hi there
    Is Z30 worth buying now...?
    I personaly dont like the passport...
    I love both keyboard and touch , but i also like a big screen ...
    I gave my Q10 to my son ,he wanted it...
    I cant wait 1 month for the classic
    I love both the Q10 and Z30
    The Q for the best keyboard out there , the Z30 for the screen ...
    Some days i want to play games , but many ones i dont ....
    Which one should i choose?
    Is the z30 worth it ?
    Thanks
    11-20-14 03:23 PM
    For the price it currently is - around $300, it is worth buying. Is it a top of the line going to impress everyone with it's features... no.

But between the Q10 and Z30... personally I'd get the Z30 as I like the larger screen for browsing, reading books or watching content - JMHO.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 03:29 PM
    Sounds like... "Is it worth buying bread now?

Of course man you need it :s

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995, imcurved and mkelley65 like this.
    11-20-14 04:36 PM
    I think at 300 dollars from BlackBerry it's still a good buy for a large screen and a well built device with a year warranty.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 04:45 PM
    Sure is. I love the Z30 so much, I bought another as a backup. Great adult phone.
    anon(8908445) and Naeg1995 like this.
    11-20-14 04:50 PM
    hi there
    Is Z30 worth buying now...?
    I personaly dont like the passport...
    I love both keyboard and touch , but i also like a big screen ...
    I gave my Q10 to my son ,he wanted it...
    I cant wait 1 month for the classic
    I love both the Q10 and Z30
    The Q for the best keyboard out there , the Z30 for the screen ...
    Some days i want to play games , but many ones i dont ....
    Which one should i choose?
    Is the z30 worth it ?
    Thanks
    NO...if you like a BlackBerry with physical keyboard.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 05:16 PM
    Z30 is cheap now. You might as well get it and get the classic later or Passport. The Z30 is a solid superior device....i love mine

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 05:24 PM
    Nope, but it is worth purchasing now

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 05:44 PM
    Yes, it is worth buying now. The price will go back up at the end of the month. If you are thinking about trying it, go ahead and pull the trigger. If you don't like it, sell it for what you paid for it when the sale is over (next month).
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:13 PM
    Had to give my thirty to a fellow co worker. I'm buying another one as a backup. So yes, yes it is!

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:23 PM
    z30 outdated, but good as a back up phone
    Last edited by Amirberry; 11-21-14 at 09:36 AM.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:29 PM
    The z30 is a superb device at the current price and will do quite well for at least 2 more years.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:41 PM
    In a word....YES!

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:42 PM
    Had to give my thirty to a fellow co worker. I'm buying another one as a backup. So yes, yes it is!

Posted via CB10
    Had to? Did you break his phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 09:14 PM
    All BB10 phones are still worth buying, it just depends on your needs and requirements. The Z30 is a very good phone and I regret selling mine.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 10:02 PM
    Just gave a Z30 to my sister, a teacher who has never been on CrackBerry, as a replacement for her dead Z10. She loves it and finally warmed up to the "bigger" phone. I got her a few accessories like a Qi wireless charging base (verizon model) and a USB OTG adapter, to make it extra clear that it was "an upgrade" from her old Z10... Not just in specs, but in actual capability.

I think most people will find the Z30 to be very "up to date" in terms of build, experience and performance. As long as you're not searching for the best benchmark numbers (which are cheated/inflated anyway), and care more about how fast "it feels" to you,.. then I would say even the Z10 is a decent buy at these low prices (except for the battery).

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 10:17 PM
    z30 outdated, bad good as a back up phone
    Out dated?! In comparison to what? The Z30 on paper has better specs then an iPhone 6 and they're over a year apart.

@OP like anything in life there is always going to be something newer or hot off the press. But what you're not going to beat coming from the Z30 is functionality for the price. That's where the Z30 is a clear winner and great option.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    potatoguy and Naeg1995 like this.
    11-20-14 10:58 PM
    I wanted to get a Z30 later not sooner, but at $299 AND FREE SHIPPING OMG I thought I better bite the bullet. I got it two days ago. It's white. I got the leather white vertical magnetic flip case (found on ebay very cheap), both happened to get here at the same time. It's just less than a half inch bigger than the Z10, both directions. I plugged in a big clunky usb keyboard just because I could and it comes with Docs To Go.

Got my programs from BB world transferred, however I am not ready to put my atnt simcard in it, for now. My bb Z10 is my phone and texter still, and this is just going to be for fun and getting a little travel music collection going of different songs than I already have. Got apollo and slacker and stereotube and neutron, and that radio player +, and can do live365 and sirius without an app. It has no trouble doing video, and was able to move the few songs I downloaded onto the memory card, because this uses up quite a bit of its memory with system and app stuff, so I deleted a few of my android apps that are more demanding than they are worth.

it's smooth as hot buttered rum and just as yummy. Nothing outdated about this phone, oh, it's Not Just a Phone... for me it's not even a phone, it is meant to be a backup computer for me, seriously. I want to plug in a mouse and keyboard at the same time but don't have the plug splitter yet. Will post about any future successes or failures.

Yep fm radio works fine too.

Oops time to update my signature
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 11:37 PM
    Absolutely worth buying.

Powered by BB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 11:40 PM
    The reasonable option would be to get your q10 back, and get a used Z10 for your son.

So you're probably not driven by reason now, but by desire. None of us can really help then.

Just get what you desire.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-20-14 11:58 PM
    Definitely worth it. Just got my third one today.

From the days of yore, when 'Black'Berrys were Blue.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-21-14 12:31 AM
    I moved from an iPhone 5S and haven't looked back or missed it at all (which I'm surprised at). I have more or less found all the apps I had on the Apple device, and those I haven't, I've found alternatives.

If there were any down sides to the Z30, I'd say it would be these...

No Google integration
    BlackBerry Assistant not brilliant

That's it. Not a lot, seeing as it mostly outdoes most other handsets on the market in terms of feature sets.

I love mine, and would recommend one in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 and bakron1 like this.
    11-21-14 01:56 AM
    So, in the last couple of months, I've gone from a Z10 (which I accidentally destroyed against concrete) to an iPhone 4 to the Z30. I am very pleased with this device. At work, I have the Q10 and have had it for a while. But the Z30 is a great change from the tactile keyboard. Even though a lot of us Crackbarrians enjoy the physical keyboard, the touchscreen, swipe features, are just easy to use.

Hope this is helpful! I think it's a great phone. Plus, I was one of the lucky ones that picked up the Z30 for $299...
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-21-14 02:43 AM
    For the price it currently is - around $300, it is worth buying. Is it a top of the line going to impress everyone with it's features... no.

But between the Q10 and Z30... personally I'd get the Z30 as I like the larger screen for browsing, reading books or watching content - JMHO.
    Sounds like... "Is it worth buying bread now?

Of course man you need it :s

Posted via CB10
    I think at 300 dollars from BlackBerry it's still a good buy for a large screen and a well built device with a year warranty.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Sure is. I love the Z30 so much, I bought another as a backup. Great adult phone.
    NO...if you like a BlackBerry with physical keyboard.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Z30 is cheap now. You might as well get it and get the classic later or Passport. The Z30 is a solid superior device....i love mine

Posted via CB10
    Nope, but it is worth purchasing now

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is worth buying now. The price will go back up at the end of the month. If you are thinking about trying it, go ahead and pull the trigger. If you don't like it, sell it for what you paid for it when the sale is over (next month).

Posted via CB10
    z30 outdated, bad good as a back up phone
    The z30 is a superb device at the current price and will do quite well for at least 2 more years.
    In a word....YES!

Posted via CB10
    Had to? Did you break his phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    All BB10 phones are still worth buying, it just depends on your needs and requirements. The Z30 is a very good phone and I regret selling mine.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    Just gave a Z30 to my sister, a teacher who has never been on CrackBerry, as a replacement for her dead Z10. She loves it and finally warmed up to the "bigger" phone. I got her a few accessories like a Qi wireless charging base (verizon model) and a USB OTG adapter, to make it extra clear that it was "an upgrade" from her old Z10... Not just in specs, but in actual capability.

I think most people will find the Z30 to be very "up to date" in terms of build, experience and performance. As long as you're not searching for the best benchmark numbers (which are cheated/inflated anyway), and care more about how fast "it feels" to you,.. then I would say even the Z10 is a decent buy at these low prices (except for the battery).

Posted via CB10
    Out dated?! In comparison to what? The Z30 on paper has better specs then an iPhone 6 and they're over a year apart.

@OP like anything in life there is always going to be something newer or hot off the press. But what you're not going to beat coming from the Z30 is functionality for the price. That's where the Z30 is a clear winner and great option.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    I wanted to get a Z30 later not sooner, but at $299 AND FREE SHIPPING OMG I thought I better bite the bullet. I got it two days ago. It's white. I got the leather white vertical magnetic flip case (found on ebay very cheap), both happened to get here at the same time. It's just less than a half inch bigger than the Z10, both directions. I plugged in a big clunky usb keyboard just because I could and it comes with Docs To Go.

Got my programs from BB world transferred, however I am not ready to put my atnt simcard in it, for now. My bb Z10 is my phone and texter still, and this is just going to be for fun and getting a little travel music collection going of different songs than I already have. Got apollo and slacker and stereotube and neutron, and that radio player +, and can do live365 and sirius without an app. It has no trouble doing video, and was able to move the few songs I downloaded onto the memory card, because this uses up quite a bit of its memory with system and app stuff, so I deleted a few of my android apps that are more demanding than they are worth.

it's smooth as hot buttered rum and just as yummy. Nothing outdated about this phone, oh, it's Not Just a Phone... for me it's not even a phone, it is meant to be a backup computer for me, seriously. I want to plug in a mouse and keyboard at the same time but don't have the plug splitter yet. Will post about any future successes or failures.

Yep fm radio works fine too.

Oops time to update my signature
    Absolutely worth buying.