YAY!!! I have a Z30 enroute from Rogers.
    I spent some time b*tchin' to Rogers retention dept about the earphone speaker crapping out twice since I got my Z10 (on one of the last 3 year contracts). My 2nd Z10, refurb is enroute with 3 days left in my original warranty, but more importantly, the retention dept is sending me a Z30, on a new 2 yr contract, nullifying my existing 3 yr contract, plus with about $250 worth of credits to my account. This leaves me owning outright, the Z10 refurb that arrives in a couple days, and has me also paying $100. toward the Z30 on the 2 yr contract.
    So... my conundrum is this!
    Should I use the Z30, or continue with the Z10 and wait for the possible windermere device, or whichever is the ground breaking, flagship that John Chen says is coming out this year?
    "... the other flagship BlackBerry is intended to win over new customers. And there's a strong chance it will launch this year, although he said he couldn't guarantee it...."
    What would you do?
    sharma6 likes this.
    03-20-14 06:09 PM
    As an owner of both q10 & z30 I can tell you what you will do.

You will keep your z10 as a back up and only use your 30. Then one day you will sell your z10 b/c you realize you never use it.

=D

Congrats!!

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    03-20-14 06:17 PM
    Personally I'm waiting till June/July to see how long it'll be before the new one hits the market and how much will have been leaked by then. If it's not out before the end of the year, I'll switch to a Z30 after Z10'ing it for a year

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:32 PM
    I bought one. If the new ground breaking phone launches, it will be later in the year, after I have been enjoying my Z30 for the better part of the year.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-20-14 06:42 PM
    Get the Z30 you can always sell it later. I also have a spare Z10 collecting dust as my backup mobile.

The Z30 is a glorious mobile and does everything very well.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sleepngbear, moody and howards like this.
    03-20-14 06:58 PM
    Hey, I use my Z30 daily but have a Z10 as a backup piece!!
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-20-14 07:04 PM
    The Z30 is here now. There's no telling when this new flagship device is coming, or what it's even going to be. If you really like the Z10, chances are you'll love the Z30. Just go for it.
    moody likes this.
    03-20-14 07:09 PM
    Damn you all! ... for thinking like me! ;-)
    Thanks for the feedback. Having been a BB addict since 2001, I have often found myself jumping on the latest and greatest. (in no way an inexpensive addiction) and then wanting the next version. Can you say Bold 9000, or 9800 Torch. And then sit back and wait for the contract to end so the bargaining skills can be put to work with the Rogers retention dept.
    I did get lucky with retention this time, having had 2 dud, Z10's in a row. Although I would have preferred to pay nothing. I guess loyalty and tenure with a carrier has its advantages. I love to play the "I've been with Rogers for 12 years" card. They eat it up like hot blueberry muffins! or should I say... like hot Blackberry crumble...
    Besides... Who am I fooling! There is no way a Z30 is going to show up tomorrow and be ignored by me...
    Damn the tech! Its such an unforgiving addiction!
    03-20-14 07:46 PM
    I got a z10 off contract and used it for a couple months. Verizon allowed early upgrades all of a sudden so now I have a z30. Still like the z10 size better but the 30 rocks. Instead of letting that z10 languish as a backup I gave it to my kids. Now we all get the great bb10 experience and my razr m is collecting dust as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-21-14 09:34 AM
    Personally I'm waiting till June/July to see how long it'll be before the new one hits the market and how much will have been leaked by then. If it's not out before the end of the year, I'll switch to a Z30 after Z10'ing it for a year

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I am doing. Although to be honest, I will probably keep my Z10, skip the Z30 and buy the Z50 whenever it arrives.

I just can't justify buying a big screened Z10 that has the same ****ty camera. If the Z30 had an improved camera I would already have one by now. I'm sure the Z30 is an awesome device and I'm sure I would love it if I had one but I just can't she'll out $400-$500 for one.

Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-21-14 09:58 AM
    YAY!!! I have a Z30 enroute from Rogers.
    I spent some time b*tchin' to Rogers retention dept about the earphone speaker crapping out twice since I got my Z10 (on one of the last 3 year contracts). My 2nd Z10, refurb is enroute with 3 days left in my original warranty, but more importantly, the retention dept is sending me a Z30, on a new 2 yr contract, nullifying my existing 3 yr contract, plus with about $250 worth of credits to my account. This leaves me owning outright, the Z10 refurb that arrives in a couple days, and has me also paying $100. toward the Z30 on the 2 yr contract.
    So... my conundrum is this!
    Should I use the Z30, or continue with the Z10 and wait for the possible windermere device, or whichever is the ground breaking, flagship that John Chen says is coming out this year?
    "... the other flagship BlackBerry is intended to win over new customers. And there's a strong chance it will launch this year, although he said he couldn't guarantee it...."
    What would you do?
    This quote represents what I think you should do: "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" - Author, Unknown

I know that Chen eluded to a new flagship device, hopefully coming out this year, but there's no guarantee. It has not been seen in the form of a leak, nor is there an alpha device in the hands of developers. Seems like it's a long way off tome.

Use the Z30 and in a year's time, if the new device is out, you can sell the Z30 and grab the latest & greatest. There's no guarantee that you will even like the new flagship, so you'd be giving up an awesome device in hand for the promise of something that you may or may not like (and that may or may not ever appear).
    loyalIND likes this.
    03-21-14 10:39 AM
    Damn you all! ... for thinking like me! ;-)
    Thanks for the feedback. Having been a BB addict since 2001, I have often found myself jumping on the latest and greatest. (in no way an inexpensive addiction) and then wanting the next version. Can you say Bold 9000, or 9800 Torch. And then sit back and wait for the contract to end so the bargaining skills can be put to work with the Rogers retention dept.
    I did get lucky with retention this time, having had 2 dud, Z10's in a row. Although I would have preferred to pay nothing. I guess loyalty and tenure with a carrier has its advantages. I love to play the "I've been with Rogers for 12 years" card. They eat it up like hot blueberry muffins! or should I say... like hot Blackberry crumble...
    Besides... Who am I fooling! There is no way a Z30 is going to show up tomorrow and be ignored by me...
    Damn the tech! Its such an unforgiving addiction!
    Live large man, live large. LOL

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-21-14 02:22 PM
    I got a z10 off contract and used it for a couple months. Verizon allowed early upgrades all of a sudden so now I have a z30. Still like the z10 size better but the 30 rocks. Instead of letting that z10 languish as a backup I gave it to my kids. Now we all get the great bb10 experience and my razr m is collecting dust as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 was only almost a year still on contract (bought at VZW's launch) -- but I was getting itchy wondering if the possible Z50 was coming to Verizon at all, or if by the time I was due for my replacement in Apr 2015, the Z30 would even be available. So I took them up on the Edge thing. Doing the math, it wasn't *too* much more money than the $199 price would have been in a year (if it isn't free by then). The $10 monthly credit in your favor helps offset that quite a bit.

So now I at least know I have secured a Z30, but I had to surrender my beloved Z10. But yea, it would have just languished in the old electronics drawer. Then if Verizon *does* get a Z50, I will just use edge again and keep going. I guess it's sort of like a lease program. Bad for those who keep devices for a long time; good for those who do like upgrades -- but it'll cost you a bit more (a small price to pay for awesomeness I guess).
    03-21-14 04:14 PM