• 1 Post By BB_Bmore
  • 1 Post By scottydl
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Boost Mobile 9310

Hey guys

I need some recommendations, i have been waiting for 2 years to upgrade my 8530 from Boost Mobile and the only new Blackberry that they have is the Curve 9310. They have the latest in Android phones but i love Blackberry and i dont want to change to an Android phone. I was hoping that they will bring the Torch, nope!!!

So i want to know somebody out there that have a 9310 from Boost his opinion about the phone.

Should i get it? should i wait for a better BB to come to boost? will i see much difference from my 8530 to the 9310?

Thank you
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Boost will never get the Torch because...

The all-screen Torch is on Sprint.

The 9810 is GSM. Who knows, they might get the all-touch CDMA variant if we bring it to their attention? You could buy it on Sprint directly and flash it to Boost.

I use the 9310. I don't mind it at all. The screen resolution hasn't changed much.

The phone is snappier than your phone since it has a 800 MHz processor.

I like it.

I used to own the BlackBerry Curve 8830, the BlackBerry Torch 9800. Now I own this little gem.

Tl;dr: Want a faster phone and a newer OS? Switch to this device.
    Last edited by Joshua_X; 08-05-2012 at 03:50 AM.
    Thanked by:
    brug0710 (08-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by brug0710 View Post
    Hey guys

I need some recommendations, i have been waiting for 2 years to upgrade my 8530 from Boost Mobile and the only new Blackberry that they have is the Curve 9310. They have the latest in Android phones but i love Blackberry and i dont want to change to an Android phone. I was hoping that they will bring the Torch, nope!!!

So i want to know somebody out there that have a 9310 from Boost his opinion about the phone.

Should i get it? should i wait for a better BB to come to boost? will i see much difference from my 8530 to the 9310?

Thank you

I've had a 8530 for a couple years too and it is a really solid phone. I tried out the 9310 and i like the speed of the phone,i heard the battery life is really good and the fm radio is a plus. The only two things i didn't understand/like was the bbm key since u could customize the function for the conv. key(s) on the 8530(i use the left for sms/mms and the right one to quickly change through apps),can some one tell me if u can change it on the new 9310?. The other is why they took off the media keys on the top of the phone for easy acess when you are listening to music. Those are the two that kept me from buying it day one but i will be buying one as soon as this one fails or if boost gets a better bb soon (i doubt they will).
    Thanked by:
    brug0710 (08-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

You can customize the BBM key. It's there for looks. Just do a universal search for "Convenience key" and you can customize the BBM key and the right convenience key.
    CrackBerry User

I'm into my second week with the 9310. I miss the media keys at the top, but other than that, I love the phone. Battery life is great, no dropped calls and the added FM feature as well as some of the 7.1 OS tools are great. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    brug0710 (08-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    PIN

I upgraded from my 8530 to the 9310 three days ago and i noticed a big difference.First i like how the phone has a quick response when opening programs, but I also like how quick the downloads are. I did happen to notice that the contact book does not link up with Facebook profiles, so I have to add new pictures to each of my contacts otherwise no biggie. I do like the sleek design of this new Blackberry
    Thanked by:
    brug0710 (08-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Talking

I got the new 9310 last night, and I will throw in my 0.02. I have owned every every curve model on Boost, so I speak from experience.

First; price point. I haven't seen a BB come in this low with Boost. They used to charge $249 for model that were so outdated that other carriers didn't carry them anymore. $99 is a great price for a decent phone. Up until a few days ago there was even a special for $75 on these puppies, so who knows, they might drop down a few bucks later on in the game.

Converting it over was a breeze through the desktop manager. It even brought over apps like Telenav; free TomTom GPS for Boost mobile users where Verizon and others will try to gouge you for it. That app in itself is worth it! I must say though that on the 8530 this app natively showed the speed limit (and colored it red when you were speeding), but in the 9310 version Telenav made this part of a premium subscription @ $5 /month together with speed trap, redlight camera, and traffic warning. I hope they don't take more and more out of the app to make it part of the paid package because I will stop using it just for that reason and go back to using WAZE. For now, it is still a good app, but crippled.

The speeds of the menu are good. It is faster than any of the other BB's I have had. It also beats my corporate Torch. Battery life is rumored to be longer; I can't verify that yet.

I love the radio; too bad it is FM only, but still it is great to have old fashioned radio.

One of the cons I have is the cheapo back side. The phone feels better than the 8530, but has the same plasticky back. The designer in charge of the battery door really needs to be fired for having no imagination.

I miss the media player buttons on top, but, truth be told they had issues anyway.

Another thing I don't like is the bloatware it is delivered with. I turned it on and had only 66Mb available! I used Desktop to remove all the unneeded apps like Poynt (pretty poyntless to me), and things like Youtube, and Social ware. The one language I really wanted on there (Dutch) is not availabe (go figure), but yet RIM has jammed every other (for me) useless language on there. Ripping out all the variations of Japanese, Chinese, etc together with the bloatware gives me now a whopping 126Mb available! If anyone can tell me how to add Dutch, feel free to PM me.

So all in all: I think the 9310 is a good phone for a very low price. On top of that my shrinkage payments are a month away from $45! Unlimited BB, Text, and nationwide calling; without contract... Can you hear me now?

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

This phone's battery is a WARRIOR! I work 12 hour shifts, so I pull my phone off the charger at 5pm and I don't get home until about 7:30 am and I had data on all night, 2.5 hours of music, texting emails etc and I still had like 65% when I got home. I've used alot of BB's(8530,9650,9700,9800,9810,9930(twice),curve 9350, 9360(3 times) so I know about BB's lol. This is the best battery life I've ever gotten from any phone.

Only thing I dislike is some apps are unavailable eBay for instance won't install from App store, I did find an OTA file which works fine, I also used the spotify 9930 cdma build and that works like a dream. I got mine for $75 and its just an incredible device at any price point but just amazing at this price point. It's nice Boost charged so little after wanting 200-250 for the 8530 and the Style.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058

I must admit that this is a sweet little deice. I had a 9700 for over two years and it up and quit on me a few weeks ago and really didn't want to go on a 2-year contract for the 9930 when BB10 is coming (hopefully) so I went looking for a non-contract device to fill the void. Sad to say I tried 2, yes 2, Android devices and they were terrible. Since I didn't want to make a huge investment I tried the LG Optimus then the HTC One V. The LG was absolutely horrible in every aspect and the HTC One V was not bad except it was constantly overheating. I looked at the HTC Evo 4G V as a last option but it was $299.99 wich was WAY more than I wanted to pay for a non-contract device. After some research I decided to give the 9310 a shot and I must say this is a really cool device. It has everything my 9700 had and more in OS7 and 512MB of RAM. The web browser is much faster and the download speeds are faster than my Bold ever was. I really feel that I didn't step back on this device compared to what I had before and Boost Mobile has the $60.00 Unlimited BlackBerry Plan that will "shrink" by $5.00 every 6 months so I just might keep this as a back-up when I do get the BB10. Anyone looking for a solid device w/o spending a fortune, this is not a bad way to go. By the way, the phone lists for $99.99 on the Boost Mobile web site and at Best Buy but I got it for $74.99. I explained to the sales rep at Best Buy that Boost recently offered this phone for $25.00 off and he said he could discount it down to that price!! So in the end I got a good BB at a very good price and the service is just fine.
    Hutch66-follow me on Twitter @PghSportsGuy
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just got this app, Zello walkie talkie on this phone,, pretty cool, just like having nextel bb walkie talkie again..lol
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Boost Curve 9310 is a great device,I purchased one for my teenage daughter,Couldn't beat the price $80 bucks plus service..screen size on the small size,over all She loves it,pretty snappy on menu's and apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just ordered this (hasn't arrived yet), also Boost customer (Monthly Unlimited) coming from IDEN to CDMA. I got a KILLER deal on the phone... currently marked down to $79.99, and when I called I asked the rep if they had any better deals available. He put me on hold, then came back and said another discount was applied to make the phone $55.99! Just for asking!!

Hopefully the Sprint network works as well (or better) than Nextel here. For that price, I may buy another one for my PAYG Boost phone that will have to be converted to CDMA before 11/7 (or the service price goes up).
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
    I just ordered this (hasn't arrived yet), also Boost customer (Monthly Unlimited) coming from IDEN to CDMA. I got a KILLER deal on the phone... currently marked down to $79.99, and when I called I asked the rep if they had any better deals available. He put me on hold, then came back and said another discount was applied to make the phone $55.99! Just for asking!!

Hopefully the Sprint network works as well (or better) than Nextel here. For that price, I may buy another one for my PAYG Boost phone that will have to be converted to CDMA before 11/7 (or the service price goes up).
    Exactly my point you can't beat that deal....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have loved mine, with the exception of lack of available apps, especially sports. With Boost's unlimited messaging I found you can request specific sports/team scores at 44636 , and can find out more at alerts.4info.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Newsunrise View Post
    Have loved mine, with the exception of lack of available apps, especially sports. With Boost's unlimited messaging I found you can request specific sports/team scores at 44636 , and can find out more at alerts.4info.com
    Welcome to CB Newsunrise Wasn't aware of lack of app's yes themes though ....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Re: Boost Mobile 9310

Did this to my wifes Boost 9310 today

She says she feels like its a whole new phone. I actually had to order 9320 parts because 9310 housing came up with zero. This with pink bokeh hearts theme really looks nice for a lady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boost Mobile 9310-uploadfromtaptalk1356163705782.jpg   Boost Mobile 9310-uploadfromtaptalk1356163733047.jpg  
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

How hard was it to switch out the covers & buttons? Did you figure out yourself or follow an online tutorial somewhere? I changed out the cover on my wife's old 8350i (she has the stock 9310 now) and the 8350i was not HARD but it did require some precision tools (screwdriver and pry tool) and finesse to remove/replace the cover without breaking anything.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

I used a hair dryer to heat the screen up and that helped with the adhesive. That was the trickiest part of the whole process but still it wasn't that difficult. The housing I ordered came with pry tools and screw drivers all for 11 bucks. If you want to switch your wife's housing search for 9320 housing and you will find many many varieties. A search for 9310 brings nothing. It really wasn't that difficult ,using the hair dryer really helped. All in all it took me about 5-10 minutes and this was my first time swapping housing.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

After 5 days, I think the battery life is decent. Make sure you go in and turn off gps and bluetooth if you're not using them.
    Totally satisfied with my decision to get rid of this htc evo 3d (gimmick) man that phone is like 3 9310's in weight. A couple
    of people have asked me why I did that? I don't want to speak for other's but, I have a samsung gal. tab 7 if i want an android
    "play" experience and to mess around. I don't want some os where I have to nav through 10 screens to accomplish a simple
    setting. One big problem was the phone going off every 3 seconds, --update this, that we wanna see what color your underwear is etc..
    was like, leave me the fk alone already!! BB doesn't make alot of noise or bother me about updating apps all the time.
    Honestly, I'm 43...I think I woke up and said "I have a toy phone....miss my berry....
    I'll happily wait until I can find a q10 on prepaid for a fair price. Like wait til it gets down to $200
    crack on berryland!!
    Guitar Players do it better!!

"Ahab, can I bum my doobage??"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    PIN

I had the 8530 and at one point i started to get discouraged on how slow it ran and then, when i saw the 9310 available and did some research i went and bought it. This made me a true believer again in BB. Now if they can make the Q10 available soon that would be great.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello ..thinking about the boost mob 9310 . Well I got it and it is a great phone out of control for a boost mobile blackberry 9310 I do say get it you wont be sorry .its fast web fast everything about it is .well I had a race with a I phone to see who could get to internet sooner well low and be hold guess who won.thats right 9310 from boost. im just saying you cant go wrong 60 a month but I going down to 55 dollars soon for 79.99 for that phone .and its not droid which I think suck .I had them htc an so on battery short the 9310 bat long long long time. so good luck on choosing .Ya I ask the same quest is the 9930 going to boost .and its no . well good luck thank you bb awesome phones (period).
    CrackBerry User

The 9310 is a really good phone for a HS or college kid. You can get it now for $49. You really can't beat that.