Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8300 Curve New User

Hi All,

Newbie here, just got my 8300 Curve today, very different to the recent PDA. Any hints, tips or must have downloads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance all.

B
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Welcome from another Newbie..

Although I've only been using my curve for a couple of weeks, the best tip I could offer you right now would be to visit Blackberry's website and download the calendar patch if you haven't done so already.

Being a newbie, I'm unable to post the web link until I've made ten posts, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to sort it for you.

Cheers

Mark
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

How do you like the Curve so far? I have an 8830 and I am thinking about swtitching carriers. What is your favorite part?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    20f49ad2

Welcome to the community!

I've had my Curve for a couple months now and have downloaded several great third party apps. I don't remember all of the links off the top of my head, but that's what Google.com is there for, right?

-Viigo - RSS reader

- Google has about 7 apps all designed for the Curve including Google Maps, very helpful. (Don't know if you have the 8310 w/GPS). Download "Google Updater" and it will automatically check to see what apps you have or don't have and will install the ones of your choice. It will also check for updates for those apps in case Google makes an improvement.

- Opera Mini - web browser that more accuratly simulates a real computer's browser rather than the built-in browser for Blackberrys.

-Crackberry.com Desktop Launcher

Every Blackberry owner needs this icon gracing their screen!

There's my $0.02, hope you find these helpful.

-CBP

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,954 Global Posts
    PIN
    502c3256

operamini4, espn, and ofcourse the cb desktop shortcuts are all a must have
    http://www.twitter.com/renegade37918 loving my evo 4g, my7.0 plus gal-tab
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Crackberryphill View Post
    Welcome to the community!

I've had my Curve for a couple months now and have downloaded several great third party apps. I don't remember all of the links off the top of my head, but that's what Google.com is there for, right?

-Viigo - RSS reader

- Google has about 7 apps all designed for the Curve including Google Maps, very helpful. (Don't know if you have the 8310 w/GPS). Download "Google Updater" and it will automatically check to see what apps you have or don't have and will install the ones of your choice. It will also check for updates for those apps in case Google makes an improvement.

- Opera Mini - web browser that more accuratly simulates a real computer's browser rather than the built-in browser for Blackberrys.

-Crackberry.com Desktop Launcher

Every Blackberry owner needs this icon gracing their screen!

There's my $0.02, hope you find these helpful.

-CBP

Good advise
    CrackBerry User

if you do a lot of browsing on the bb device....adjust your browser settings since the blackberry can be picky with certain websites due to limitations...
    open browser > menu browser config...
    or options > advanced options> browser config