Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Adolfsson View Post
    Can you delete the app and redownload, and report back here. I think it is a cookie database corruption issue.

Posted via CB10
    Reinstalled this morning. So far no issues...

Posted via CB10
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    15,473 Global Posts

Since deleting and reinstalling, the app crashes everytime I click on 'my threads' - if it continues I'm permanently uninstalling.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Originally, my CB would check for everything new, forums included for my threads. Now, it tells me about new articles when I open it, but I have to go into forums/my threads for it to let me know there are new posts. There seems to be issues in general with this aspect of the app...

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    15,473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KidCaboose View Post
    Originally, my CB would check for everything new, forums included for my threads. Now, it tells me about new articles when I open it, but I have to go into forums/my threads for it to let me know there are new posts. There seems to be issues in general with this aspect of the app...

Posted via CB10
    At least you're getting some updates...

Posted via CB10
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #155  

Posted via CB10
    Check under settings, if you have notifications enabled for the forums. I think the default is now Off.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #156  

Quote Originally Posted by CJH_ View Post
    Since deleting and reinstalling, the app crashes everytime I click on 'my threads' - if it continues I'm permanently uninstalling.

Posted via CB10
    Hm first report I have heard on that. It is likely the app is getting a malformed response from the server. v1.2 will likely go out on Friday and has better error logic.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    15,473 Global Posts

Hm first report I have heard on that. It is likely the app is getting a malformed response from the server. v1.2 will likely go out on Friday and has better error logic.
    Thanks Marcus. I don't want to delete CB10 as it's the best app on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #158  

Quote Originally Posted by black hole View Post
    But...why why WHY is there no landscape mode?
    That plan is to add Landscape mode in the same version that adds Q10 support, as we need to extend the codebase then to handle multiple resolutions.
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Master

Love the app but having a bit of trouble logging in.
    I saw in another post Kevin had suggested trying to login via the device browser on the mobile site, that didnt work for me either, the only place I seem to be able to login is from my pc.
    I checked more then once, so I am pretty sure Im trying the correct u/p, my data is all in order (or seems to be) get messages and browse and all.
    Im not getting any error messages, but absolutely nothing is happening, once I press submit/login, the button changes to say "Please Wait..." and then thats it, Ive waited and left the app for ages and still no joy.
    Any ideas?
    Z10
    Model No: STL100-1
    Software Release: 10.0.9.348
    OS Version: 10.0.9.2372
    Build ID: 415323
    Radio Version: 10.0.9.2373
    8300 >> 8520 >> 9900 >> Z10 >> Z30
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Genius

I found out if I can't post to a thread just pull down the setting menu from the top within the CB app then click accounts until your profile shows up. The click cancel when it loads and go back to the forum and you will have the ability to reply now. Would be better if I could stay logged in though.

CB10- z10
    BlackBerry Z30 - BBM Channel PIN : C0006E212 - Everything - BlackBerry | Sports | Technology
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by R Field View Post
    I found out if I can't post to a thread just pull down the setting menu from the top within the CB app then click accounts until your profile shows up. The click cancel when it loads and go back to the forum and you will have the ability to reply now. Would be better if I could stay logged in though.

CB10- z10
    I haven't been able to login once though. I cant ever post because you need to be logged in to post.
    My device hasnt logged in to the crackberry site at all.
    If I open accounts from there it takes me to the login screen and wants to put in my u/p, doesnt show up with my profile.
    Would really love to get this working
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 03-03-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by MiSsY_ View Post
    I haven't been able to login once though. I cant ever post because you need to be logged to in to post.
    My device hasnt logged in to the crackberry site at all.
    If I open accounts from there it takes me to the login screen and wants to put in my u/p, dont show up with my profile
    Have you tried with different connections? Wi-fi enabled/disabled, LTE/3G? My wi-fi occasionally seems to have the app problems, especially with the login.

Uninstalling and reinstalling helped a lot, along with a device reset.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Have you tried with different connections? Wi-fi enabled/disabled, LTE/3G? My wi-fi occasionally seems to have the app problems, especially with the login.

Uninstalling and reinstalling helped a lot, along with a device reset.

Posted via CB10
    I havent tried wi-fi, but Ill give that a bash in the morning when Im near to the router and see then. Just find it a bit odd that I cant log in from the mobile browser or the app.
    Im on HSPA/3G, unfortunately not an device LTE device, because our carriers are useless, but thats a different story.
    I could try uninstalling and then reinstalling, but like I said before its odd that I cant log in from the browser either, which makes me think it wont really help. Its definitely worth a shot though.
    Thanks for the tips
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

I havent tried wi-fi, but Ill give that a bash in the morning when Im near to the router and see then. Just find it a bit odd that I cant log in from the mobile browser or the app.
    Im on HSPA/3G, unfortunately not an device LTE device, because our carriers are useless, but thats a different story.
    I could try uninstalling and then reinstalling, but like I said before its odd that I cant log in from the browser either, which makes me think it wont really help. Its definitely worth a shot though.
    Thanks for the tips
    Missed the mobile browser part. That IS odd. Can you log into anything through your mobile? I'm assuming you can, and this is something going wrong with the Crackberry authentication... which uses that passport login thing.

Do you log in with a Crackberry account, or through one of the social media options, like Facebook, or with a Microsoft account?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Missed the mobile browser part. That IS odd. Can you log into anything through your mobile? I'm assuming you can, and this is something going wrong with the Crackberry authentication... which uses that passport login thing.

Do you log in with a Crackberry account, or through one of the social media options, like Facebook, or with a Microsoft account?

Posted via CB10
    No worries.
    Yup I've been able to login in on a bunch of other sites. I saw Kevin had commented on one of the posts for CB10 that if you can log in via browser it should work via app, so I figured I'd ask here.
    Yup its a Crackberry account, not social media or any other such.
    I dont know how or if it could be related at all, but the e-mail address associated with CB account isnt associated with my device at all, but I know log in is only via username, so I doubt that is even relevant. I really I have no idea, apart from trying it over the wi-fi connection in the morning like you suggested
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Master

One thing I did actually notice, when I first installed the app and tried to log in, I hadn't noticed that I was accidentally on the signup screen, because I didn't scroll down enough, when I entered my user name it said that _ was an invalid character.
    I obviously realised my mistake before going further, switched to the login screen and when I enter my username there box does turn green both in app and on the browser. Not sure if that makes an difference either
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

One thing I did actually notice, when I first installed the app and tried to log in, I hadn't noticed that I was accidentally on the signup screen, because I didn't scroll down enough, when I entered my user name it said that _ was an invalid character.
    I obviously realised my mistake before going further, switched to the login screen and when I enter my username there box does turn green both in app and on the browser. Not sure if that makes an difference either
    Maybe make sure all your CB app permissions are go, and make sur in your network connections that your mobile network that your data services are on. It sounds like an issue with the Mobile Nations Passport, in the end though.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Maybe make sure all your CB app permissions are go, and make sur in your network connections that your mobile network that your data services are on. It sounds like an issue with the Mobile Nations Passport, in the end though.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely checked that everything is enabled and allowed.
    The only thing is that BBM is not connected, but I never connect my apps to BBM, so I hope thats not the issue.
    Gonna keep on trying until I get this sorted out, or hopefully someone from the CB team will be able to help me out.
    Thanks for all the help
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Master

I have absolutely no idea how or why but, it had managed to suddenly log in with the browser. At least that's looking promising. Been trying this for days now.
    Will just have to just keep trying with the app
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

I have absolutely no idea how or why but, it had managed to suddenly log in with the browser. At least that's looking promising. Been trying this for days now.
    Will just have to just keep trying with the app
    Woot!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Woot!

Posted via CB10
    Nope seems I spoke to soon
    I havent been able to login on my device since that once last night, couldnt do it with the app all day.
    Have un-installed re-installed, re-booted the whole thing and still no dice, only seems to be ok on the pc.
    Why is it hating me? Or what am I doing wrong?
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    Administrator

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #172  

I havent been able to login on my device since that once last night, couldnt do it with the app all day.
    Have un-installed re-installed, re-booted the whole thing and still no dice, only seems to be ok on the pc.
    It may be the underscore, I have flagged this to our tech team.

Posted via CB10
    CB10 Lead App Developer
    CEO, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Alright. Works on PC, but not on the mobile site or app. It rejected your underscore character when accidentally trying to make a new account. Email isn't associated with device. Your username is recognized (by going green) on the mobile site and in app, but it seems to hang (tested this, your name should go green so long as it's acceptable, rather than if it's recognized. Multiple spellings of my username went green with acceptable characters). You have no problems logging into any other accounts on your phone.

The problem seems to gravitate around your mobile device and Mobile Nations Passport.

Maybe you should try these to eliminate possibilities (test your mobile after each step):
    -Log in on your PC, click the little cog next to your username at the top, click your account, scroll to the bottom where you see all the Mobile Nations logos, and click the Android Central logo to link your account to it. You'll need to log in again from their site, click that you don't have an account, then click to link your account to this site. (this I found as a solution to someone else having a similar problem with Mobile Nations)
    -Change your email in CB to match the one you have associated to the device.
    -Remove the underscore from your name (not sure if you can even change your username)

*fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 03-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

It may be the underscore, I have flagged this to our tech team.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
    CrackBerry Master

Alright. Works on PC, but not on the mobile site or app. It rejected your underscore character when accidentally trying to make a new account. Email isn't associated with device. Your username is recognized (by going green) on the mobile site and in app, but it seems to hang (tested this, your name should go green so long as it's acceptable, rather than if it's recognized. Multiple spellings of my username went green with acceptable characters). You have no problems logging into any other accounts on your phone.

The problem seems to gravitate around your mobile device and Mobile Nations Passport.

Maybe you should try these to eliminate possibilities (test your mobile after each step):
    -Log in on your PC, click the little cog next to your username at the top, click your account, scroll to the bottom where you see all the Mobile Nations logos, and click the Android Central logo to link your account to it. You'll need to log in again from their site, click that you don't have an account, then click to link your account to this site. (this I found as a solution to someone else having a similar problem with Mobile Nations)
    -Change your email in CB to match the one you have associated to the device.
    -Remove the underscore from your name (not sure if you can even change your username)

*fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    Thanks KidCaboose, appreciate all the help so far, Ive tried everything else thats been suggested, so trying this couldnt hurt
    And if it works all the better for me!

Thankfully, after a ridiculous amount of complaining on my part to my useless carrier, I just got a notification for the new software update for the device. Can only get it through a wi-fi connection, so will have to be done in the morning. Failing any of the above working, Ill have to give it another try after the update and see if some little magical tweek from the little worker elves in my Z10 makes it work.
    Z10>Z30 Z30>Z10
    Playbook 32GB
    Believe
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast