I know a lot of messages have been posted about syncing problems. I want to add my voice of frustration. I installed DM 6 last night and had a problem syncing BB contacts with MS Outlook. Today I uninstalled DM 6 thinking perhaps the download was corrupted. Re-downloaded the program from BB and installed again. Same problem. The error message I receive is: Please choose what to synchronize: organizer data, add-ins, date and time. Of course, I had chosen organizer data; had set it up all correctly, etc. I'm going to uninstall DM6 and re-install DM 5. What a disappointment. I thought RIM would do better than this.
    08-11-10 11:33 PM
    First, I want to apologize to RIM for my criticism. The problems I encountered with syncing were all of my own doing. With a little help from the forums I figured out why I was having problems syncing Outlook with DM6. I should have initially done a complete uninstall of DM5, making sure to check off the box that asks if I want to remove all my settings. Even when I did uninstall DM5, I hadn't checked that box so the old settings where interfering with my syncing in DM6. So I completely uninstalled DM5 and DM6 making sure the box was checked in each uninstall to remove all old settings. Then I installed DM6 again and set up my BB 9700 just like it was a new setup and everything worked perfectly.
    08-12-10 06:27 PM
    Dear Mycopsycho,
    Thank you for taking the time to give the answer to your 'crying in the wilderness' problem.
    I had the identical problem and so appreciated you giving the answer to the problem. All I needed to do was completely delete the previous install.

All the best to you from Albania
    01-17-11 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD