And what sucks is that:
    - the upgrade window doesn't mention it (kind of a big deal functionality-wise i think to not mention)
    - the upgrade window keeps popping up (actually there may be a way to stop being reminded i guess)
    10-08-10 09:47 AM
    Looks like I found a solution. I tried a friends iPad, and I can use it to access work while I am out. Its data plan allows me to turn it off and on as needed. Pretty cool, and since I am on Verizon, I am CDMA, so this will give me a line I can be connected to the web and still use my cell phone. Though I hate loosing my calendar and all on the Blackberry. So moved to a feature phone, tossed the Blackberry and saving for an iPad. Thanks very much RIM!!!! CYA
    11-01-10 04:34 PM
    /agree. Still love my BB; but, the desktop update popup that keeps coming up is a slap in the face every-time (specifically because it doesn't mention the little "no more redirection" detail that users would have to discover on their own).
    11-02-10 09:28 AM
    It was suggested that if you installed DM 6 first and then install DM 5 over it, you can keep using Redirector and DM 6 as it is not removed when you install DM 5. Only problem with that is it will no longer sync your messages with Outlook.

nm4m: good luck with your iPad... no one cares!
    11-03-10 08:37 AM
    Hi - before I make this leap, could you elaborate on this last comment? What do you mean by "no longer sync"? Isn't that the whole point?

Well I suppose technically there's no sync without the actual over the air enterprise setup. But with redirector you can still plug in USB for sync of calendar/tasks/notes... etc while getting emails pushed from desktop over the air. Is that what you mean?

Only problem with that is it will no longer sync your messages with Outlook.
    11-08-10 07:32 AM
    Hi - before I make this leap, could you elaborate on this last comment? What do you mean by "no longer sync"? Isn't that the whole point?

Well I suppose technically there's no sync without the actual over the air enterprise setup. But with redirector you can still plug in USB for sync of calendar/tasks/notes... etc while getting emails pushed from desktop over the air. Is that what you mean?
    I'm not sure what happens with calendar/tasks/notes since I don't use those on the PC side, but with Outlook mail the behavior in DM5 was that if you deleted redirected e-mail on the BlackBerry they would get deleted in Outlook when you connected your device with DM5 open. The same would happen if you read a message on your device, it would mark it as read when you connected. This no longer happens when you connect if you have DM6 installed.
    11-08-10 10:40 AM
    Ah thanks for the distinction. So for folks who want the "full" redirector experience it's probably a good idea just to roll-back or stick with 5.

Thx!

(since calendar, tasks, notes aren't part of the redirector experience you have to plug in to sync them anyways so I imagine it's the same thing in DM5 or 6).

The same would happen if you read a message on your device, it would mark it as read when you connected. This no longer happens when you connect if you have DM6 installed.
    11-10-10 07:15 AM
    I am using Torch, Windows 7, Outlook 2007, DM5.0.1.
    Before I was using DM6. I'm one person who won't have the rights to use BES.
    So redirector is very useful for reading corporate email although one can't open the attachments.

As everyone has said there's no redirector in DM6, I've downgraded to DM5.
    But the problem with DM5 is I can't sync my outlook calendar, contacts, etc...
    Got this "connector specific error" all the time.

So I guess one really has to decide what exactly one wants.

Just sharing my thoughts. All comments are welcome.
    03-11-11 03:07 AM
    I am using Torch, Windows 7, Outlook 2007, DM5.0.1.
    Before I was using DM6. I'm one person who won't have the rights to use BES.
    So redirector is very useful for reading corporate email although one can't open the attachments.

As everyone has said there's no redirector in DM6, I've downgraded to DM5.
    But the problem with DM5 is I can't sync my outlook calendar, contacts, etc...
    Got this "connector specific error" all the time.

So I guess one really has to decide what exactly one wants.

Just sharing my thoughts. All comments are welcome.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Outback; 04-26-11 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Formatting error
    04-25-11 09:30 PM
    I don't have a solution to you error message but I was thinking of going from my Bold 9000 to the Torch. But I see that you're already on that pathway faced with this error so now I thinking BB is the best email handset but it's only as good (to me) as the redirector function. Without a viable alternative I may as well start exploring other smart phones for this feature. I'm happy for the 3 years of good service that the BB9000 gave me though - pity.
    I am thinking of the Torch though. Have you found a solution to your sync problem in OL2007?
    04-26-11 09:47 PM
    This is a crazy move by BB. Lots of people like me - especially self-employed and SMEs - dont have Enterprise servers and use Redirector to forward emails from their desktops to their BBs. If BB arent going to provide this facility in current and future software then they are going to lose us as customers.
    This was the main reason for me selcting BB originally. It was working fine until v6 and BB took it away without telling anybody or warning us in teh upgarde materail ( I wasted a day upgrading then finding teh probvlem and then downgrading again.
    And they are still not acknowledging the problem on their sites or in the upgrade info.
    It is not good enough to just say go back to v5.5. Why have they introduced v6 - presumably because it has more features and benefits - but I cant access them if I have to use 5.5. And what about fututre updates and when will v5.5 become totally unsupported by BB.
    I'm now a second class BB customer - well only until I change to Apple or another smart phone that will do what I want.

AndyC - digital marketing Home Page
    08-12-11 04:40 AM
    I would suggest you ask IT to forward your work email messages directly from the Exchange server to the BlackBerry email address. To do this they will need to setup an additional forwarding rule. Instructions for how to set this up are here:- Forwarding Mail to an External Recipient
    08-12-11 04:57 AM
    Redirector may be back in DM6.1.0.20 - see http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...0-20-a-609438/
    Has anyone tried this?
    08-12-11 06:07 PM
    Interesting... I just installed 6.1.0.35 and it looks like there's an option for enterprise e-mail where you can select Outlook client as an option once you've connected your device. I will have to verify this on Monday as I don't have access until I get into work...
    08-12-11 08:51 PM
    I don't think it works. I also just installed 6.1.0.35 and choosing that enterprise option with Outlook still asks for BES.
    08-25-11 10:12 AM
    Anyone know where to get DM5 nowadays? Unless I'm not looking hard enough it doesn't appear to be a download at BB main site anymore (yes, I was at the "Download earlier versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC" portion of the site).
    08-25-11 12:35 PM
    Yeah, looks like DM5 is the only way to still use Redirector... I uploaded the last release of DM5 File name: 501_b073_multilanguage.exe File size: 258.91 MB
    Last edited by dimm0k; 08-25-11 at 07:33 PM.
    08-25-11 07:30 PM
    I removed all version and re-installed 4.7. It still shows my old phone PIN under "active device" at bottom of page. When I hook my new 9850 up, program closes. How can you get rid of "active PIN" number and is this causing my DM to close everytime?

Thanks
    09-29-11 09:56 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD