What do you mean bro ? i won't get my money back on paypal ?
    PayPal only refunds you if the money is in the other person's account.
    When you file the dispute, they freeze those funds and halt the transfer if it is taking place.

However, if he has already successfully transferred the funds from his PayPal account balance to his bank account, you're out of luck.

PayPal won't go into the bank account he placed the funds into.
    Best would to speak with your credit card company you made the payment with (if you did so), and see if you can get a charge-back.
    11-04-09 02:11 PM
    @Matt_25 wouldnt the buyer have paid the money, the seller receives the money and has to mark it shipped. If they fail to do that, I dont think the seller can xfer the money out of the acct, and it take 3 days to clear at a bank anyways.

To everyone involved, attempt to file a paypal dispute.
    11-04-09 03:38 PM
    @Matt_25 wouldnt the buyer have paid the money, the seller receives the money and has to mark it shipped. If they fail to do that, I dont think the seller can xfer the money out of the acct, and it take 3 days to clear at a bank anyways.

To everyone involved, attempt to file a paypal dispute.
    You can mark it as shipped without actually shipping it. I don't see what you're saying. Well, it must have been over 3 days, because if you file a dispute they freeze the funds and transfers.

Btw, everything before the comma in your first fragment is a complete mess, I don't understand what you're saying. Help me out here, thanks.
    11-04-09 04:10 PM
    What i was saying is that the seller has to provide a tracking number through paypal for the dispute that shows the package as delivered to the buyers residence. You cant just get money in pay pal, unless its a "gift" and transfer it to your account. It takes a few days to clear, hence my recommendation to file it NOW.
    11-04-09 06:12 PM
    What i was saying is that the seller has to provide a tracking number through paypal for the dispute that shows the package as delivered to the buyers residence. You cant just get money in pay pal, unless its a "gift" and transfer it to your account. It takes a few days to clear, hence my recommendation to file it NOW.
    The seller has to provide a tracking number to defend themselves in a claim.
    This has noting to do with the sellers' defence in a claim though...
    11-04-09 10:23 PM
    What do you mean bro ? i won't get my money back on paypal ?
    This is what you do:

If you paid Via Credit Card on PAYPAL.. Call the Company and explain the situation to them and Ask for a refund of the money. PROVIDE ALL FACTS

If you paid Via your Bank Account on Paypal.. File a claim with the Transaction Number and Escalate the Deal and Get PAYPAL involved asap.. These are huge amounts.. Again Dont hide any information.. such as name/Location and address of the seller..

Goodluck
    11-04-09 11:42 PM
    wow, THATS why he never responded to me about him shipping first (i have more feedback, but on a different forum) he said he was cool with it, but then i texted him the next day(the day he said he was gonna ship) and he hasn't replied since.
    11-05-09 12:29 AM
    my account on paypal linked to the credit card and paid via credit card , who should I talk to ?

I filed a dispute after 1 day of the payment

i didnt actually send the money , he sent a request or something like that from paypal then accepted the payment

mapimages : his email was [email protected] , is that the email he was contacting you from ? if yes please give me his phone number. i'll give it to paypal

my paypal account is a business account , does that make a diff ?

wanted to start a small business.

Thanks all for your replies and help.
    11-05-09 02:41 AM
    I asked a friend of mine, who's been selling on eBay for last 4-5 years, about PayPal and this is what he told me...

As soon as you get funds in your PayPal account, you can transfer it to your bank account. You do not need to provide PayPal with a tracking number for the funds to clear. Funds usually clear within 3 business days. If a buyer files a dispute and escalates it to a claim, then PayPal will withhold funds from the seller's account regardless of whether the seller has funds in his PayPal account or not. For example, if the seller has a zero PayPal balance, then this means that he will have a negative balance until a resolution is reached. PayPal will then ask the seller to provide proof that he upheld his end of the deal, namely by providing a tracking number. If PayPal determines that the seller is at fault, then the buyer will receive a full refund. However, all this will only be possible, if the transaction is protected by PayPal in the first place. My friend suggested that your best bet would be to call PayPal directly and your credit card company.

On a side note, I am sooo glad I did not purchase the iPhone 3Gs from this scammer. I was literally minutes from sending my PayPal payment to this guy (I just logged into my PayPal account) when I saw the OP's comment on lavinci's thread for the iPhone 3GS. I could have easily been his 3rd victim. Once again, I'd like to thank the the OP for this informative thread. I'm sorry about what happened to the other buyers. I really hope you guys get your money back.
    11-05-09 03:22 AM
    Thanks eekflapfire for your reply and help.

What can the creditcard company (bank) can do ? wouldnt they just tell me that it was my problem ? i'll call them today and check.

i emailed paypal today , i'll wait for their reply. filed a dispute but they can't escalates it to a claim before 20 days of the filed dispute
    11-05-09 04:54 AM
    Blackberry Bold 9000 NEW for at&t

Here is your bold again. Same pic as the other one he took down.
    11-05-09 10:55 AM
    How do you know that is him?
    11-05-09 11:00 AM

What can the creditcard company (bank) can do ? wouldnt they just tell me that it was my problem ? i'll call them today and check.

i emailed paypal today , i'll wait for their reply. filed a dispute but they can't escalates it to a claim before 20 days of the filed dispute
    Ask the CC company for a CHARGEBACK.. tell them you have been Scammed of your money
    11-05-09 12:53 PM
    anyone in the boston area that can meet up w/ this creep? call the cops, and have them go to.
    11-05-09 02:21 PM

Request a chargeback from your credit card company or bank. Explain that you're a victim of fraud.

As for PayPal, I think your case will be handled faster if you call them directly. PayPal might take a while to reply to emails and this is a matter you want resolve asap.
    11-05-09 03:24 PM
    anyone in the boston area that can meet up w/ this creep? call the cops, and have them go to.
    This might be a bad idea.. Get the cops involved if anything.
    11-05-09 11:36 PM
    Called the bank they said i have to go to the bank , so I'll go tomorrow

asked paypal they told me that's ok but i'll have to wait 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim

the problem is i can't call them because im from kuwait , but i think i'll buy Skype credits and call them

thanks all for your help

Why getting the cops involved is a bad idea ?

i think its a good idea , he wont stop stealing/scamming you know
    11-06-09 05:32 AM
    I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Hence the "take the cops" - yes, get the cops involved.
    11-07-09 05:44 PM
    You misread what I said.. In regards to amkls704 asking for anyone to MEET UP with the CREEP = THAT is a bad idea.

Getting the COPS involved = GOOD IDEA
    11-07-09 05:52 PM
    COPS = DO NOT GIVE A RATS ***! Just so ya know.
    11-09-09 09:45 AM
    Thank you All Knowing..Although I have a feeling you know better then most of us!!
    11-09-09 09:47 AM
    Wow this is crazy. Good luck getting your money back.
    11-09-09 08:05 PM
    I live in the Boston area and can tell you the police could care less about this stuff around here. There have been a few guys on the mustang forums that are huge scammers and 1 actually went to jail for it. There was a mass group effort to nail him on the charges. If you guys go to Web Page Re-director you can find info on it.
    11-18-09 01:53 PM
    Got a refund after the paypal dispute

not a full refund but ... at least i got my money back

paid 535 got 513
    12-05-09 10:17 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD