- CrackBerry Newbie
- 4 Posts
Boost has the 9310 for $59.99
I'm sure there is a coupon code to accompany it, but as of right now, it is marked down to 79.99 with a "special in-cart price" and that drops it to 59.99. On a personal note; I really wish corporations would stop with the whole "put this item in your cart to see how much it is" gimmicks. Just tell us how much it is. Treating us as if we are a bunch of ******** monkeys that can't remove an item from the cart really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's like chasing Colgate with OJ.
Hope this helps someone out there save a few bucks.Pray for World Peas
- 01-09-13, 07:46 PM #3
They can't, legally.
The reason they have to do the whole "Add to car to see price" is because the retailer (in this case Boost) has a contract with the product's company (RIM) that they will not advertise bellow a certain price (MSRP, etc.)
So the only way for a seller like Boost to push inventory at a lower price is by adding it to the cart. They're not advertising the $59.99 price tag, because technically, it took some user interaction and was not displayed as the "sticker price".
It's not really a gimmick, it's a legality (loophole).
- By chrono807 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 1Last Post: 09-18-11, 09:59 PM
- By j7469 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-09, 12:42 PM
- By rightcoastsurf in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 12-04-08, 10:57 AM
- By safemodef8 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 10-29-08, 11:34 PM
- By kasperapd in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 26Last Post: 05-17-08, 01:54 PM