CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Unlocking Curve 8530 by Boost

I have a blackberry Curve 8530 from boost mobile. I bought a new phone and my number is of course on the new phone. I went to go into my blackberry today as I have some saved text messages that will be needed in a court case. I know my password and it won't let me in. You get 10 tries. On the last try if it doesn't work it erases every thing. I have one try left but refuse to try it in case it tells me I'm wrong and then erases every thing. I heard there is a way to crack it and not lose everything. Is there some way I can get in there without losing everything? I have over $13,000 riding on these text messages. They prove this guy stole that money from me. HELP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    22,484 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"

here you go.... it's hard when you post in two forums...

Instructions for Unlocking BlackBerry Phones- All Models!
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by jafobabe View Post
    here you go.... it's hard when you post in two forums...

Instructions for Unlocking BlackBerry Phones- All Models!
    Did you actually read any of this thread? The Boost 8530 is a CDMA/Iden device and can't be unlocked for use on other GSM carriers. Also, the OP wasn't even asking about unlocking the SIM, but getting past the password...

OP, I'm not sure where you read that it's possible to get by the password, but it's NOT. Are you sure the Alt key isn't pressed when it's not suppose to, or vice versa? You're obviously entering your password in wrong somehow.

I've heard that connecting it to the computer, and running DM, will reset the number of tries, but I've never tried and don't think that would work.

You're SOL if you can't enter your password in correctly...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Unhappy

Did you actually read my post? It has nothing what so ever to do with going with another carrier. I've used 9 attempts to get into my phone with my password. I have one attemmpt left. I called boost and they said that some of the dealers can hack into it. So I guess my best bet is to go around to the dealers tomorrow and see who can, if anyone, hack into it. I need these test messages.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Sporty, could you please post using regular fonts and colors. Your post is very difficult to read.

There is no way that the "dealer" or anyone else is going to be able to "hack into it". BlackBerry devices are designed to be secure.

If you cannot successfully enter the password into the device, it will be wiped and the data will be lost.

Backing up the data on a regular basis is strongly advised.

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by SportyGal883C View Post
    Did you actually read my post? It has nothing what so ever to do with going with another carrier. I've used 9 attempts to get into my phone with my password. I have one attemmpt left. I called boost and they said that some of the dealers can hack into it. So I guess my best bet is to go around to the dealers tomorrow and see who can, if anyone, hack into it. I need these test messages.
    I hope you aren't referring to me because I did answer your question...

Quote Originally Posted by ridesno159 View Post
    I'm not sure where you read that it's possible to get by the password, but it's NOT. Are you sure the Alt key isn't pressed when it's not suppose to, or vice versa? You're obviously entering your password in wrong somehow.

I've heard that connecting it to the computer, and running DM, will reset the number of tries, but I've never tried and don't think that would work.

You're SOL if you can't enter your password in correctly...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have a Blackberry Curve which will not accept my password. Aftr 2 more attempts, I will loose all my data.
    HELP
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

You need to either enter the password correctly or continue to enter it incorrectly and the device will be wiped of all the data and you can start over.

Hopefully, you have a backup.