01-10-13 03:55 AM
- Hi Guys,
Not sure if this is the right forum. My company has upgraded to from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 and I can no longer sync my emails to my blackberry using OWA. I was wondering if anyone else had issues with this and if they have found a solution to it.
I don't want to switch to BES, its too expensive, and I don't want to be under the company policy yet.
Please let me know if you have any ideas, and I can try them
A bit of background info:
1. Using a BB 9700 running the leaked version of OS6
2. The URL for my companies OWA is https://companyname.mail.com/owa
3. No IMAP or POP3 info is provided for the email support.
Thanks guys,11-15-10 01:16 AM
- I have the same problem. Ever since my company upgraded the server to Exchange 2010, I cannot receive or send emails via BIS. I deleted the account info and tried to re-register it, but no luck. I got an error message saying cannot connect to the server. Interestingly, my coworker who is on T-Mobile doesn't have any problem.
I contacted Verizon but they had no clue. My call was transferred to "RIM tech support", but the guy there was totally useless and hung up the call in the middle of conversation. I suppose he works for an outsourced tech support center.
My guess is Verizon's BIS is not compatible with Exchange 2010 but T-Mobile's is. I don't want to pay extra money to be on BES, either. I don't know what to do.12-09-10 04:40 PM
- Hey buddy, yea still no resolution for me, i had to switch to BES.
RIM did send these articles to me, have a look and maybe they will help.
KB03133-How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
KB18567-BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
Hopefully that helps, have a look and let me know whats going on.12-09-10 04:44 PM
- Verizon BIS IS compatible with Exchange 2010! After I signed in OWA, clicked the drop-down arrow next to the Help question mark, and then clicked About. I used host address listed there and was able to register my corporate email account to Verizon BIS. IT dept here said no need to change any settings including host address, but it is different from the old one.
Hope this helps... Glad I retried today after reading your post!12-09-10 05:26 PM
- Hi Osofast.
BlackBerry BIS Service will will not connect to Exchange 2010 no matter what you do.
This appears after the installation of either "KB2785908" or "KB2785908"
No matter what you try, the BIS service will not connect. Testing "Microsoft Exchange Web Services" as per BlackBerry KB18567 brought up "Server Error in '/EWS' Application" in IE. Further prodding (directly on the server) got the error that "httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10485760" in the web.config file is incorrect.
Take a copy of C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\exchweb\ews\web.config
Open web.config in an application capable of editing the file
FIND the following text:
Change the text "10485760" to "2097151"
From an elevated Command Prompt run:
Then test from outside the server (using IE) via:
NOTE: If you run the Best Practices Analyzer on the server in the future it will flag this as a configuration error. MS state that you can ignor this.
BlackBerry Knowledge Base article: KB18567
Last edited by MistahSpoons; 01-06-13 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Left in some personal information.01-06-13 09:53 AM
- hEllo ..
hi, before this year, our company able to connect BIS, but right now,
after we make migration, we face problem where we face BIS problem.
For IPAD is ok and have no problem, but blackberry we face this problem..
Before we migrate we still use MS EXCHANGE 2010
Just dont understand, why right now we face this problem, before this
the user BB, still can connect to exchange 2010 until at the end of 2012 and
FYI, some bb user able to retrive email fro exchange,
but after that, some user unable and total of the bb user unable to
connect to exchange have increase.
I have contacted the BIS administrator and they tell all because of
our exchange server,firewall,tmg..what??
i don't think that the problem, and the BIS /BB provider also not friendly
and want to blame us because we failed to configure correctly,
then I follow them, also enable POP3 for BB user..but
still same problem, then they ask to much and blame our firewal cause this problem...
Last edited by USER_ASADMIN; 01-10-13 at 04:16 AM.01-10-13 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD