTH
    BTW I have a Storm on OS .230 and MBP on Snow Leopard using the new Mac Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by CZeph; 10-07-09 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Resources
    10-07-09 07:47 AM
    CZeph, I do have Google Sync installed on my device. I was using it to load my contacts on to my device. I have never been able to get the sync to work with my calendar though. Do you recommend uninstalling Google Sync completely?
    10-10-09 06:17 PM
    I also have problems syncing with Entourage (apparently iCal in background?). Events are duplicated; yearly entries also with strange times crossing through date and just realized the initial sync last week with new bb software wiped out more than 75% of the info in my entourage contact list! PocketMac never a problem but of course could not update device or install apps. I now wish I'd never switched to the bb desktop mgr.
    10-20-09 01:29 PM
    well.. i didnt have that problem.. but what did happen is that all calendar entries in my BB, would not be synced into ical... anybody having this issue??..

using:
    MB Snow Leopard
    BB Desktop Manager for mac
    02-17-10 03:36 PM
    All of my dates have now appeared twice. Some (the reoccurring ones) show up as two day events, others are ok. It seems to be a mojor problem for the reoccurring ones. If I delete them all from iCal and then sync shouldn't they all be removed from the tour (vzw)? If I then "restore", "only'' the calendar from my backup will thge problem repeat? NEED HELP!! Thanks in advance
    02-27-10 11:08 AM
    I've been having a similar problem (although I never used to). Now my blackberry makes all "all day" events last from 2300 the previous day to 2300 that day. It's infuriating. No matter how many variations of clearing the databases I do I can't stop it happening anymore. What's more, they sync into a non-existent (purple) calendar where on my calendar list there are three (blue, green and orange). I know that purple is normally the colour of the "device default" but there is no reason for it to sync there when "default calendar" is set as they blue one.... Anyone?
    03-27-10 04:07 PM
    I also am having a problem where anything created on my BB 8530 is not syncing to ical. How is there not a fix for this by now? Anyone have a fix?
    04-03-10 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD