Dear all,

Just received my Z30 yesterday and love it already. Only remark: no case/pouch/holster in the box

It replaces my 9900 and I transferred al my data through Link.

Afterwards I tried to make a backup several times (with restarting device and laptop in between) but it just doesn't seem to work.

I get the notification that I need to connect to BlackBerryID before the backup can start....

any thoughts?
    01-09-14 01:55 AM
    Hi Rajaalderi,
    basic questions :
    - did you set/create your BBID on the Z30 already (go to settings/BlackBerry ID - I suggest it should be the same than 9900's) ?
    - Have you connected Link to your BBID ? (see in the Link top bar button : connexion)

Let us know !
    Cheers
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-09-14 at 02:50 AM. Reason: self answered several points, sorry for in/outs lol
    Rajaalderi likes this.
    01-09-14 02:43 AM
    @Superfly_FR: Yes and yes
    01-09-14 03:06 AM
    I've been digging around and it seems that data transfered from your 9900 may be the problem.
    I suggest you have a look at this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-fixed-771795/
    (look at the #10 post in particular)

Also, check that you don't have installed any of these apps : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ack-up-782675/

It may worse to try a trick :
    1/ Put your Z10 in airplane mode, remove SD card
    2/ Disconnect your computer from the Internet
    3/ with link closed, plug your Z30 to USB (if you can, choose an USB2 port, USB3 are problematic)
    4/ if Link does not start, start it

Try to backup ...

And, of course, be sure your copy of BlackBerry link is the latest version [1.2.2.13 (Windows OS) - v1.2.0.17 (Mac OS)] : http://us.blackberry.com/software/de...erry-link.html

Let us know !
    Rajaalderi likes this.
    01-09-14 06:10 AM
    Thanks! I will try it tonight if I get the chance

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 06:25 AM
    Thanks! I will try it tonight if I get the chance

Posted via CB10
    Let us know
    Rajaalderi likes this.
    01-09-14 01:09 PM
    Let us know
    Haven't had time for it yesterday.... maybe tonight....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-10-14 02:06 AM
    Finally had time to try...... didn't work.... reloaded software, no effect.....
    01-28-14 04:43 PM
    Try to do not a full back up. Go to manual back up and selected the smallest memory size of the 3 options. If it does the back up for the small size then your system is low on storage memory for the full back up.

In my case I had enough memory left on my disk but somehow Link needs twice (?) the amount for a short time.
    I went to another PC and I had no problem then doing a full back up.
    Rajaalderi likes this.
    01-29-14 09:03 PM
    Will try that when I find time for it.

Link also blabs about not being connected with my BlackBerry ID and because of that it cannot start the backup
    01-30-14 02:13 AM
    Finally had time to try it again.... for some strange reason it just worked as it should today....

Now I can update to 10.2.1!
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-17-14 04:48 PM