Hi all

I wonder does anyone know if you can backup 2 BB on the same DM? My daughter and I both have BBs and I haven't backed her phone up yet. (she has a Curve 8520 and I've got a Bold 9700) It seems like it would be possible but I thought I'd check here first.

thanks for any help
    09-15-10 01:08 AM
    Yes you can. Just make sure you label the back up files for easier reference.
    09-15-10 01:10 AM
    thanks Karmaloop for your help and info.

BGK
    09-15-10 01:23 AM
    Yep, no problem man.
    09-15-10 01:57 AM
    I have used Backup and Restore with two BlackBerry and I can confirm it works fine without having to rename either IPD file. Each file has an internal copy of the PIN number to keep them seperate.

Advanced Restore can be used to over-ride the automatic settings and copy portions of the database between devices.
    09-15-10 09:48 AM
    I have used Backup and Restore with two BlackBerry and I can confirm it works fine without having to rename either IPD file. Each file has an internal copy of the PIN number to keep them seperate.

Advanced Restore can be used to over-ride the automatic settings and copy portions of the database between devices.
    I can vouch for this as well. I've backed up my Blackberries, and my Wife's Blackberry on my home computer w/o any problems. jut make sure to store/save it under the names of you and your daughter so that way you do not restore the wrong persons information. it's easy to fix, but easily avoidable.
    09-15-10 11:18 AM
    Thanks to you all for your info and further to the BB DM I just downloaded the OS 5.0.0.862 from it (using the latest version of DM too) and neglected to do any app backups (slight heart attack here ) except for one a few weeks ago using BBSAK and everything was saved and came through with the new OS update, I didn't loose a darn thing. (which on the previous version of DM , I lost all kinds of apps and info) It was ridiculously easy. I wonder if it was a fluke or does the latest version of the DM have this capability built in?
    09-15-10 01:01 PM
    Thanks to you all for your info and further to the BB DM I just downloaded the OS 5.0.0.862 from it (using the latest version of DM too) and neglected to do any app backups (slight heart attack here ) except for one a few weeks ago using BBSAK and everything was saved and came through with the new OS update, I didn't loose a darn thing. (which on the previous version of DM , I lost all kinds of apps and info) It was ridiculously easy. I wonder if it was a fluke or does the latest version of the DM have this capability built in?
    using Desktop Manager, IIRC, you have to select to back up and restore applications when doing an OS update.
    09-15-10 01:04 PM
    Yeah I would have thought so too, but I swear I didn't, I hooked up my BB clicked on download, (freaked because I wondered what I just screwed up) heaved a big sigh and went and read a book for a 30 or 45 minutes! I think it might have taken 1 - 2 hours and when I unhooked it my phone, I had the new OS on it (I checked in Options - about) and nothing was lost except one app which I then replaced. I did not do a restore. I did notice that my BB is much faster now and other than a couple of freeze ups the first day (did a a couple of battery pulls) it has been smooth running ever since. This is why I wondered if the new DM automatically does a restore afterwords. What do you think everybody?
    I have to update my daughter's Curve next so I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks
    Bonnie
    09-15-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD