Hey, thought I start thread about this desktop manager! I am downloading it now, would love to hear from you who have tried it out!

Post any fast download links to this app here.
    Orginal News from crackberry

Download BBDM5.exe @ Hotfile.com
    Download BBDM5.exe @ RapidShare
    Last edited by chrisek; 04-11-09 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added another link
    04-11-09 03:23 PM
    Just installed and the startup screen says 4.7.1
    04-11-09 04:27 PM
    I was able to restore memo's that I lost when installing 5.0.0.90 so that's great.

However I have been trying to do a new back up and it will not work 'error backing up databases'. I cleared my internet caches but it still will not work.
    04-11-09 04:30 PM
    so is there any point in me doing this update to my dm, being i am using a 8350i on 4.6? just wanted to know cause i get a few inconsistencies with 4.7!
    04-11-09 05:03 PM
    Did anyone else read that in the new license agreement it says RIM tracks the activation of certain product features for administrative purposes and your PIN and installation identifier will be automatically registered with RIM up activation of certain features of this software.

It could be me but I never noticed this before.

So beware all you installers they will know from your PIN that you installed this. Don't know if it really matters in the grand scheme of things but just thought i would mention it.
    04-11-09 05:05 PM
    I just upgrade my DM 4.6 to 5.0. I use Bold running .247 OS.
    Everything works fine, faster synch with Outlook 2007. backups work fine.. but to be honest, no other major changes. I expected much more in this version.
    Anyway, it seems the only reason they have DM 5 is to make it compatible with the 5 OS versions that will soon allow us to upgrade our BB devilces, or at least some of its later models.
    04-11-09 05:13 PM
    Did anyone else read that in the new license agreement it says RIM tracks the activation of certain product features for administrative purposes and your PIN and installation identifier will be automatically registered with RIM up activation of certain features of this software.

So beware all you installers they will know from your PIN that you installed this. Don't know if it really matters in the grand scheme of things but just thought i would mention it.
    This has been in the EULA before for all Beta DMs
    04-11-09 05:42 PM
    Yeah can anyone upgrade to this or just the people running 5.0 on their devices?
    04-11-09 06:36 PM

Maybe they like the the PIN numbers so they can see who uses the DM and track any problems with it. It would make it easier for them to document these bugs if they can go back and look at reports showing what was trying to be done at the time of the problem. Not really a "Big Brother" kind of thing, just maintenance observations.

Just a thought.

What I would like to see is the ability to backup just 3rd party apps the same way that you back up the address book, pics, ect.
    Last edited by peike; 04-11-09 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo
    04-11-09 06:42 PM
    Looks like I'm going to be the first non 4.6+ to try this out. Downloading now. BRB
    04-11-09 07:03 PM
    have dm5.0 along with 5.0.0.90 on my bold and everything is way faster syncing. Like the 5.0 way better than 4.7dm
    04-11-09 07:16 PM
    It loads faster after it crashes when trying to sync my calendars
    04-11-09 07:41 PM
    Definitely agree with everyone on the loading. Here's some more noticeables:

- more user friendly messages (i.e. when the device needs to reboot, it says, "This could take as long as 30 minutes..."

- cleaner interface

- again, the speed is improved

- checking, "don't check for updates" really mean that it's not gonna search for updates every time it loads

- hasn't crashed while i'm writing this
    04-11-09 10:29 PM
    Cool, I may have to check this out then.
    04-11-09 11:03 PM
    grand find, just updated mine, no more roxio the memory hog! Should I also add, this applies across the devices not just the bold/storm/what have you, works on my pearl, and got rid of the roxio media manager, just use the native one from blackberry now on 5.0 DM
    Last edited by zocster; 04-12-09 at 04:12 AM.
    04-11-09 11:18 PM
    Hey is that BBDM 5.0 is the one with Media Manager or is it without it?
    04-12-09 05:04 AM
    if you have one installed and prefer to stick with the roxio one it will leave it there, however if you chose to remove it will be removed during the upgrade and left with a BB media manager native I think.
    04-12-09 05:16 AM
    Definitely faster sync with outlook, maybe half the time it took with 4.6 or 4.7
    04-12-09 09:49 AM
    Is there any benefit of upgrading to this if I am using DM4.7 and an 8350i with the latest OS?
    04-12-09 10:47 AM
    I will wait for the official release. No hurry for me. I hardly sync once a month
    04-12-09 11:15 AM
    dm5 with os5 on an 8900 on step 3 is telling me fatoal error and to retry.
    trying a torrent of os5 to see if any different.
    04-12-09 01:54 PM
    Well the thing is that I have the 4.7 BBDM without Media Manager because I have the New Full version of Roxio software on my Computer and I'm afraid to install it cause it's going to down grade my Roxio Software cause it happen b4 so that's why I was asking is this is the one without the Media Manager cause truly I don't even use it...
    04-12-09 03:18 PM
    now I am getting a message saying that no update is needed. deleted the vendor xml but same situation.
    04-12-09 03:39 PM
    this is not the device OS updater this is the desktop manager for ALL device
    04-12-09 03:41 PM
    now I am getting a message saying that no update is needed. deleted the vendor xml but same situation.
    Disconnect your PC from the Internet before you start the upgrade process. DM 5, just like 4.7 puts Vendr.xml back if you delete it. It does this by contacting RIM's servers and deciding what is wrong.

Here's how to fix it.

Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

This was written for 4.7, but it applys equally to 5.
    04-12-09 05:32 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD