BlackBerry has offered some details about how its made Android more secure on the Priv by BlackBerry. The company has hardened the Linux kernel, verifies the Boot and Secure Bootchain, and much more.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    10-20-15 01:40 PM
    If the Blackphone is still 'the most secure Android phone, BlackBerry should buy them to make sure they themselves continue to be the best.

Does anyone know which companies employ the Blackphone?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-15 01:51 PM
    I wonder what will happen once it's rooted?
    10-20-15 02:18 PM
    Fine.... Here is a question that NOT One person has been able to answer and I have asked it on several posts, channel and fourms. How is this version of Android (on the Prev) secure when there is NO security on the app(s)?

Yes, the phone is secure, and there is a feature that allows you to 'monitor' app functions and what an app is doing, but it does NOT seem to stop an app from doing something that it shouldn't. Android is notorious for bogus apps, mailware and adware apps and virus laden apps. As apps go, Android has the worst reputation and Google does not seem to even attempt to vet their apps before allowing them on the store.

Android apps are also the worst for requesting permissions (just for them to function) that one would never think are required. For example, why does a translation app require access of my phone book? the phone, or directory?

And if I restrict the permissions, the app does not function.

The Prev does NOT stop any of that from happening. Compared to BB10, Android is a joke for security and only securing the hardware, is not enough. This is a bad idea and doomed to fail once people begin to have their data stolen.

My question then is: How is this anymore secure than any other Android phone? Considering the lack of security on the apps.

BlackBerry has offered some details about how its made Android more secure on the Priv by BlackBerry. The company has hardened the Linux kernel, verifies the Boot and Secure Bootchain, and much more.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    10-20-15 02:33 PM
    Fine.... Here is a question that NOT One person has been able to answer and I have asked it on several posts, channel and fourms. How is this version of Android (on the Prev) secure when there is NO security on the app(s)?

Yes, the phone is secure, and there is a feature that allows you to 'monitor' app functions and what an app is doing, but it does NOT seem to stop an app from doing something that it shouldn't. Android is notorious for bogus apps, mailware and adware apps and virus laden apps. As apps go, Android has the worst reputation and Google does not seem to even attempt to vet their apps before allowing them on the store.

Android apps are also the worst for requesting permissions (just for them to function) that one would never think are required. For example, why does a translation app require access of my phone book? the phone, or directory?

And if I restrict the permissions, the app does not function.

The Prev does NOT stop any of that from happening. Compared to BB10, Android is a joke for security and only securing the hardware, is not enough. This is a bad idea and doomed to fail once people begin to have their data stolen.

My question then is: How is this anymore secure than any other Android phone? Considering the lack of security on the apps.
    App permissions are different in marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-15 02:51 PM
    Great... but the Prev does not run Marshmallow from everything I have seen so far. One post in Crackberry even suggests that because Marshmallow is so new and most likely buggy, its a good thing its not running it.

Sorry, I still don't see how this is a secure (in any way) phone.
    10-20-15 02:53 PM