Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Adolfsson View Post
    I am still unable to reproduce this issue. Does it happen consistently on threads longer than two pages? It does seem related to the "Pull to go to next page" code.
    It happens to me, and it isn't always 2 page, sometimes it goes 2/1,3/1,...if I leave the thread, and come back it continues. The solution is an app restart. I can't find a way to reproduce, it just occurs from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Having an issue with CB10.1 loading. It seems to take forever when loading boards. It just shows the loading circle, which seems to take an exorbitantly long time to bring anything up. Sometimes it doesn't load anything...just keeps displaying the loading symbol. This is while I'm connected to my wireless network so it's not a internet connection issue.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Got the loading issue somewhat resolved...I rebooted my Z10 and reopened CB10. Seems to load within a second or two now. Small glitch but I'll let you know if its a recurring issue.
    I've noticed a number of times that when the unit is charging, the ability to reply to forum posts is gone. I noticed this today...when my Z10 was on a charge, the button for replying to posts was not just grayed out...it wasn't even there. I've replicated this issue a number of times now so I know its legit.
    CrackBerry Addict

It would be good to have an option to go to the top of the page via a button or something like that as when wanting to go to previous pages to read through threads, there's a lot of scrolling to do.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sauron View Post
    It would be good to have an option to go to the top of the page via a button or something like that as when wanting to go to previous pages to read through threads, there's a lot of scrolling to do.

Posted via CB10
    I would like that option in a lot of apps especially the browser. I miss the T and B shortcuts :-(

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sauron View Post

Posted via CB10
    I think to add the option to tap on the orange banner at the top to ie do a rely jump you to the top would be great.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    Elite1 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,376 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Lightbulb Opening profile to populate My Threads, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeraz_aa View Post
    Happens to me every time I close the crackberry app, have to log in every time i open up the app.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, figured a mildly easier solution this weekend.

Logging out is not necessary. Swipe down from top and select your profile. It will take 1-10 seconds to load. Then just back out.
    Whatever page you were previously on, refresh it or back out and re-open.

Basically, logging out/in isn't necessary. Simply opening your profile will suffice.

@Marcus: not sure if this might help you track down the source of this issue.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Actually, figured a mildly easier solution this weekend.

Logging out is not necessary. Swipe down from top and select your profile. It will take 1-10 seconds to load. Then just back out.
    Whatever page you were previously on, refresh it or back out and re-open.

Basically, logging out/in isn't necessary. Simply opening your profile will suffice.

@Marcus: not sure if this might help you track down the source of this issue.
    That works for me. Thanks, it was getting really annoying

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I've also had the issue of the pages counting up on their own. Regularly I will swipe up at the bottom to go to the next page and the app will start counting up pages. Also it tries to show pages that are not there, if a thread has 2 pages it will count page 3,4,5 etc.
    Have also had the log on issue, of not being able to post, without touching account in the drop down menu. (now know the solution to this though. )

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

Been using this for a while now and while I have a couple of suggestions, I have to say this app overall is really well done -excellent job!

Suggestions:
    Pull for next page gets irritating when I'm scrolling quickly to the bottom - I accidentally use it far more often than intentionally. Perhaps make it into a button that can be pressed?

Pull down to refresh in a forum thread is awkward. It is consistent with the other pull-to-refresh usage, but it doesn't flow as smoothly. This is because the new posts appear at the bottom -so you have to scroll to the top pull to refresh, then scroll to the bottom. Too, it's inconsistent with pull for next page: at the top a pull refreshes but at the bottom it changes pages. Perhaps disable this in forum posts? Or alternatively make the refresh "Pull Up" from the bottom?

Note that everywhere else pull to refresh makes perfect sense -because the new content appears at the top, where you pull.

And again, even with those in mind -this is still a really well made app. I hope you plan to apply for b4bb -it should qualify easily. Thanks for bringing it to us!
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    Thanked by:
    LadyOfTheLAN (03-03-2013) 
    Elite1 and LadyOfTheLAN like this.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

Quote Originally Posted by meganVee View Post
    I think to add the option to tap on the orange banner at the top to ie do a rely jump you to the top would be great.!!
    Thanks for the suggestion. In v1.2 I have added the ability to doubletap the orange header to scroll to the top.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Elite1 likes this.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #62  

Quote Originally Posted by jbar1 View Post
    It would be nice to be able to erase threads I'm not following anymore
    Subscribe and Unsubcribe coming in v1.2
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Elite1 likes this.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #63  

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    I'm still having problem mentioned by a couple of people, actually happens in this thread where it jumps around the pages, before you can read the last comments on page 2 it jumps to page 3 which is blank, then tries to go to 4/2, 5/2 etc. pulling down to get page selector it appears for a moment but am unable to select before it disappears..
    I think I got this solved in v1.2. Still not been able to reproduce it but added some logic to prevent the page skipping.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #64  

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Paradise View Post
    Pull for next page gets irritating when I'm scrolling quickly to the bottom - I accidentally use it far more often than intentionally. Perhaps make it into a button that can be pressed?
    I like how clean it is without having a button, but will consider it. Maybe a longer Pull up area?

Pull down to refresh in a forum thread is awkward. It is consistent with the other pull-to-refresh usage, but it doesn't flow as smoothly. This is because the new posts appear at the bottom -so you have to scroll to the top pull to refresh, then scroll to the bottom. Too, it's inconsistent with pull for next page: at the top a pull refreshes but at the bottom it changes pages. Perhaps disable this in forum posts? Or alternatively make the refresh "Pull Up" from the bottom?
    Good points, will give it some thought.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

On CB10 1.1, this post doesn't display quote formatting:

Nightmare Z10 so far - not impressed

I double-checked the formatting tags, and everything seems to be in order; and it displays correctly in both the desktop and bb10 browser.

I've seen quotes displaying correctly in CB10, but for some reason this one isn't.
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,127 Global Posts

I have to keep closing the app as it doesnt seem to realise I am logged in so doesnt show me my threads. It also seems to take a long time sometimes to load forum pages, it seems to be getting worse over the last few days. I have rebooted and re-installed but still no better. Please fix this as this was my favourite app. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    I have to keep closing the app as it doesnt seem to realise I am logged in so doesnt show me my threads. It also seems to take a long time sometimes to load forum pages, it seems to be getting worse over the last few days. I have rebooted and re-installed but still no better. Please fix this as this was my favourite app. Thanks.
    I have similar issue. I have to open the app twice. It won't show me new threads or my threads on the first open. I have to open, close then reopen. Then I will see my threads and unread threads. Little annoying
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #68  

The login issues should be solved in v1.2, hitting BlackBerry World in the next 72 hours

Posted via CB10
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    Marc_Paradise (03-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I continually have to log in. It didn't do that in the first version. Getting frustrating

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    13,376 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by BigFelter View Post
    I continually have to log in. It didn't do that in the first version. Getting frustrating
    Not that it's much better, but you don't have to go so far as logging in.
    Swipe down from top and select Accounts. Wait for that screen to populate, then hit Cancel. Just opening up your log-in seems to be enough with v1.1.

Anyway, hopefully this is all moot when the next version lands anytime now!

How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Z30

Global Posts
    13,376 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

On CB10 1.1, this post doesn't display quote formatting:

Nightmare Z10 so far - not impressed

I double-checked the formatting tags, and everything seems to be in order; and it displays correctly in both the desktop and bb10 browser.

I've seen quotes displaying correctly in CB10, but for some reason this one isn't.
    @Marcus:
    I've noticed there is often problems rendering (or parsing?) BB Code and just general vBulletin formatting in the app.
    For example, below is my post from a thread I started last week, when viewed via CB10:

Here is the link to thread to view from PC, regular browser, etc:
    BeWeather 10 (FREE VERSION!) now in BlackBerry World

Might be a coincidence, but I've noticed this in particular with the 1st post in several threads.

Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigFelter View Post

Posted via CB10
    Same for me always having to go log in

Posted via CB10
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #73  

Closing this thread now that 1.2 is about to be released.

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...racker-778954/
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123