Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default can my Internet Mail Account email be seen by my employer's Enterprise Server?

Hi gang. So I've been using my own Blackberry for a few years, with all 10 of my personal email accounts added to my device.

I've recently switched to an employer-provided BlackBerry, associated with an Enterprise Account. I have now added my personal Internet email accounts to my device.

Now I know the whole thought process behind "if you don't want your employer to see what you are doing on your company-provided device, don't do it", but can anyone truly tell me if my PERSONAL email activity (i.e. from my Internet email accounts) can be monitored through BlackBerry Enterprise Server back at the office, in any way.

I'm hoping somebody out there can give me the skinny on whether they actually CAN, not if they "possibly" can.
    CrackBerry User

I've not looked too far into the logs but everything is recorded for your device.
    Quite possibly they can look through but why would they? It's far more effort than it is worth. Ive only looked through the logs twice in 4 years working with BES and that's because of a massive phone bill.

Quote -
    "if you don't want your employer to see what you are doing on your company-provided device, don't do it"

This hold true, if they decide you are using your phone for non work purposes then they can brick it.

Why do people use their work phones for personal stuff, ive never used my work phone for anything other than work. Stop getting your company to foot the bill and get your own phone if you don't want them seeing what you're doing.