I have installed BB DM 6 on my PC and all seems to work well, but when I do a backup it stills says NEVER BACKED UP on the first screen! Why?
    08-17-10 12:04 PM
    I have this problem too. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same thing-"Never Backed Up" although I have backed up about 15 times.
    08-19-10 12:07 PM
    Initially, I found that DM6 did a sync the moment it found my BB and then that would not show up on the Homescreen as a Sync.

On the Homescreen I went to Device > Device Options > General and unchecked "When I connect my device" and the three sync options underneath. Then Okay.

Restarted DM6, the sync did not happen and then manually clicking the green "Sync All" on the bottom right of the Homescreen did the sync and correctly updated the info on this page. Merde.

Sorry RIM, but this DM is a bit of a mess. Clearly you did not follow IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke...) here.
    08-19-10 04:36 PM
    Lots of people have been having trouble with this recently. I would suggest getting into the Blackberry App World to download a sync/backup application... very easy to use!

Hope that helps you guys out!
    08-19-10 04:54 PM
    The backup works, it just says it has not backuped.
    08-22-10 12:04 PM
    I'm also having this problem.. Any solutions?
    10-05-10 11:03 AM
    Well, my Backups went along fine until September 16. Desktop 6 is still able to do them, its just that the date doesn't change on the homescreen.

Surely this sort of thing isn't brain surgery any more - but there are times I pine for my old Palm Desktop Manager...

10-11-10 10:34 AM
    My desktop manager says never backed up, even though i did back up. The file is there. Contacted BB support and was told to uninstall desktop manager and reinstall.This never happened with storm 1, only with storm 2.
    10-16-10 09:33 AM
    Ah, the ever-popular delete and reinstall method. From OSs to general software, the last (or perhaps first) resort when something goes bad.

You'd think after how many years of personal computing, this stuff would be worked out by now.

(And no, Apple products are not immune to this either....)
    10-18-10 03:42 PM
    i have an off subject question. when i sync my yahoo contacts some contacts come over to my bb as duplicates because they were merged into one contact in yahoo. is there anyway bb can merge duplicates on the pda?
    10-19-10 05:33 PM
    I also had this problem for a while. In my case there was always an error backing up one of my profiles; I just ignored it, didn't really matter to me. After upgrading my OS the profile error was fixed, and at that point DM started showing backup date; still does. So maybe if there is any kind of error in backing up DM concludes none was done.
    m
    10-21-10 11:50 AM
    The issue appears to be with the way Windows 7 locates the My Docs folder. No matter how many times I navigate to the folder, it always remoces the C:\Users... and just says "My Documents". I think since it cannot find the file due to Windows 7 Libraries, it doesn't think a backup has ever been completed. You would think RIM could get this resolved!
    11-12-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD