A short while back we threw a poll out that asked are you still using WhatsApp now that BBM is on all major mobile platforms? As I stated then, I'm not a massive fan of the app, although it does work seamlessly on BlackBerry 10, however I continue to use it as I have a few buddies that use it on their iPhones.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    10-08-14 06:00 AM
    I stopped using it as soon as BBM moved to the other platforms, all the people I deal with have BBM ...
    10-08-14 06:23 AM
    I continue to use Whatsapp and BBM. Now that Facebook owns Whatsapp, I'd love to ditch it and use BBM only, but some of the people I communicate with use only Whatsapp so I'm stuck using it along side BBM to talk to this crowd.

I could try to convince the only-Whatsappp users to install BBM, but there is always going to be someone living in the iBubble world that won't make the switch because anything from non-apple platform is sacrilege to him/her.

My only hope is that one day Facebook invades WhatApp users' privacy (which I'm sure they do already or are planning to) and gets publicly exposed for doing so. Only then might the WhatsApp-using crowd realize why BBM is a better choice. Also, BB needs to continue enhancing the BBM feature set on non-BB platforms, as well as its own platform, to make BBM more appealing to everyone.

In the mean time, I wait for the day when I can ditch Whatsapp. I have a feeling I might be waiting forever.
    10-08-14 07:22 AM