In a bit of a surprise as part of the BlackBerry DTEK50 announcement, BlackBerry let it be known the device is available for pre-order on ShopBlackBerry right now for those in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands and is expected to start shipping the week of August 8. Will you be pre-ordering one?

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    07-26-16 12:22 PM
    Just saw specs .. Not really into android .. Love bb10 butttttttt. Just might..
    07-26-16 02:32 PM
    I proudly voted no!
    07-26-16 09:26 PM
    Doesn't have enough Blackberry for my taste. I would've been a sucker for a Priv if it was smaller and I had more money but alas.
    07-26-16 10:00 PM
    BB makes great products. Unfortunately they don't know how to market them. When are they going to realize that people have to have a hands on experience with a phone in the store of their carriers, and be able to play with them, and compare them with the competition before they commit to buying them? Most people are not going to buy a phone online sight unseen. The only people who will buy them are the die hard BB fans like me. A year and a half ago I went back to the BB Classic from an Android HTC Thunderbolt. I love the key board and hub. I bought it sight unseen because I am a die hard BB fan. I love the phone except for the APPS. I really wanted to get a Passport at the time because of the bigger screen but Verizon wasn't carrying them at the time and I wasn't about to change carriers as I was eligible for a new phone free of charge. BB has just recently started to advertise the Priv on TV. What a novel idea. Everyone watches a TV. I'm no marketing genius, but this is not rocket science. What the hell took them so long? I want BB to succeed, but they just seem to get in their own way. Get some marketing people that know what the hell they are doing!
    07-27-16 07:34 AM
    I won't be ordering one, but that's a reflection of the fact that I want a PKB.
    Currently have a Classic, great phone, but when a Classic-like Android shows up (Jan/Feb timeframe is my understanding) I will seriously consider it.
    07-27-16 09:03 AM
    the phone doesn't have a blackberry touch for me at all except for the software side, so it's a no for me
    07-31-16 09:20 PM
    At proper exchange rate yes, at $429 Can NO WAY

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 05:10 PM
    to be honest, no. I'd have to try one first. So far I haven't been thrilled with android of virtual keyboards on screens much under 6".

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 12:38 PM
    I would prefer priv over dtek50 even if turns out a bad experience I would still experience one....it somehow appeals to me try holding it and you will have a change of thought....there might be some little tell tale stories yet its first android BlackBerry let it mature and I bet it will spell magic....keep the faith BlackBerry is here to stay

Red passport
    08-06-16 01:22 PM