Hi,

A few days ago I downloaded the latest version of Desktop Manager (4.7) offered to me by a direct link from the O2 UK site to the RIM download area.

I then updated my phone s/w to the latest official version also (4.6.0.266!), with no apparent problems.

A few minutes ago, a window popped up offering me a "BlackBerry Automatic Update" to Version 5.0.0.11 (298MB), which I am in the process of downloading and installing now.

From this I gather that this latest version is now 'officially' recognised by O2... or by RIM, at least.

I know that later versions of the OS for my Bold are also available, but I prefer to stick with the 'official' ones!
    Last edited by Montala; 08-30-09 at 12:31 PM. Reason: More details added.
    08-30-09 12:20 PM
    Just because its "official" doesn't mean it better or safer. There are unofficial or beta software that blow "official" software away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:40 PM
    You're updating your DESKTOP MANAGER software - the current version is 5.0.0.11; not your device software.
    08-30-09 12:50 PM
    You're updating your DESKTOP MANAGER software - the current version is 5.0.0.11; not your device software.
    Yes, I am fully aware of that thanks... I obviously didn't word my message too well.

It was just that I wasn't aware that this version of the desktop software was now 'official', but there again I don't follow the BlackBerry world as closely as I used to!
    08-30-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD