This week the world of mobile computing turned its attention to the automobile industry because of fresh headlines that Google has signed a deal with Audi to power its in-car entertainment and information systems.
    This isn�t a new topic, obviously. Last October I had a conversation with a hard working Bay Street analyst who told me he�d been talking to plenty of car manufacturers and many of them were looking at Android, not QNX.* We�ve also seen Apple working on in-car iOS deals with a huge list of car makers.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    12-31-13 01:10 PM
    (my opinion)

I think QNX in cars is like BBOS all over again. It's been doing what it's been doing for years without anyone else really stepping on its toes.

It was great when no one else was in the game, but Apple and Google have been cooking something in kitchen which potentially brings some actual innovation to the auto mobile industry which will shake up QNXs position (like iOS/Android did to BBOS resulting in BB10).
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-31-13 01:20 PM
    And it's highly likely that the front end of Google's Android in-vehicle ... a long-standing partnership on QNX as a way to connect iOS to in-car systems. .... I wouldn't worry about QNX or Blackberry. PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
    11-21-14 10:46 PM