Hey guys, My first post here, Hope im in the right section.

I just picked up my 9900 a few days ago, like it so far, besides the battery life.

My problem right now is, the box did not come with a CD for the blackberry desktop manager

I tried to download the one directly from blackberry, but it says it will only work on windows SP3, Which I am not using..

What do I do ? is there any other versions out there I can use that dont require SP3 ?

Thanks
    Great site by the way
    08-31-11 02:10 PM
    And why don't you wanna update to SP3? Unless you are running an illegal version of Windows there is no reason you should not be upgrading to SP3 as it offers a lot of enhancements to Windows XP and security patches.

If you are running an illegal version of Windows and thus cannot update to SP3, then I dont think anyone would be willing to offer any help as this is not a warez site.
    08-31-11 02:46 PM
    And why don't you wanna update to SP3? Unless you are running an illegal version of Windows there is no reason you should not be upgrading to SP3 as it offers a lot of enhancements to Windows XP and security patches.

If you are running an illegal version of Windows and thus cannot update to SP3, then I dont think anyone would be willing to offer any help as this is not a warez site.
    little off topic,but what does sp3 mean?
    thanks
    08-31-11 03:22 PM
    little off topic,but what does sp3 mean?
    thanks
    This is not off topic, LOL SP3 means Service Pack 3

When Microsoft releases a Windows Operating system, and the amount of updates you have to do becomes too much especially when you install Windows XP for the first time, Microsoft then streamlines all these updates into one neat package they call a Service Pack.

Many new programs will not even run without having the latest service pack installed to ensure utmost security and program compatibility.

People who don't own a legit version of Windows, are the only ones afraid to install a service pack as that might break their cracked version of Windows. Which is probably why the OP is complaining and doesn't want to update to SP2. He doesn't even know what he's missing by not updating, ranging from security patches, to speed enhancement. SP3 made SP3 fly in terms of performance and there should be no reason in the world why anyone wouldn't want to upgrade other than what I mentioned above.
    08-31-11 03:26 PM
    This is not off topic, LOL SP3 means Service Pack 3

When Microsoft releases a Windows Operating system, and the amount of updates you have to do becomes too much especially when you install Windows XP for the first time, Microsoft then streamlines all these updates into one neat package they call a Service Pack.

Many new programs will not even run without having the latest service pack installed to ensure utmost security and program compatibility.

People who don't own a legit version of Windows, are the only ones afraid to install a service pack as that might break their cracked version of Windows. Which is probably why the OP is complaining and doesn't want to update to SP2. He doesn't even know what he's missing by not updating, ranging from security patches, to speed enhancement. SP3 made SP3 fly in terms of performance and there should be no reason in the world why anyone wouldn't want to upgrade other than what I mentioned above.

ok great,thanks for the clarification
    08-31-11 03:50 PM
    I have legal windows, bought and paid for, I installed SP3 through the windows update feature, after install, my computer went downhill. It would lock up under start up, programs would lock up, and I was getting blue screens constantly.
    I removed the sp3 and restored to sp2 with zero issues at all.
    why that happened ? I have no idea, Im not a computer tech but it really didnt make sence to me, however, 2 of my friends encountered the same problem, one a dell laptop and the other on a hp desktop, both legal and purchesed at stores.
    honestly, I like the way my computer runs now, never had a single problem sence going back to sp2, so thats why im looking for BB desktop for sp2
    08-31-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD