BlackBerry has been ramping up their company messaging to let folks know there is way more to BlackBerry than just their handset business. Another prime example of 'fighting' that mindset has come from Marty Beard, BlackBerry's chief operating officer, in response to a recently published article on Huffington Post titled 'Don't Let Yourself (Or Your Kid) Be The Next BlackBerry'.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    vincentkong likes this.
    09-15-16 04:00 PM
    No. They don't know what they represent, they're just flailing around hoping to catch something that won't sink.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-16-16 12:40 PM
    Love Marty's response to the article. It is true that BlackBerry is not the same as some of us like to think it is as it had to evolve in order to survive. I have always felt that comparing BBRY with Apple and Samsung was a bit disingenuous because BBRY realistically cannot compete with those two. For starters, it doesn't have the resources to do so. Yes, at one time BBRY ruled the roost, but that changed and once it did there was no going back. As noted earlier, the company had to evolve and adapt or die. In other words, play the hand it was dealt or cash in the chips and go home. As long as BBRY is profitable, it's all good. The problem is when we start looking at the ailing handset division and think that is all there is to the company. Those days are over.
    Uzi likes this.
    09-16-16 02:22 PM
    I liked his response. So many things get left undefeated. I'm glad he did it!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 11:28 PM
    Go home marty.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    09-17-16 01:44 AM
    No. They don't know what they represent, they're just flailing around hoping to catch something that won't sink.
    This!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    09-17-16 01:45 AM
    Well, we'd still like to see more BlackBerry 10 devices from them anyway.
    09-17-16 05:42 PM
    I would like to see a new Bb10 device but I just don't see it selling unless they can find a way to make the IS more hybrid with Android. I hate to say app gap but for new customers, that's a huge deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 01:17 PM
    Well, we'd still like to see more BlackBerry 10 devices from them anyway.
    BB10 has very limited apps and consumers have spoken on that issue; they want apps so they reject BlackBerry. It really is that simple.
    09-23-16 09:57 PM
    Exactly!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 01:53 AM