Correction, already discontinued two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    I mean software support that will be end soon
    09-03-16 10:41 PM
    Still rocking a Z30, and it's one solid built device. I have dropped this baby so many times on concrete and it can take a huge beating. Screen still holding up, just a few scratches on the edges where it hot the concrete. If this was another phone it would Crack in half. Runs solid and stable. It scan still compete with many new phones out there from this generation. It's a solid device, the best all touch device that BlackBerry where made, period!

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    09-03-16 10:48 PM
    I have had my Z30 for 2 years now, it works perfect as a cell phone, and I keep all my apps on my ipad to make sure I don't spend too much time playing with my phone : )
    09-05-16 11:37 PM
    If Blackberry would make a better version Z30 phone with BB OS would be a dream accomplished.....
    skilas likes this.
    09-06-16 02:15 AM
    It might become not so useful after Dec '16 but if you've got money to burn, why not?

Battery life is very good. My phone is almost 2 years old, and in the past 1 year I have been using 4G network all the time and playing COC I still get 12 hours of battery run time. When I use the phone strictly for work and 3G network I got 18-20 hours.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-06-16 05:50 AM
    The Z30, for me, has been a rock solid phone. I even have a second as a spare to tie me over until a new phone comes around and just in case my daily driver breaks or something but I must say it's been good so far.

It runs all the apps that I need, few apps that I use. Of course, with the e for whatsapp etc. I've started thinking about moving to Android, likely the newly announced LG V20.

So is it worth getting a Z30 in 2016? It depends on your needs, apps requirement or a simple phone.

Z30 STA100-5
    09-07-16 11:00 AM
    Still have mine. Typing with it here. Awesome but yes like some said missing the modern inconveniences.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 02:05 PM
    But also recognize that in 6 months to a year from now, your phone may be out of support completely, and you will probably have to switch to another OS eventually.

Posted via CB10
    That the phone wont get mote updates does not mean it will stop working. All major functionality will still work.
    09-12-16 08:09 PM
    What about display brightness and sunlight legibilty..??? Is that better than Z10 ...
    09-13-16 01:02 AM
    That the phone wont get mote updates does not mean it will stop working. All major functionality will still work.
    True, I don't mean to discourage anyone who likes the phone from buying one. I only want people to make an informed decision. So there won't be too many more bug fixes, new features or support from many app developers. And browser compatibility won't get better. But like you said, you still get a working phone with BB10 hub and all the BB10 features we know and love.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 11:55 AM
    What about display brightness and sunlight legibilty..??? Is that better than Z10 ...
    I much prefer the Z30 screen to the Z10. But they are very different products.

The Z30 screen is significantly bigger. It doesn't sound like it on paper, but I'm so used to it now, when I hold a Z10, it feels tiny. Not enough room for the keyboard.

Also, the Z30 has a Super amoled screen. In other words, best blacks I've ever seen. Amazing. But screen needs to be on high brightness all the time. I have no issues in daylight. Just in direct light, it's a little tough.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    09-13-16 11:33 PM
    I don't have a Z10 to compare with, but indoors the deep blacks of the Z30 are great. However, I have it at full brightness all the time when inside. Outdoors you can get by occasionally, but if you work outdoors or use you phone a lot outside it's not bright enough IMO. You can compare max and min brightness, as well as contrast of all kinds of phones here: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 10:11 AM
    This is the only BB10 device besides the Classic they've hit the nail on the head in terms of no keyboard.

The Z10 was just horrible way to launch BB10 OS. They should have gone like Apple and done like Z10/Z10Plus deal of something.

Camera is great. I've taken some great photos and the timed picture option is awesome in case something gets your photo off in the initial shot.

And with the 10.3.2 panoramic is also great too! Stick with it. Unless you want a keyboard, get the Classic, but if this is your cup of tea. Stay until they take a stab at another BB10 touch screen (hopefully with a little more power than the DTEK50) and with a BB10 OS. We need to stick together. I'm contemplating which phone to go back to from Galaxy S5 as my current Z30 is pooped out (SIM CARD).

I've got Z10/Z30/Classic/DTEK50

#thingsthatmakeyougohmmm

--
    09-16-16 05:58 PM
    Z30 is the best BB10 they made. The big mistake from BlackBerry was releasing the Z10. The Z10 should of beed the Z30 From the start. If they had released the Z30 instead, I think it would of been a different ball game today, or maybe not, I could be wrong.

My Z30 is still rocking, smooth and solid. Dropped this baby on concrete many times and this phone can take a beating like crazy. Just some scratches and that's it, another phone would of met his early death.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and skilas like this.
    09-17-16 10:51 AM
    Returned 2 Privs and rescued our 2 Z30s from the donation bag. Besides the widely known security issues with the Privs (Verizon failing to provide security updates) the Privs seem to have too many compromises to "sorta" be BlackBerry. Didn't really use the PKB. The Z30 has a large, bright screen, powerful processor, all the apps I need, and a few more via the Google Play Store. Battery life is still acceptable but I am thinking I might replace it in a couple months. Form factor on the Z30 is perfect...for me.

If it was severely damaged, my first option would be to purchase another one to replace. Actually thinking that may not be a bad idea to have a full backup and keep it around as a 911 device with my emergency response/defense bag.

Posted on my Still Awesome Z30
    bigjman likes this.
    09-17-16 10:55 AM
    I much prefer the Z30 screen to the Z10. But they are very different products.

The Z30 screen is significantly bigger. It doesn't sound like it on paper, but I'm so used to it now, when I hold a Z10, it feels tiny. Not enough room for the keyboard.

Also, the Z30 has a Super amoled screen. In other words, best blacks I've ever seen. Amazing. But screen needs to be on high brightness all the time. I have no issues in daylight. Just in direct light, it's a little tough.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Agreed, with one comment: Z10 is crisper with higher resolution.

 Z30 | STA100-5 | 10.3.2.2888 & iPhone 6s
    skilas likes this.
    09-17-16 03:56 PM
    Still rocking a Z30, and it's one solid built device. I have dropped this baby so many times on concrete and it can take a huge beating. Screen still holding up, just a few scratches on the edges where it hot the concrete. If this was another phone it would Crack in half. Runs solid and stable. It scan still compete with many new phones out there from this generation. It's a solid device, the best all touch device that BlackBerry where made, period!

Posted via CB10
    as a Z30 user this made me cringe as i've never dropped it on concrete.. but yeah it's a tough phone
    09-19-16 06:09 PM
    Given they are no.longer in Production, I now own 3 of them...2 spares...still have found anything that competes with it..

Best phone I've ever had...

Theo

8830, 9000, 9900 : Q10, Z10, Z30 and for work.. a stupid iCrap
    extisis, robin11 and bigjman like this.
    09-20-16 05:30 AM
    Z30 is a great phone, if you use it for email, texting, browser, calendar, BBM, photos, music, Blackberry Blend (file transfer to/from your desktop etc). The Hub is fantastic.
    09-22-16 02:02 PM
    I have been using my Z30 right from February of release of the Z30 when was that lol long time no problems we have 3 of them

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 12:14 PM
    I have a Classic, Q10 , and a Z30, of the three I find I spend most time on the Z30 for media consumption, the q10 is dedicated to work email, and the Classic is more like a PDA life planning device to me at least

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 12:37 PM
    I just bought a Z30 with a cracked screen, a beat up Torch 9800 and a prfect 64GB Playbook for $100. Unlocked it just in time for my Z10 to die.

The sound is excellent and battery life is surprisingly good, and the larger screen & keyboard are just what I need for my aging eyes.
    09-23-16 07:54 PM
    It's a great phone, I love my Z30.
    But...
    Though it does most things I need it really is left behind during to apps for anything modern. I'm not talking games, but banking, home automation, fitness, Netflix / Hulu, etc. Basically anything modern you can't do or is limited.
    If you're not used of it then fine but I want to take advantage of the connected world so will be swapping it out in the next little while.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mcstravi; 09-23-16 at 08:30 PM.
    09-23-16 08:01 PM
    But...
    Though it does most things I need it really is left behind during to apps for anything modern. I'm not talking games, but banking, home automation, fitness, Netflix / Hulu, etc. Basically anything modern you can't do or is limited.
    If you're not used of it then fine but I want to take advantage of the connected world so will be swapping it out in the next little while.

Posted via CB10
    Dude I rock Netflix and Hulu on my Z30 all the time

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 10:45 PM
    But...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about banking or automation, but Netflix/Hulu and fitness apps are not a problem. Pound for pound, not too many phones can compete with the Z30 and that includes the Android phones everyone keeps pushing on here when someone mentions a bb10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:29 PM
92 1234