Very good afternoon to everyone !. User for a long time in this excellent forum for consultation, but I think it is my first post .

I have for some days this excellent device called Z30 , currently running 10.2.1.176 . Pleasantly surprised about the huge improvement that is coming from Q10, I do not miss the keyboard at all. Nevertheless, or perhaps precisely because it lacks certain details to become the perfect phone ( at least for me ) , I wanted to list these details that I have found , which are small and absences that could be solved simply .
    On the other hand, Windows Phone has an official site where users, across 10 votes each user has, states that want things their device had. I say this as a former user of a Lumia 920, Nokia revises those desires most requested by users and is becoming a reality. Slowly, but it happens. Even when an operating system is unlike anything else, as well as each manufacturer also lives in her own world of laws, I think it would be excellent if Blackberry put more attention to these requirements. After all, we, the users, who move the most important gears of an enterprise.

Here I leave a small list of unfulfilled desires:

* Inability to customize the LED notifications. No color adjustments, or adjustments flicker ( third-party applications do not work in the background)
    * Absence equalizer in the music player
    * Automatic adjustment of screen brightness ( I see the sensor installed , but do not know because it is not active, or other function entrusted to it )
    * Absence of vibration on the keyboard, or the ability to activate or not ...
    * The column of numbers on the keyboard, only appears when a password is required. I think it would be good to choose to have it always visible or off , depending on the user.
    * Free organization of the icons. Currently automatically organize the grid.

Surely, different users will find other things, or feel that my questions are irrelevant.
    Anyway , I found it interesting to consider these issues to get their views and give your opinion about it.
    12-02-13 03:55 PM
    Those are really good points and I +1 the keyboard num row and the no existent eq. BTW you should check out Neutron, it's an excellent, highly tweakable alternative the the stock music app.

I would like to have the ability to set which toggles are available in the quick access panel (swipe down from top bezel).

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:30 PM

I would like to have the ability to set which toggles are available in the quick access panel (swipe down from top bezel).

Toggles are in 10.2.1

Posted via Z30
    xhead75 likes this.
    12-02-13 09:39 PM
    Toggles are in 10.2.1

Posted via Z30
    Which is not yet official.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    12-02-13 10:11 PM
    Which is not yet official.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    Read the title of the thread, I didn't say it was official.

Posted via Z30
    12-02-13 10:59 PM
    Agree. Also change the position of HDMI and micro US port so it is easier to type when charging or using HDMI. Change the earphone / headphone jack to bottom. Higher resolution screen and slightly brighter. I like the ALOMED Screen over the LCD screen of Z10.
    12-02-13 11:28 PM
    I like the software changes listed.

I also agree that the ports could be positioned better. (perhaps the bottom)

I would have like to have the silver portion of the phone made out of stainless steel if they wanted a silver color. I also think that having a carbon fiber piece would look nice.

A better camera would be great. Maybe BlackBerry could team up with a camera giant like nikon.

Posted via my Z30
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    12-02-13 11:44 PM
    IPS LCD display and brightness controls like the PlayBook had. Maybe see if Nokia can spare some of that ClearBlack screen tech. Or have the peeps at Japan Display Inc. provide the display.

They made the display for the Nexus 7 and boy is it a beauty.

BB10 or Bust!
    12-02-13 11:50 PM
    Concur on neutron.

In bought it and albeit it's a bit 'complicated', it's really good and makes your music sound great.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:43 AM
    I find the sides a bit slippery when holding the phone and typing. I guess if I installed a case that would work but I prefer to use a pocket pouch.
    I totally agree with a stainless grey bottom. The plastic scratches wayyy too easy. If you have to leave it plastic then maybe have it the same color all the way through so scratches don't show as bad.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:56 AM
    Removable battery :/

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:19 AM
    (I would like to have the ability to set which toggles are available in the quick access panel (swipe down from top bezel).

You can do this already with 10.2.1.1055!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:44 AM
    OK, here is my list of 12 things that would make the Z30 (...Z30s) the baddest freak'n smartphone in the Galaxy,...after comparing Z30 to Z10:

1)Maintain 5" Screen size,..5.2 if you wanna be bold!
    2)Screen brightness and 'whiteness' of Z10,..1920x1080
    3)Place HDMI and USB ports at the bottom,...one on left and right of the speaker
    4)4000mah minimum battery capacity
    5)Perhaps a set of different colored LEDs for messages,...Blue, Yellow, Red, White, Purple.
    6)Headless apps baked into OS
    7)Ability to run all Android apps!,..and perhaps even iOS apps
    8) Add Photo-Cells to the rear panel,...thus allowing for Solar charging. Just imagine if 1 hour of light exposure added an hour of talk time!
    9)AM/FM Radio
    10)2ghz Processor(s)
    11)4gb of RAM
    12)Email icon,...so one can program a Primary email account at the Home screen level!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:06 AM
    So, half the folks here want their Z30 to be more Androidesque. Couldn't help but chuckle when I saw the list of wants starting to sound very much like just about any Samsung device.

I agree, 100%, that the USB/HDMI ports are not in a good spot. I'm thinking that directly across from the volume keys would have been a better option. That way the cords are out of the way of two-handed, or left-handed typing. BlackBerry seems to want to reserve the bottom of the phone for speaker space, otherwise that would be the logical location.

As far as the keyboard, no. Just don't. Don't screw around with even one tiny detail. Not even as a setting adjustment that is 'OFF' by default.

A quick swipe down brings you the number pad for typing a single digit or symbol, then automatically puts you back into qwerty mode. Greatest. Thing. Ever.
    Two numbers or symbols? Just repeat the procedure. It's so effortless, you won't even think about it. If you need more digits than that, use the alternate keyboard key instead.

Much faster and better than either reducing the size of keys, or taking up more screen space.

Other than that, I found that installing the 10.2.1.1055 leak made the phone pretty much perfect for me.

So, no more of this crazy talk about putting a Samsung or Swiftkey style keyboard on it. Even as an option. No.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    12-03-13 09:38 AM
    Brighter screen or maybe allow the brightness control to have more range. White backgrounds are noticeably dimmer and not a pure white.
    12-03-13 09:51 AM
    Brighter screen or maybe allow the brightness control to have more range. White backgrounds are noticeably dimmer and not a pure white.
    That's the Achille's heal of Super AMOLED!..
    Blank white areas have a blue tinted look.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:36 AM
    Well... I just want to get my hands on an ATT version!
    12-04-13 09:41 AM
    That's the Achille's heal of Super AMOLED!..
    Blank white areas have a blue tinted look.

Posted via CB10
    Mines more like an eReader screen with a greyish tone to the white. You can however control the tint from cold (blue) to warm (yellowish) in 10.2.1 but it seems to lack brightness to pump up the white background.
    12-04-13 10:09 AM