Boost Mobile roaming?
Hey guys, posting here since I can't find the Boost thread (think it got deleted.)
I want to get the 9310 since it's so cheap, just to hold me over til the the QWERTY10 is available.
I live in Northern CA and plan on travelling to the east coast, South Florida.
Will I incur roaming charges? Will service not be available?
- 01-09-2013, 09:41 PM #2
From my understanding, you will only have service where Sprint has service on their network. It will not roam onto other networks like a Sprint phone would, say onto Verizon's network. I experienced a similar situation when I had Virgin Mobile, it just wouldn't do anything where there was no Sprint service.Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
- 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM #4
If there's no off-network service, there would be no roaming fees incurred. Boost is available nationwide on Sprint's network, I've had coverage in the bulk of Florida, and you might check a Sprint coverage map for where ya wanna be.Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
Ft. Lauderdale area is where I'll be.
Looks like Sprint gets coverage there according to their map. Although it's the fringe parts of town I'm worried about since Sprints coverage map isn't that accurate.
People I know in Ft Lauderdale with Sprint say they get reception, but they're not the most tech savvy and they could just be getting reception due to Verizon's towers and not know it....
- 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM #6Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII.
For now I have an unlocked Tour on TMobile which is fine. But considering how cheap the 9310 is, that might be something to consider til QWERTY BB10 comes.
- 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM #8
The newer Curve is probably better able to handle the load than the Tour is, so that's a win. If Sprint had gotten me a decent price on a 9930, I'd have gone for it. But the best price I saw it get to was $100, half again as expensive as the two Android phones I've had in the last 9 months. But until 10 gets released, this is still my best option.Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy.
- By michaelper22 in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 104Last Post: 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM
- By rstout76 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
- By Watson4279 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
- By jabby in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 08-07-2008, 08:09 AM
- By JesseJ in forum T-MobileReplies: 6Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:45 AM