Good news for any Twitters users who have a BlackBerry Beta Zone account. BlackBerry has released Twitter for BlackBerry 10 via Beta Zone in order to get some beta testers up and running to put the app through its paces. It brings about the ability to swipe between timelines. You still have the tabs along the bottom but to make things a bit swift, you can swipe between your feed, Discover and Activity, It is also transitioning into that flatter looking UI that we saw in the leaked OS 10.3.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    03-28-14 05:51 AM
    Please beta testers...make sure we get the option to get tweets in the hub. Yea I know some people would get hundreds of tweets but they could turn that notification off. I never tweet but do follow a few people of interest and I would like to get notifications when they tweet.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    03-28-14 06:17 AM
    Thanks. Just downloaded. I was expecting black theme in this update. Let's see when BB will include black theme in twitter.
    03-28-14 06:26 AM
    Update is Awesome! Simple, clean, great ui.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:25 PM
    Update is Awesome! Simple, clean, great ui.

Posted via CB10
    Can you get tweets in the hub or still only mentions and dm?

Z10
    03-28-14 06:32 PM
    Please beta testers...make sure we get the option to get tweets in the hub. Yea I know some people would get hundreds of tweets but they could turn that notification off. I never tweet but do follow a few people of interest and I would like to get notifications when they tweet.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yes im waiting for this feature so much , believe me
    I really hope we will have it soon
    notifications when they tweet public
    03-29-14 11:05 AM
    Yes im waiting for this feature so much , believe me
    I really hope we will have it soon
    notifications when they tweet public
    Exactly! And the one reason everybody keeps mentioning as to why it's not there is because people could potentially be getting constant tweet notifications. My contrary to that is why can't it be an option to turn it on and off no different than any other notifications. Seems simple enough.

Z10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:58 AM
    Exactly! And the one reason everybody keeps mentioning as to why it's not there is because people could potentially be getting constant tweet notifications. My contrary to that is why can't it be an option to turn it on and off no different than any other notifications. Seems simple enough.

Z10
    Exactly.
    All platforms have this option.
    I can't figure out if this is a twitter issue or its blackberry fault for not having it.
    I really hope we see this future soon on our 10 devices
    03-29-14 12:21 PM
    I don't see the option. On other platforms you can set it on the users profile page.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:01 PM
    Just noticed it when I launched Beta Zone. Love the new features...lot more like the other official Twitter apps.
    03-30-14 09:05 PM
    Wish we could swipe into lists. Not a fan of the new pastel blue. Not a fan at all. Needs dark theme, checking out the beta with the lights off...My poor eyes.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-30-14 11:09 PM
    Needs landscape
    What's Twitter on full touch without landscape support

Posted via CB10
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-31-14 12:04 AM
    Much better

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    03-31-14 01:07 AM
    Black theme would be a nice option. I would really like to see the bottom tool bar disappear when scrolling. Anyone else agree?
    03-31-14 02:43 AM
    Although a dark theme would be nice it wouldn't be in line with the other clients as they don't offer this option either afaik.

I personally don't think having the bottom bar disappear would be good because how would you activate it? Because of its position I don't think there would be a logical "flowing" way to activate it. (maybe I'm wrong here)

Tweets in hub - if you're referring to the option where you enable tweet notifications by user, then I agree this would completely make sense. However, we would also need the ability to enable / disable the option in a user's profile. Currently and since day 1, the t4bb10 client has *always* defaulted to enable this when you use this client to follow a new user. You have to use other means to disable.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    03-31-14 08:54 AM
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...-bb10-beta.jpg
    Good news for any Twitters users who have a BlackBerry Beta Zone account. BlackBerry has released Twitter for BlackBerry 10 via Beta Zone in order to get some beta testers up and running to put the app through its paces. It brings about the ability to swipe between timelines. You still have the tabs along the bottom but to make things a bit swift, you can swipe between your feed, Discover and Activity, It is also transitioning into that flatter looking UI that we saw in the leaked OS 10.3.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...

can U please load .bar file.
    thanks
    03-31-14 09:00 AM
    Although a dark theme would be nice it wouldn't be in line with the other clients as they don't offer this option either afaik.

I personally don't think having the bottom bar disappear would be good because how would you activate it? Because of its position I don't think there would be a logical "flowing" way to activate it. (maybe I'm wrong here)
    Windows Phone client has a dark theme and it looks wicked (http://m.windowscentral.com/official...heme-languages)

As for the bar, it could hide upon scrolling and then reappear when you stop scrolling

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:24 PM

Tweets in hub - if you're referring to the option where you enable tweet notifications by user, then I agree this would completely make sense. However, we would also need the ability to enable / disable the option in a user's profile. Currently and since day 1, the t4bb10 client has *always* defaulted to enable this when you use this client to follow a new user. You have to use other means to disable.

So are you saying that if I follow someone new then I should get notifications from them?

Z10
    04-01-14 05:48 AM
    So are you saying that if I follow someone new then I should get notifications from them?

Z10
    If you use t4bb10 to follow someone new, public tweet notifications is on by default.

04-02-14 12:40 AM
    If you use t4bb10 to follow someone new, public tweet notifications is on by default.

Sorry but this option you are mentioning doesn't work on bb10 devices, maybe you mean something else
    04-02-14 12:47 AM
    Sorry but this option you are mentioning doesn't work on bb10 devices, maybe you mean something else
    That is my point. If you follow someone from the T4BB10 app, by default public tweet notifications are enabled (you can't see or change it from the bb10 client). If you login to web or other platform's official twitter client, you can turn the notification option on or off. (If you follow someone from web, by default the notifications are off so I don't understand why t4bb10 always defaults to on)

Basically if you enable texts for tweets, anyone you add via T4BB10 will generate texts for every tweet they post.
    04-02-14 08:56 AM

Basically if you enable texts for tweets, anyone you add via T4BB10 will generate texts for every tweet they post.
    You mean that you we will receive public tweets by sms to our mobile phone number ?
    04-02-14 10:57 AM
    You mean that you we will receive public tweets by sms to our mobile phone number ?
    Um....yes Login to twtter on the webs and go to Settings / Mobile...
    For each user that you enable individual notifications, you can set what you want to have sent as an sms to you:
    Attached Thumbnails Twitter for BlackBerry 10 now available through the BlackBerry Beta Zone-mobile_notifications.png  
    04-02-14 11:23 AM
    So basically the notification you get is via text. I still don't like that. The point here is, they should easily enough be able to make this option to turn off/on tweet notifications and have it be the same as any other app. Show up in the hub in the twitter section and not as a text message.

Z10
    04-03-14 05:44 AM
    So basically the notification you get is via text. I still don't like that. The point here is, they should easily enough be able to make this option to turn off/on tweet notifications and have it be the same as any other app. Show up in the hub in the twitter section and not as a text message.

Z10
    In this case, yes it is txt...but if you disable txt notifications, the app can still use the per-user setting to give you device notifications which is the case for Android. Haven't tested with crapple.
    04-03-14 08:32 AM
42 12