Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Having probles getting phone calls on my blackberry style from boost in the nyc area

Hello

I just got my first blackberry style 9670 smart phone less then 2 Weeks ago and I am using boost mobile for service.

I live in the nyc area and i sometimes when i get a phone call my blackberry does not ring

I have all the ringtones on high and I was told by boost customer service there is a outage in the nyc area.

Now I wanted to know if anyone else in the nyc area has this phone or any other boost phone and is having the same problems ?

I have a sim card boost phone and i dont have a problem with that phone ringing

I am on my second boost blackberry in a weeks time

Since i was able to get ahold of the master resller for boost and after talking with a sales men on the phone i was able to get another handset

I though that would take care of the problem thinking the first phone had a bug and the problem would be fixed

I was wrong

But now the newest phone sometimes does not ring when a call is made to it

This is driving me crazy and I just wanted to know if anyone else in the NYC area has this same phone and is having the same problems.

Again my phone sometimes rings when a call is coming in and sometimes it does not ring.

Does anyone think this is a problem with the cell tower as i was told over the phone by boost ?

I have strong cell coverage where i live and most times have all 4 bars

I also had a issue with the web and not getting e-mails and the info on the hand set was 1xev in lower case letters.

But i took the battery out and now i get e-mails and can use the web browser and the letter are in upper case 1XVE and now i can use the web and get e-mails

Can some one please tell me if there having the same problem with the blackberry style 9670 from boost in nyc ?

Sorry for the long post
    Last edited by blackberrydeep; 08-23-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default i had the same problem i fixed by..

First off boost mobile is a sprint company and runs on sprints cdma network ,i had the same problem and used this forum to update my os to the 600 from 522 from gci and the phone has been working great since
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    First off boost mobile is a sprint company and runs on sprints cdma network ,i had the same problem and used this forum to update my os to the 600 from 522 from gci and the phone has been working great since
    where can i do this

i dont think i am having the problem anymore but i want to make sure my phone is updated
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I live in the middle of the US and have Sprint and sometimes my phone, as well as my friend's Style does not ring!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrydeep View Post
    where can i do this

i dont think i am having the problem anymore but i want to make sure my phone is updated
    You can update here in the forum there is a 6.0.0.600 release from gci just search it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

You can update here in the forum there is a 6.0.0.600 release from gci just search it.

do you have a link

i cant find it

thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default latest os for style 9670 from gci

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrydeep View Post
    do you have a link

i cant find it

thanks
    Latest Official: 9670 OS 6.0.0.600 from GCI
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hope your problem is fixed by now but wanted to offer a correction. Boost runs on the old Nextel Network which is iDen technology. Boost is a Sprint company but the towers used are not CDMA. That is reserved for only Sprint customers. Boost is a good service but doesn't have coverage like CDMA.