My Netflix stop working. Deleted, rebooted and reinstalled. Nothing! Haven't checked my other apps yet...

Posted via CB10
    Netflix is working OK for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 05:44 PM
    So far loving the latest Verizon Z30 update, with one minor quibble. Transitions to/from hub seem a little laggy. Is there any chance a hard wipe and reinstalling everything would solve this? Has anyone else noticed a little more lag compared to the previous version? Other than that everything else does appear to be slightly faster.
    09-05-14 08:40 AM
    I will wait for a few days and see what gets wrung out of this thing they call an update. Phone is running sweet (as the day I bought it), gonna back it up this eve, and just wait for a couple of days before I hit the Update Button....
    I don't recall a bad update from Verizon on any of my BlackBerry devices over the years. They usually wait last

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-05-14 09:54 AM
    My phone was set to automatically install updates so the Verizon one installed automatically and I didn't get a chance to back up prior. Now I'm having major battery drain and high cpu usage. It also is taking much longer to charge battery than before. I've tried both wireless and plug in battery chargers and both since the update seem to charge really slowly.
    Z30 and VZW Update-img_20140904_220402.png
    How can the battery usage be 126%? I've rebooted several times and that hasn't seemed to make a difference. How do I uninstall the Verizon update?

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    09-05-14 12:34 PM
    Well, more than likely, the update is indexing itself. This should settle down in a day or two.
    To "remove" the update, you will have to go into BB Link and restore the device to a previous backup, then don't do the update.
    Worst case scenario, you wipe and reload the device as to new device, then skip the update, and then reload all your contacts,data, docs, vids, images, etc.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    09-05-14 12:46 PM
    No problemo.

c
    09-05-14 12:53 PM
    I had issues playing videos from the Web, fb, and MLB At Bat until I did a restart, even though the phone did one after installing the update.
    09-05-14 05:30 PM
    I'm still unable to get more than 4-6 hours on a charge since the Verizon update. I would think it had re-indexed itself by now?

09-08-14 06:27 PM
    Interesting. My phone seems to be running smoother and the battery life seems better by several hours to me. It was dang good before. Just weird how most phones get better and a few go completely whacky. In certainly glad mine didn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 07:56 PM
    Z30 and VZW Update-img_20140909_095129.png
    Looks like I'm going to have to chuck this update. I'm still having horrible battery life since the update. Unfortunately it's been awhile since I've backed up the phone via BlackBerry link. Can anyone tell me how to save my current calendar and contacts and how exactly I go about it after reloading the backup?

09-09-14 11:58 AM
    Pretend you are doing a device switch, and copy all your contacts/appts and such to the Micro sd memory card on the phone, then, remove the card, then you can restore these after the OS reload.

Those numbers above are wild.....
    09-09-14 12:18 PM
    How do I go about that? I'm not too tech savvy and would appreciate any help or advice. Frankly this is freaking me out. I have insurance from Verizon and haven't contacted them yet but am worried they won't be able to replace it since their not selling the Z30 anymore

09-09-14 12:48 PM
    Pretend you are doing a device switch, and copy all your contacts/appts and such to the Micro sd memory card on the phone, then, remove the card, then you can restore these after the OS reload.

Those numbers above are wild.....
    Can you walk me thru the steps to do this please? I'm not too tech savvy and this whole issue is freaking me out.

09-09-14 12:54 PM
    Finally called Verizon and the tier 2 tech person was surprised to hear BlackBerry was still in business, told me that she heard their stock had really dropped, and she didn't know Verizon even carried BlackBerry phones. Her first instructions were impossible as my phone didn't have the option to do what she wanted me to do. She then went and got an actual phone and couldn't complete the instructions either as I had indicated to her earlier. Since I have insurance she said she would send me a replacement Z30 tomorrow. When I asked her about backing up the calendar and contacts she tried to tell me to use the device manager software and didn't have a clue to what BlackBerry link was.

09-09-14 04:18 PM
    Finally called Verizon and the tier 2 tech person was surprised to hear BlackBerry was still in business, told me that she heard their stock had really dropped, and she didn't know Verizon even carried BlackBerry phones. Her first instructions were impossible as my phone didn't have the option to do what she wanted me to do. She then went and got an actual phone and couldn't complete the instructions either as I had indicated to her earlier. Since I have insurance she said she would send me a replacement Z30 tomorrow. When I asked her about backing up the calendar and contacts she tried to tell me to use the device manager software and didn't have a clue to what BlackBerry link was.

What are you trying to do? Downgrade from the latest official update? That's actually pretty easy. Just Lmk. (I've loaded about 7-8 different OS on my Z30 so far)

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:06 PM
90 ... 234