Really I think the browser is really good and I have never had any problems with it. App gab their is definitely that.
    It really depends what your needs are and what you find important in a smart phone. If you are happy with your current bb10 devices, the z30 will offer a great experience. The browser may or may not age well, and the camera is poor compared to 2016 smartphones, also lack of apps, but if you are aware of these shortcoming and just want to enjoy the bb10 experience then go for it.

But also recognize that in 6 months to a year from now, your phone may be out of support completely, and you will probably have to switch to another OS eventually.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    08-29-16 10:25 AM
    It's worth each and every penny that you spend. After three years and updates it works flawlessly. I love my security rather than apps those who save your data and track everything.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-29-16 10:28 PM
    It's worth each and every penny that you spend. After three years and updates it works flawlessly. I love my security rather than apps those who save your data and track everything.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not futureproof phone. If it is, blackberry won't move to android.
    08-29-16 10:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    The security gap is disappearing when BlackBerry releases its version of Android N. Currently with Android M, you can stop background data. If an app is tracking you, it can do so in BB10 or in Android. No difference. You can also change app permissions in Android M as easily as in BB10. If you value privacy, the DTEK app is godsend. It informs you each time an app accesses your device and provides history of these accesses so that you can take appropriate action. The DTEK app is able to do this because of the information made available natively in Android M, something that BB10 doesn't even have.

My friend, Android has come a long way in terms of security and privacy. With the BlackBerry tweaking, it can be as good as any BlackBerry's own OS. Don't be afraid to give it a shot.
    chris8189 likes this.
    08-30-16 10:41 AM
    Look... all those who say no to z30 lemme put my argument straight. BlackBerry phones are made for work...not for the purposes that regular android and ios users use their phones for i.e selfies, games, movies, apps for everything, entertainment etc. A BlackBerry device is above all in the following regards;
    Battery life
    Efficiency
    Effectiveness
    Productivity
    Email
    Social networking
    Phone calls and other modes of communications
    Security
    Office work
    Presentations (hell look at BlackBerry express)

If you don't do these things with a phone then don't buy a BlackBerry... if you do kiddy things like pokemon go rather than productive conversations then buy an android or ios or even windows phone... BlackBerry z30 sucks...

But if the above things are a priority to you then I think BlackBerry z30 is a good bet for as long as the next 5 years

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-30-16 10:47 AM
    The point that iam trying to make is that z30 is not for the commonwealth

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:47 AM
    Look... all those who say no to z30 lemme put my argument straight. BlackBerry phones are made for work...not for the purposes that regular android and ios users use their phones for i.e selfies, games, movies, apps for everything, entertainment etc. A BlackBerry device is above all in the following regards;
    Battery life
    Efficiency
    Effectiveness
    Productivity
    Email
    Social networking
    Security
    Office work

If you don't do these things with a phone then don't buy a BlackBerry... if you do kiddy things like pokemon go rather than productive conversations then buy an android or ios or even windows phone... BlackBerry z30 sucks...

But if the above things are a priority to you then I think BlackBerry z30 is a good bet for as long as the next 5 years

Posted via CB10
    That has to be the most ridiculous comment made recently. I'm far more productive on my PRIV than my Passport. You are making the argument that having access to Apps makes you less productive. You're a grown up without self control? How do I access job needed apps for clients on my Passport more efficiently than on PRIV. Come join us in 2016 when you get back from 2011.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    chain13, skilas and chris8189 like this.
    08-30-16 10:53 AM
    The apps and enormous flexibility of Android means that you can turn it into a great productivity device or an entertainment device or both. It may not behave like BB10, but Android has a much wider range of capabilities. With Blackberry offering their apps for Android devices there are fewer and fewer reasons to buy a new BB10 phone. But if you prefer the way BB10 works and it does what you need it do I'm not going to tell you to buy Android. Better is very subjective and and I'm not going to assume I know your needs better than you do.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:07 PM
    There won't be any updates for BB10 OS from BlackBerry..! And forget about what's app & Facebook. You can still use it but can't compete with the android users.

I'd still recommend Z30..! Coz I love using it.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure about that?
    08-31-16 12:40 AM
    As I said... if you are the intended user of BlackBerry then you will love it... else don't buy it

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 04:30 AM
    You can certainly pick one up pretty cheap these days. Not a bad choice is $ is an issue.

Posted via Z30
    08-31-16 06:52 PM
    I've been a Z30 user since the week of release. Coming up to 3 years.

Short answer: worth it if you love the OS. The vkb is amazing. Battery is great, if not making lots of calls. But you won't get many more years out of it.

Long answer: the phone is really starting to show its age. You did not mention wanting these things in your original post, it's worth me talking about.
    8mp rear camera is weak by today's standards.
    The app gap is growing everyday. People say if you want kiddy apps, go elsewhere, but that is ridiculous. What I do like though, is how BB has so much baked into the OS. Many things you may be used to with BlackBerry, are not on Android, and you would need to get an app. Which to me is a little silly.
    The screen is amazing. The Super amoled screen has the best blacks I've seen. When the screen is on, but a black background, you can't even tell it's on.
    You will love the screen size up from the Z10. You might have to get used to the portability factor, but for me, I now find the Z10 too small.
    And the OS to me is still the best OS. So much customization.
    My long answer is still a yes. If you are upgrading from a Q10/Z10 to a Z30, you will be happy. But you likely cannot go something like 3 years without making another "upgrade".

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    medic22003 and bigjman like this.
    09-01-16 06:49 AM

Short answer: worth it if you love the OS. The vkb is amazing. Battery is great, if not making lots of calls. But you won't get many more years out of it.

Long answer: the phone is really starting to show its age. You did not mention wanting these things in your original post, it's worth me talking about.
    The app gap is growing everyday. People say if you want kiddy apps, go elsewhere, but that is ridiculous. What I do like though, is how BB has so much baked into the OS. Many things you may be used to with BlackBerry, are not on Android, and you would need to get an app. Which to me is a little silly.
    The screen is amazing. The Super amoled screen has the best blacks I've seen. When the screen is on, but a black background, you can't even tell it's on.
    You will love the screen size up from the Z10. You might have to get used to the portability factor, but for me, I now find the Z10 too small.
    My long answer is still a yes. If you are upgrading from a Q10/Z10 to a Z30, you will be happy. But you likely cannot go something like 3 years without making another "upgrade".

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    +1

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    09-01-16 09:48 AM
    Since you're coming from a Q10, you know the benefits and drawbacks of BB10. If you're OK with that, the Z30 is a great device. I was like you, started with a Z10, went to the Q10 for the PKB, and then decided to try a Z30 when my wife took over the Q10. Solid phone, just like the Q10, and I've totally gotten used to typing on glass (to my complete surprise) . Doesn't have a removable battery, but also never felt a need for one. I did drop it once and cracked the screen, but was a cheap and easy replacement. In short, if you're OK with BB10, it will be a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 01:44 PM
    Great, durable phone. Recommend it if you can pickup a lightly used on. Still fast and reliable, and great battery life. Recent loss of Facebook integration into the hub is a big negative though. Another OS update is expected soon which is great.
    09-01-16 01:52 PM
    Battery life
    Efficiency
    Effectiveness
    Productivity
    Email
    Social networking
    Security
    Office work

Posted via CB10
    Problem I had was the browser stopped working reliably. I need my phone to look things up sometimes and I can't do that if the browser isn't up to date. Honestly if BlackBerry would update that I'd consider using my z30 again. As it is now it's my backup and probably the best smartphone I've ever had when it worked right

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-01-16 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Agreed. That pretty much spells out my thoughts

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    skilas likes this.
    09-01-16 02:19 PM
    I love the OS10, I changed to a Z30 from Iphone 5c month ago basically I chenged from a 2013 phone to a 2013 phone.paid 170.00 and sold my Iphone for 180 so no loss. I bought z30 from Amazon warehouse deals and the phone was new,only the box was worn. I got tired of the small screen and had problems with my Iphone. The app drawback is not an issue because I do more calling,texting,viewing emails and selling stuff on ebay. I like how smooth the phone is and ease of use. I like the idea of having something else other then what others are using, apple or Samsung. The battery length is great as well I don't have to charge as much as iphone.
    09-02-16 03:24 AM
    Works well enough still! Amazing vkb, battery life still decent, just missing some "modern conveniences".

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:27 PM
    There won't be any updates for BB10 OS from BlackBerry..! And forget about what's app & Facebook. You can still use it but can't compete with the android users.

I'd still recommend Z30..! Coz I love using it.

Posted via CB10
    There will too be updates, at least one more.
    I think the browser works great, but you need more than one, Zeus for flash, and maybe altai and annapurna for those times you get the 'open in' and you just want to grab another browser.

Plus it sells dirt cheap like $200.
    09-02-16 11:59 PM
    Even for phone that will be discontinued soon, people here still recommend it to others. What a solid forum.
    09-03-16 04:17 AM
    Wife and I both have z30s, great machines, good battery life, amazing Virtual keyboard, we do not play games on them, great for business. Hope it is updated at least one more time, will keep using till they shut down, maybe iPhone after that.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 03:27 PM
    Even for phone that will be discontinued soon, people here still recommend it to others. What a solid forum.
    Correction, already discontinued two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 04:44 PM
    I've had mine for 2 1/2 years with Otterbox on for protection...it fell out of my pocket as I slammed the truck door shut....rock of ages...no damage. Awesome phone for my Firemedic career.
    Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 05:46 PM
92 1234