CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My phone is configured for BES access through work, what happens if I erase all?

Hi all,

I have a personal 9930, which has been added to my employers BES system.

If I were to go ahead and erase all information, say to install a new OS, or a hybrid, what becomes of the BES access?

When they configured the access for me they provided me with a 48 hour temp password, obviously that time has expired, would I be able to reconnect, or would I need to talk to my systems administrator?

Thanks much!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

You'll need to have them generate another pword when you are done upgrading. DM will backup and restore your device during the upgrade process but in my experience, it breaks the activation.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Thanked by:
    isoft7 (09-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Good to know, I will keep this in mind should I ever need to rebuild my OS.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default Re: My phone is configured for BES access through work, what happens if I erase all?

If you have Desktop Manager installed on your work computer connected to your corporate LAN you should be able to reactivate BES on your BB without involving your IT service desk. Just plug your BB in and the activation process should start. I've been able to do this at two different companies.