Before I throw myself out of the god damn window:

Bought my BB almost 10 days ago. Ordered and waiting on a bluetooth dongle.

Downloaded all kinds of versions of DM, different compatability modes, uninstalled this device driver, updated drivers, completely uninstalled, installed usb and modem drivers, reinstalled DM, pulled the battery, tried a different usb cable, did the pinstack fix, uninstalled roothubs, usb controllers.

and some combination of the pinstack fix and my forcibly loading the vista drivers ('have disk' option since vista can't seem to find the drivers)for the two unknown rim device drivers did the trick.

THEN

my computer got a virus and it crashed, restored it to where it was before the crash, and tried the same thing.

DM does not work as in it shows no PIN connected, the before my computer crashed.

In My Computer I have an inaccessible removable disk, and an accessible blackberry1 drive (with appdata, applications, dev, home, system, tmp...)

Under device manager I have to RIM serial ports, two blackberry RIM Usb devices, and under USB controllers just like I had when I had the blackberry running I have a blackberry smartphone (no problems here), and then two other blackberry smartphones with forced ('have disk') drivers and a yellow exclamation mark (because I forced them) the error message is Code 10 could not start the device (under the properties of the yellow devices)

Also the blackberry, when it worked in DM, it worked fine in 4.7 of all versions.

I'm about to return this, or just hope my bluetooth dongle comes and works before then. Anyone want to throw out a god send here? I did the pinstack fix off my XP home computer after wiping the blackberry, when I try it on my vista laptop it says it cannot find blackberry device manager (which it did not do last time)

Also lets not forget that ATT/blackberry wanted to charge me .35 a minute calling them for a problem to which they could not find a solution

Edit: Thought I might also add that usually when you have a USB device in Vista there is a green icon on the bottom right where you can safely remove them. I do not get a safely remove option in My Comptuer or get that icon with the blackbenrry plugged in
    Last edited by manimgoindowndown; 07-12-09 at 04:38 PM.
    07-12-09 04:26 PM

THEN

my computer got a virus and it crashed,
    Uh. I suggest you format and reinstall the OS. While you're at it, do yourself a favor and download the RC Windows 7. It is free and blows Vista out of the water.
    07-12-09 04:42 PM
    Win 7 actually worked out of the box with my Kensington BT dongle. Syncing with it as we speak.............
    07-12-09 04:51 PM
    I use Vista, I wouldn't upgrade to Windows 7 till it's released. Use DM 4.6, do a complete uninstall of whatever you are doing. When you install DM, make sure your antivirus software is off for that time. Do a restart after the install, and then attach your Bold. Should work fine. As for the virus, that has nothing to do with any BB software, use your antivirus program to clean it up first before you do any of the above.
    07-12-09 04:52 PM
    Pre ordered my copy of Win 7 already. Only 148.00 for it. My BT dongle worked for like a day then the drivers ballsed up and I could never get it working again after that. So far been running about 2 months using Win 7 now.
    07-12-09 04:55 PM
    I've been on 64bit Vista since it was released and I've never had a problem with DM 4.6 or anything Blackberry-related on my PC.
    07-12-09 04:59 PM
    I have vista 64 bit working perfectly fine with DM 4.7. Roxio manager now thats another story.
    07-12-09 08:09 PM
    I'm on vista 64 bit... And have had NO problems what so ever. Just use the cd that came with your phone and you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 09:26 PM
    I'm running Vista 64 bit and Win 7. DM works fine on both.
    Pre ordered my copy of Win 7 already. Only 148.00 for it.
    If you pre-ordered the upgrade before yesterday at the windows store it was $49 for home and $99 for professional. I'm going ultimate and there was no deal on it.
    07-12-09 10:00 PM
    I have been running vista 64 bit for over a year and have never had a issue with any DM or OS. I actually use 4.7 DM and loaded .266 and .282 rogers release np's at all, so for those who state 4.7 DM sucks or has issues I am living proof it does not, but then again it could be an issue thaty is on windows xp that 4.7 DM has given to people.

Windows 7 RC I tried it out about 3 months ago and liked it, but I could not get somethings to work like some hardware or apps, so I went back to vista 64 bit.

07-12-09 10:09 PM
    I used to sync my BB Bold with my laptop cpu running Windows XP Professional using DM 4.6. It is a Dell computer and as expected - it crashed a couple of days ago. So now - I'm stuck with syncing my Bold with my desktop HP CPU running Windows Vista (which I absolutely hate, by the way) and Vista doesn't seem to like BB's at all.

Although it acts funny when I sync my Bold with it, but because I need to back up everything - I do it anyway. I can only wish you luck with this. When I had my Curve - it wouldn't sync with Vista at all. So I'm just in prayer mode now. I have restored my laptop, but I don't really wanna sync anything with it cuz it'll prolly crash again in the near future.

Peace....
    07-12-09 10:25 PM
    using vista ultimate 64bit with no problems !

backup ur stuff and format
    07-13-09 04:17 AM
    Uninstall all BLACKBERRY software from your computer. Restart. Install DM 4.6. Restart computer. Run DM and connect BlackBerry. No problem

07-13-09 08:05 AM
    windows 7 rc wipe and install. dell and screwy vista drivers.

in general getting usb drivers to work with dell on vista was a usually miss and sometimes hit process.
    07-18-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD