09-08-15 01:12 PM
    Has anybody else noticed that the latest OSupgrade also adds a new app - amazon? And that this app comes with all kinds of ridiculous permissions (shared files, control over microphone, camera, etc) of which, when installing it claims that it can be changed? But you can't - in the settingsscreen all permissions for this app are greyed out. Is there a way, except deleting the app (for which i never asked in the first place) to reset permissions?
    09-08-15 02:43 PM
    Just saw that now, very annoying.
    09-08-15 05:44 PM
    Has anybody else noticed that the latest OSupgrade also adds a new app - amazon? And that this app comes with all kinds of ridiculous permissions (shared files, control over microphone, camera, etc) of which, when installing it claims that it can be changed? But you can't - in the settingsscreen all permissions for this app are greyed out. Is there a way, except deleting the app (for which i never asked in the first place) to reset permissions?
    It's been there since the first official release of 10.3.2.
    You should search for the app in the device monitor and clear it's data. I guess that would reset the permissions. Deleting it isn't gonna do anything, as it is hard coded into the OS and the next time you reboot your device, it'll just be there again.

I guess we should be glad that they kept the old amazon app and didn't replace it with the new Amazon Underground one.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 07:20 PM
    It's been there since the first official release of 10.3.2.
    You should search for the app in the device monitor and clear it's data. I guess that would reset the permissions. Deleting it isn't gonna do anything, as it is hard coded into the OS and the next time you reboot your device, it'll just be there again.

I guess we should be glad that they kept the old amazon app and didn't replace it with the new Amazon Underground one.

Posted via CB10
    Sniffs out your data in the Underground of your OS.... ;-)

�   Qchen, new keyboard, new leak, new life... :-)   �
    09-08-15 10:56 PM
    I think the strategy is clear now - BB is sticking with the enterprise and selling out the rest to amazon. Not necessarily a bad choice, but I would have appreciated some transparancy.
    09-09-15 02:46 AM
    Had I have known this update came with Amazon underground embedded I would not have gone with it. This is the sort of intrusive crap I stay away from other brands for. Not happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:05 AM
    On VZW. Still haven't received any update. Is this update available in the U.S. yet?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 09:26 AM