Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Oh, and the GB Pound symbol doesn't show when posted from the app. When posted from elsewhere, it does show but has a strange character before it.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Thanks for the updates.

I'm still having problem mentioned by a couple of people, actually happens in this thread where it jumps around the pages, before you can read the last comments on page 2 it jumps to page 3 which is blank, then tries to go to 4/2, 5/2 etc. pulling down to get page selector it appears for a moment but am unable to select before it disappears. However now the Prev Page selector using three dots is working so I am able to get back to page 1, but then it does the jumping to page 2 etc rather than scrolling properly and letting me read.

In the three dots selection, nice to have would be first page and last page.

We can share via just about everything, and there is an open on browser on the phone which is great, but there is no open on bridged PlayBook / share on Bridged PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm having the same issue in the forums where just scrolling the page triggers this next page bug and I can't pull down to select a page to go to because it disappears right away. I couldn't even scroll down very far either before I see the circle on the screen and it's jumping to the next page. It just kept going up and up well beyond how many pages were actually in the forum post. And the only way I could fix it was to close the app and go back into it.

Besides that bug I'm loving the app and can't wait for more updates, I am especially loving the active frame support. I wish more developers would put in the time and effort and not just port over an android port and call it a day. Thanks for making such a great app.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

I too am having the bug where My Threads and Unread Threads appear empty. If I go to accounts and log out then log back in My Threads and Unread Threads are full of posts

Posted via CB10
    7100t -> 7230 -> 7290 -> 8700r -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 8520 -> 9800 -> 9810 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Nexus 4 (sigh)
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ubermanx View Post
    I too am having the bug where My Threads and Unread Threads appear empty. If I go to accounts and log out then log back in My Threads and Unread Threads are full of posts

Posted via CB10
    This is happening for me as well, didn't have any problems in the previous version, I have to close the app and then re open it to get the new threads.

Posted via CB10
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

Quote Originally Posted by ubermanx View Post

Posted via CB10
    Does it work after login in again consistently?

Posted via CB10
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    andyj1967 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I deleted and reinstalled CB app and now the issue where I had to touch (save) my account every time before my threads would work is solved.

After reinstall my threads and unread threads immediately work.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

Any attempt to load data -- pull to refresh, next forum page, etc - causes a crash if there is no network available. I think you can verify this by loading a forum topic, disconnecting network, the pull to refresh.

I'm encountering it often because I'm having wifi issues in my house and my connection drops frequently.
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.

Global Posts
    13,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Paradise View Post
    Any attempt to load data -- pull to refresh, next forum page, etc - causes a crash if there is no network available. I think you can verify this by loading a forum topic, disconnecting network, the pull to refresh.

I'm encountering it often because I'm having wifi issues in my house and my connection drops frequently.
    I've had this too if I had the app open and head out to walk the dog. The handover from Wi-Fi to network seems to break it instead of just simply failing or continuing to re-try.

Now being fair, I'm not sure if this issue is exclusive to this app or not. I just have this app open a large chunk of the time, so might just be a coincidence. I suspect the OS is responsible.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    • How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button

Global Posts
    13,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Oh, and the GB Pound symbol doesn't show when posted from the app. When posted from elsewhere, it does show but has a strange character before it.
    Today I included an up arrow (from Fancy Characters app) in a post. It showed fine in the text field, but once posted the up arrows appeared as question marks.

• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

I should also mention that it doesn't crash immediately. There's a delay of several seconds after the event during which nothing seems to be happening.
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    CrackBerry User

How do i turn off the updating BBM status from the CB10 app? I left it checked during install but would like it to stop updating my BBM status...

Global Posts
    13,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by jsmall999 View Post
    How do i turn off the updating BBM status from the CB10 app? I left it checked during install but would like it to stop updating my BBM status...
    Open your Settings app, select Privacy and Security.
    The top item there should be Application Permissions. You'll find an entry there for CB10 where you can toggle off the BBM connection.

Posted via CB10

Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drcrane View Post
    I deleted and reinstalled CB app and now the issue where I had to touch (save) my account every time before my threads would work is solved.

After reinstall my threads and unread threads immediately work.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm this. The CB10.1 wasnt loading my account properly at first. I lived with it for about 3 days before re-installing and immediately fixed it.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

1) Would it be possible to reduce the number in the thread reply bubbles by one? A new thread with no replies is showing 1 in the bubble, and being old school it looks to me like someone has already replied to it.
    Right currently the bubble represents the total number of posts. Does everyone agree that showing 0 if no replies is a better approach?

2) Would it also be possible to include the thread author's name under the title, next to the time it was posted? It's always nice to see who started the thread at a glance, especially if the thread is several pages long.
    I can do it on the normal forums view (ie when browsing the forums), but on the Unread/My Threads view here isn't enough space.

3) Editing a post (before or after it's been posted) is very difficult. When you click anywhere to bring up the magnifying circle, it is almost impossible to move it left or right to exactly where you want it. As you start to move it right it swipes out of the pane you're currently in, or left swipes in a sub-menu. Don't know if there's anything that can be done about this?
    I can block the peek gesture on the posting page.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Paradise View Post
    I can reproduce this and will fix in 1.2. Thanks for the report!
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry User

It would be nice to be able to erase threads I'm not following anymore

Posted via CB10
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    I'm still having problem mentioned by a couple of people, actually happens in this thread where it jumps around the pages, before you can read the last comments on page 2 it jumps to page 3 which is blank, then tries to go to 4/2, 5/2 etc. pulling down to get page selector it appears for a moment but am unable to select before it disappears. However now the Prev Page selector using three dots is working so I am able to get back to page 1, but then it does the jumping to page 2 etc rather than scrolling properly and letting me read.
    I am still unable to reproduce this issue. Does it happen consistently on threads longer than two pages? It does seem related to the "Pull to go to next page" code.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry User

I also had the same issue but after the latest update it went away

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am also having the issue where My Threads is empty, I am also unable to comment on anything but I am logged in. It only started to happen today. I will try logging out and logging in again to see if it resolved the issue.

So I logged out and back in again and My Threads are showing up again. I am also about to Replys again.

Are we supposed to be able to comment on articles from the app? If so I have not been able to do that at all.
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  

Quote Originally Posted by meganVee View Post
    Are we supposed to be able to comment on articles from the app? If so I have not been able to do that at all.
    Not yet, it is coming in v1.2 next week.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds awesome!

I just had to log out and in again to get my threads to return.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by meganVee View Post
    Sounds awesome!

I just had to log out and in again to get my threads to return.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    Happens to me every time I close the crackberry app, have to log in every time i open up the app.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I've just seen the empty My Threads and not able to post issue. Logged out and back in again and it's working again. Closed the app and everything was ok when I opened it again.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

LOL...reading this on Crackberry.com and checked BlackBerry World for the update. As I did, I got a hub notification that an update for CB10 was now available.
    Nice timing.
    "My Z10 doesn't need apps to be awesome...my Z10 was awesome right out of the box"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast