I purchased a Z10 from a Crackberry member and I asked if anything was wrong with the Z10 in
    which he replied just a small scuff on the inside battery cover, which I never did see. The real issue
    was that the sim tray was defective and would not recognize any sim card. I had taken it into a few
    repairs shops to have it tested. I originally took it to Telus (it was a telus phone) and they wanted
    me to send it in with $150 to have it looked at. I obviously refused. I emailed CB member Robkd
    several times over a 48 hour period explaining what was going on as well as updates. When I
    finally got the disappointing diagnosis, I asked for a refund. Again, my email were ignored. I then
    remembered that my payment was done thru paypal. I went to their site and found that the item
    did not have to be purchased on ebay in order to be covered. I immediately started a claim dispute
    and within 10 minutes, I received an email from Rob. The only reason that I did not give Rob
    negative feedback is because he said I could keep 2 holsters for my trouble. I cannot prove that
    Rob knew that the sim tray was defective and I will give him the benefit of the doubt
    . The real reason I am posting this feedback is so that every member that reads this will know to be aware of Z10's
    are out there with defective sim trays and to be very careful when purchasing a used one. Along the
    way while investigating why it wasnt working, I was hearing it is a common problem with quite a
    few Z10's out there. This phone just happened to be out of warranty by a month.I would strongly
    suggest that if you are buying a used Z10, try the sim card immediately! Paypal finally released
    my funds today after proof of my return shipment was delivered (at my cost). At first I thought
    I would have to pay for a unlock code but I was lucky I brought it into a repair shop that was
    experienced and honest. I just wish my money wasnt tied up for the past few weeks as I missed
    out on a couple of really good deals. One of them was a Z30! I hope this message helps at
    least one person

thanks
    03-14-14 07:34 PM
    Thanks for the feedback and the warning for other potential buyers, and glad you were able to get it resolved even though it created a headache for you.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-14-14 11:07 PM