So does the Z30 have wireless charging or was Bbin.com reporting wrong? Why isn't anyone making a big deal about this? I love wireless charging!

"Note: The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone STA100-3 supports wireless charging (this feature is carrier-dependent)."

http://www.bbin.in/en/2013/09/18/int...30-smartphone/
    09-18-13 01:58 PM
    So does the Z30 have wireless charging or was Bbin.com reporting wrong? Why isn't anyone making a big deal about this? I love wireless charging!

"Note: The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone STA100-3 supports wireless charging (this feature is carrier-dependent)."

Introducing the BlackBerry Z30 smartphone | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    rumour is verizon wireless exclusive
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-18-13 02:03 PM
    UGH! Lets hope the backs can be swapped out
    09-18-13 02:37 PM
    UGH! Lets hope the backs can be swapped out
    How would this do anything exactly? There are no back cover connectors on the current Z30...
    09-18-13 02:42 PM
    How would this do anything exactly? There are no back cover connectors on the current Z30...
    Wireless charging works like NFC on the current phones. So if the internals are there on the phone, a swap of a back would work. This was how the Sprint Palm Pre worked, you had to buy the back separately and swap em out.
    09-18-13 02:49 PM
    Well I hope the Verizon exclusive is correct. I'm good with that.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-18-13 02:54 PM
    Wireless charging works like NFC on the current phones. So if the internals are there on the phone, a swap of a back would work. This was how the Sprint Palm Pre worked, you had to buy the back separately and swap em out.
    Yeah but no contacts on the battery door, now what?

Why didn't BlackBerry build this into every Z30? If it's possible with the Verizon version it shouldn't be a huge deal to make standard.

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 05:42 PM
    Yeah but no contacts on the battery door, now what?

Why didn't BlackBerry build this into every Z30? If it's possible with the Verizon version it shouldn't be a huge deal to make standard.

Fired from my Z10
    Clarify what you mean by no contacts, to me it sounds like you are talking about the contacts that were on legacy devices... that's not how current wireless charging works any more.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-18-13 06:07 PM
    Makes sense as to why the VZW phone is slightly thicker than any other Z30. But this is the first time I hear of this type of exclusive.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-18-13 06:39 PM
    Makes sense as to why the VZW phone is slightly thicker than any other Z30. But this is the first time I hear of this type of exclusive.
    maybe they felt bad for taking so long on updates they paid BlackBerry for exclusive model? I'm sure it'll be simply after a few months before BlackBerry announces official back door replacements
    09-18-13 07:05 PM
    This is interesting. I have vzw so idc but would be nice to have. I think the Verizon thickness comes from the radio tho. I may be wrong but that's usually why. I haven't paid alot of attn and I was tired, but does the z30 have nfc? Guess I could look it up
    09-18-13 07:14 PM
    That's so stupid, why would they do that?
    I hope it's not true

Posted via CB10 using my flick-ity keyboard .
    09-18-13 07:54 PM
    This is interesting. I have vzw so idc but would be nice to have. I think the Verizon thickness comes from the radio tho. I may be wrong but that's usually why. I haven't paid alot of attn and I was tired, but does the z30 have nfc? Guess I could look it up
    The vzw z10 isnt thicker then the others and the z30 has more space to fit things inside. So im not too sure its because the antenna. And yup, it has nfc

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:18 PM
    Actually vz does this exclusive with many phones. Nokia LG and HTC all have versions of their phones have wireless charging on VZ.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    09-18-13 09:01 PM
    Actually vz does this exclusive with many phones. Nokia LG and HTC all have versions of their phones have wireless charging on VZ.

And IIRC it's just getting your hands on the back with HTC 8x. I can't remember for sure entirely.
    Kalliedog likes this.
    09-18-13 09:39 PM
    You know what's cool about carrier exclusives? They do nothing but cost the company money.

I've got a Z10, and I'd be all over the red Q5 if I could get one without switching carriers. Since I can't? Just won't buy a phone, that's all.

It'll be the same here, I guess.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    09-18-13 10:33 PM
    Clarify what you mean by no contacts, to me it sounds like you are talking about the contacts that were on legacy devices... that's not how current wireless charging works any more.
    I mean the contacts that connect to the battery door to enable wireless charging or NFC

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 10:56 PM
    Vuck Ferizon
    09-18-13 10:58 PM
    Please let this be on a Canadian model. If available to Koodo/Telus, it would likely make me upgrade from Z10.
    09-18-13 11:09 PM

Then with that info and that info alone, this story can be 100% true.
    09-19-13 06:26 AM
    Vuck Ferizon
    I agree. I really hate it when I get perfect reception and some of the best customer service available. Really does suck to have 4G everywhere I go.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-19-13 06:28 AM
    I have AT&T, so I have LTE pretty much everywhere I go and free, overnighted replacement phones. Sorry to hear you're only getting 4g.
    09-19-13 09:57 AM
    I have AT&T, so I have LTE pretty much everywhere I go and free, overnighted replacement phones. Sorry to hear you're only getting 4g.
    LTE, I'm sure you know what I meant. And VZW also does overnight replacement phones. At least they had it when I replaced a Z10 for the reboot issue.
    09-19-13 10:02 AM
    I mean the contacts that connect to the battery door to enable wireless charging or NFC

Fired from my Z10
    I'm thinking (hoping), but could be wrong, that these aren't full production units. Because you don't see NFC on the backs, but now I am hearing rumor that with the non removable battery the NFC is internal, which could also mean the Qi charging is internal on VZW models as well. The other reasons I was thinking they aren't full production is because of the screen size and battery capacity stamping on the inside back of the device, seems like a weird thing to advertise on the inside of the phone of a production device.

All that said I could be wrong (the more I read and watch I am thinking I am), but I HOPE I'm not, I love love love inductive charging.
    09-19-13 12:30 PM
    I'm thinking (hoping), but could be wrong, that these aren't full production units. Because you don't see NFC on the backs, but now I am hearing rumor that with the non removable battery the NFC is internal, which could also mean the Qi charging is internal on VZW models as well. The other reasons I was thinking they aren't full production is because of the screen size and battery capacity stamping on the inside back of the device, seems like a weird thing to advertise on the inside of the phone of a production device.

All that said I could be wrong (the more I read and watch I am thinking I am), but I HOPE I'm not, I love love love inductive charging.
    Hope you're right about the non production models.

Fired from my Z10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    09-19-13 12:57 PM
31 12