In a new interview, BlackBerry CEO John Chen repeated his earlier statements about the company planning to launch two new two mid-range Android phones later in 2016. He also said that the high price of their first Android phone, the BlackBerry Priv, might have hurt its sales.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    04-08-16 12:12 PM
    Chen, let's just go ahead and drop the price to $450 for the Priv and call it a day. You'll move the rest of the inventory out over night and be on to the next project. Go ahead and put me down for one when the price drops..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    04-08-16 05:17 PM
    Chen, let's just go ahead and drop the price to $450 for the Priv and call it a day. You'll move the rest of the inventory out over night and be on to the next project. Go ahead and put me down for one when the price drops..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    You can bet that's even lower than their cost. Youre out of your mind, it's a top spec device (4k dual curve screen alone is a killer)
    04-08-16 06:23 PM
    You can bet that's even lower than their cost. Youre out of your mind, it's a top spec device (4k dual curve screen alone is a killer)
    All those specs don't mean a thing when the phone isn't selling the way it's supposed too and the fact Chen just admitted it was priced too high. And ur the one out of ur mind to think that phone costs more than $450 to make! Think about the foreign phone companies making phones with the equivalent specs or better for a cheaper price..thats the bottom line and the reality. And even if it did cost almost 400 to make, it's obvious whatever the feature is that drove up that cost no one cares about. It's going to be a loss for them regardless..im just saying they might as well TRY to break even and move on to the next.

valtter likes this.
    04-08-16 07:39 PM
    Sucks to hear this, but it's nothing new or surprising. At least my OS10 powered Q10 still works.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-08-16 07:46 PM
    Very Shocked... I still don't believe he launches two devices this year.
    valtter and Maxxxpower like this.
    04-08-16 11:22 PM
    It will be really interesting to see what these look like. They should do better in the market than the Priv.
    04-10-16 09:21 PM
    It will be really interesting to see what these look like. They should do better in the market than the Priv.
    Good luck,heard that storey before.
    Q10Bold and Maxxxpower like this.
    04-10-16 11:02 PM
    hopefully blackberry makes it through
    04-11-16 02:23 AM
    2 more devices? Before or after September?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-11-16 02:40 AM
    Good luck,heard that storey before.
    +1

04-11-16 09:03 AM
    Anybody with stocks should dump right about now! Should have dumped last week really..

04-11-16 09:05 AM
    Hehe...yeahh...sure.
    And on September the HW game is over!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:13 AM