So around 12/28 I sent this lady who was posting in the market place some money for her 9650. She said that she shipped it out a while ago and I have not received it yet and a few nights ago she sent me an email asking me while I didn't accept the phone and she got shipping confirmation on it and it says it was denied by me. Well she has my money through paypal and has not been responding to any of my emails since she last emailed me. Her user name is
    AprilArchambeau and I was wondering if any one knew of her on these forums and if there is any way to either get my money back or get in touch with her because I still really want the phone.

Oh and here is a link to her post in the market place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...harger-570998/
    01-09-11 05:13 PM
    Try contacting paypal through the resolution center, as they will escalate your dispute and she needs to show proof it was sent with shipping confirmation and if she says its was denied by you she needs proof of that. If she can't prove it you can possibly get your money back
    01-09-11 05:19 PM
    i would take this up down in the feedback section of the market. this is why that is there. You will also need to see proof it was shipped IMO
    01-09-11 05:22 PM
    It's good that you posted the information to the feedback forum. Hope you'll soon get a response from your seller.

I've done many online transactions over the years, and my gut feeling about this one, from the information you've presented, is that it's more likely a miscommunication than a scam. Your seller did the right thing by sending it with a delivery confirmation option, so that you'd have to sign for it. If you've paid hundreds of dollars for something, you sure don't want the package left on a front porch or in the hallway of an apartment building where anyone might pick it up.

Could be that if you weren't home when the delivery was attempted, the postal carrier made an error when entering the tracking information code into the system. You can track Priority Mail packages online, just like UPS, so maybe when she logged on to see where the package was at, she saw the message "delivery refused" instead of "delivery confirmed." So, of course she was wondering why you'd "refuse" delivery of something you wanted, and for which you'd already paid. It's even possible that there was an error made in addressing the package, and it was just undeliverable.

I saw from the detail you posted on the feedback forum that all of this has happened over just the past few days, so your seller may just have been busy over the weekend and not have had a chance to check and respond to your e-mails. Hopefully she will respond within the next day or two, you can check to be sure she has your correct address, and your phone will soon be on the way. As others have mentioned, you also have recourse through PayPal if things don't work out.
    01-09-11 09:36 PM
    Yeah, imo if someone sells here they're probably legit - 100 posts to sell something is a lot more work than using craigslist.
    01-09-11 10:23 PM
    I have peeps in Martinsburg WV .....
    01-10-11 07:50 AM
    Try contacting paypal through the resolution center, as they will escalate your dispute and she needs to show proof it was sent with shipping confirmation and if she says its was denied by you she needs proof of that. If she can't prove it you can possibly get your money back
    This is definetly the way to go. PAYPAL will take care of you if this is a scam. Do like this poster said and paypal will give your money back. Only way to pay is through paypal !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 10:35 AM
    Thank you all for the advice, I also don't feel like I am being scammed here I just feel like a mistake happened here or there and that she might be busy but it has been days since I've heard from here and just want the phone. I will be giving her another day or two and if nothing then I am going to try and get my money back.
    01-10-11 02:37 PM
    I have deleted the original listing (soft so it CAN be undeleted if necesary) so no one else can respond to it. The seller has not visited CB since posting it on 12/27. HOPEFULLY it's just a miscommunication, but to prevent any other trouble and also because the seller did not have pictures of her item, I have deleted her listing. (I wish I was not on vacation last week!!!!)
    01-10-11 03:35 PM
    Thank you very much pkcable. She did send me pictures of the phone before I gave her money but I'm sure that is useless to you.
    01-10-11 04:21 PM
    I have deleted the original listing (soft so it CAN be undeleted if necesary) so no one else can respond to it. The seller has not visited CB since posting it on 12/27. HOPEFULLY it's just a miscommunication, but to prevent any other trouble and also because the seller did not have pictures of her item, I have deleted her listing. (I wish I was not on vacation last week!!!!)
    Good lookin' out! The item isn't really "for sale" any more... somebody's already paid for it, so the transaction needs to be completed. The phone can't be re-sold to someone else without making things right with our OP.

Thanks for helping our prospective new BB Bold owner
    01-10-11 07:14 PM
    Hopefully it can be worked out with some emails, and some time. I BELIEVE April is legit. I did some googling, and she comes up as owning a business in West Virginia, so I don't think she would be a scammer. Keep trying to reach her Heart.
    hearture36 likes this.
    01-10-11 07:43 PM
    I also did some googling and found her business, I tried contacting her though the website for her business but the phone number on there doesn't work so I am not sure how up to date that all is. But I really appreciated you taking your time to look into this for me. I really just want to come back to blackberry... I HATE my EVO
    01-11-11 03:20 AM
    Just thought I would let everyone know. I received my blackberry from April this last saturday. I have it up and running with OS6 on it and its awesome so far! Very happy to be back on the BB band wagon!
    01-19-11 01:12 AM
    01-19-11 04:25 AM
    Just thought I would let everyone know. I received my blackberry from April this last saturday. I have it up and running with OS6 on it and its awesome so far! Very happy to be back on the BB band wagon!
    Excellent!!!!! Please leave her positive, or neutral feedback, so folks know the outcome. In another thread.

EDIT: You can use the "concerning" thread and I will edit the title to positive, neutral or negative.
    01-19-11 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD