03-16-10 09:02 AM
- Hello to All,
Good to hav such forum to help a user like me...
I've just been provided with a BlackBerry 8700 by my Company. I m a resident of PAKISTAN & our service provider is Mobilink..
We hav our very own BES Server at our office premises..
After the brief intro, I need to know if I do mail from my handheld to another address on my domain, how long will take to reach there ?? & what is the proceedure, I mean, does my email first travel to my BES, then goes in my Exchange & then hit the SRP ??
I hope, I am making sense..
A detailed reply will be appreciated.
MAK05-23-07 06:31 AM
- Thanks Audit.
What if i m getting emails frm any private address (like Gmail) ? how long will it take ??
Actually Bro, I m also administratring it, So what I notice is that, whenevr I got an email in my outlook, almost 3-4 mins later (sometimes more than that) I got that email on my handheld. I'd tried a bit to figure it out but invain.
Do u hav any idea bout it ?
MAK05-23-07 07:53 AM
- kasperapdRetired Forums ModeratorWhat kind of email service are you using. Like Audit said, if you are on BES, it should be instant, regardless of how the email was sent. Now it make take a while for the originating emails server to send it out, but once it hits your server on BES it should be instant.05-23-07 10:16 AM
- Plus I would like to add a recent observation.
I got three mails at my handheld at the same time, first mail was already read by me at outlook before 40 mins, second mail was already read by me before 30 mins, but the third mail was instant.. that mail hit my handheld & outlook at the same time...
Where is the problem ??? Any Idea???
I do hav almost 60 users configured in my blackberry Enterpise Manager.05-25-07 12:56 AM
- anon(153966)DistinguishedI think we need to take a step back here...
If you're using a BES, the emails should be instant, period! No matter who / what domain the email is coming FROM. It that's not happening, then there is an issue on your BES / DNS / routing...
If you have a BIS account setup as well (through your service provider), and someone emails that address, again, it should be INSTANT, period!
If you have a personal pop3 account (like GMail), and it's setup in BIS, it's instant, period! IF it's a Yahoo paid subscription account, again, instant, period!
Lastly (otherwise I'll be here all day )
If an email comes from ANY domain to your BES account, it should be delivered instantly, period! - notice how I repeated this one? If this is not the case, you'll have to look at your BES and logs to see where the hang up is. Normally 99% of the time you'll get the email on your device BEFORE Outlook (or whatever client you're using) see's it...
Clear as mud? LOL05-25-07 07:13 AM
- Thnx to both Audit01 & Navilyn for your kind support .. by the way yesterday I re-installed my BES Server & getting smooth results finally.. I'm receiving mails in no time, as swift as i always wants it to be,...
BTW Navilyn, audit01 is 100 percent right, IT people even gotta go office on sundays... I m badly missing my sundays of college days ...05-29-07 01:07 AM
- audit01 had to work on Thanksgiving with his family in his office because his exchange server's drive started burning. He spent 16hr's in the office building a new server and moving everything over to it.
(no I'm not talking in the 3rd person, he's recovering from a stroke so I'm handing his forum duties for hime since he has over 15 that he manages and moderates)05-29-07 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD