We finally put all of our Z10s and Z30s out to pasture and replaced them with DTEK50s. There is no looking back.
    Conite, I have finally seen the light, when my BB10 device+iPhone solution failed me at Disney World the other day. With my 6 Plus running out of juice and me forgetting my external battery charger, I turned to my Q10 and Classic, both of which could not handle the Android "My Disney Experience" app. Even my sister's Passport failed.

Now that BB10 has failed me for the last time (me channeling my inner Vader), I will buy a BlackBerry Android device by spring. I prefer a PKB Mercury, but the DTEK50 would be a good buy for any Z10 or Z30 owner needing to transition to hardened and secure Android soon.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    mammoth likes this.
    08-16-16 08:31 PM
    I'll let you know after I have used it a while. As of now I feel the Z30 is nicer, more solid, better looking. Only thing bad about it are lack of working apps.

Posted via CB10
    Is the apps that big of a deal, let's get real here. Most of these apps you can go directly to the browser and have access to the them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-16 01:17 PM
    Is the apps that big of a deal, let's get real here. Most of these apps you can go directly to the browser and have access to the them.

I would replace the word "most", with "a select few". You also don't get notifications or data sharing with mobile sites.
    08-18-16 01:50 PM
    Again you can easily get most apps even w/o Google play. There are two sites I've found

http://www.apkmonk.com/

https://m.apkpure.com/

These are the same apps found on Google play and you can find older versions that will work flawless on our BlackBerry 10's.

Sent via the BlackBerry Classic
    08-18-16 01:55 PM
    my Z30 will be 3 years old this fall and it still runs great. It if ain't broke, why replace it? I am not a big app user, so I am not drawn to the Android platform to begin with. The hub, calendar, texting, email, phone are my primary uses.
    08-19-16 08:58 PM
    BB behaves like a company that stole BB10. Sat and took Android and working hard to make it BB10 without being catch. SO dumb and stupid, except to prove a point.

It would have made sense to take BB10 and maximised the runtimes for other software and continue to deliver BB10 to the work and even to other non BB phones

To me, the broad aim is to dismantle BB. Many wonderful products, sat on it and now lost first position.

Playing around with android for a few weeks now and still cannot understand how backward it is. Even using the phones to run it just seem lame. BB10 and its phone has spoiled me.
    08-20-16 11:58 PM
    My buddy just replaced his Z30 with a D50 yesterday. So far very happy. Battery is the biggest question mark but he likes the hub and OS just fine!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    08-21-16 09:00 AM
    my Z30 will be 3 years old this fall and it still runs great. It if ain't broke, why replace it? I am not a big app user, so I am not drawn to the Android platform to begin with. The hub, calendar, texting, email, phone are my primary uses.
    Ya... it's a great phone if apps are not an issue. Personally I need a few apps for work and for myself and my Z30 wouldn't run them anymore or the BlackBerry versions were abandoned. BlackBerry Android is very good.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    08-21-16 09:07 AM
    Z30 vs DTEK50. No comparison. They are in different room. Which room do you want to stay is up to you. If you are an Apps maniac then go to DTEK50 otherwise stay in Z30.
    Z30 is a workhorse phone.

Posted via CB10
    "Z30 is a workhorse phone." horrible analogy in my experience with various OS'.

The first publicly sold smartphone and OS (although closed) was the Ericsson R380 (look it up). Prior to that PalmOS was King with PDA's, even if Microsoft took their sweet *** time with WinCE based OS' devices like the HP Jornada to finally get powerful in the likes of Compaq crewmember them?) iPaq 3650 debuted. Then the game started to change at least in North America, while Nokia made HUGE pushes with Symbian OS with their brew called S60. Microfiber over hear in N.America pushed Smartphone Edition or Pocket PC edition then the landscape got stagnant and then etc etc was a blur while BlackBerry made a big push in corporate as the others really didn't have a good solution.

Ahem sorry there was a GOOD solution it was called IntelliSync and did alright in Europe prior to Nokia buying them. Did you know BlackBerry licensed IntelliSync up to Bb10?! Did you know it was THEY first system to MDM support corporate email and PIM on more than one device prior to BES? Did you know NTP never sued them? License agreement and payment saved them ignorance and shame.

All that said and we're in 2013-2016 and yet STILL BB10 cannot master multiple (2+) accounts over ActiveSync (Outlook.com) with a corporate BES account with no IT Policies blocking this nor affecting this where in the most BASIC SIMPLE Part and purpose of a smartphone IS cannot yet be fixed reliably: PIM and specifically Contacts.

Why is it I'm still looking Contacts on any BB10 devices clean slate or.migration via Link?!?????? Why?!

Workhorse is a verbatim expression that too many forum users state without experience. Don't believe me check the threads here. Sad.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    08-21-16 01:25 PM
    Z30 I much better from the hardware perspective as manufactured by. BlackBerry. DTEK50 is conscious effort by BlackBerry to bring our low cost phone. This is manufactured by TCL, which is unknown company in India whose phones are available at 50% price.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 09:45 PM
    We finally put all of our Z10s and Z30s out to pasture and replaced them with DTEK50s. There is no looking back.
    What's he supposed to do with that information. Pretty sure he is looking for reasons and comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-24-16 01:24 AM
    Every device has its pros and cons
    There will always be things that the Z30 does better
    But there is no denying that the DTEK50 is better in many regards as well.
    I feel its difficult to say which device is 'better' than the other.
    But the truth is, no matter how much we want to cling onto BB10, Android is the future (whether one likes it or not) But you have to give BlackBerry that they are trying to add from BB10 as much as possible so we miss out the least.
    Should the DTEK50 give BlackBerry the response they want and they are able to continue that with their next device, I think in less than a year from now BlackBerry could very seriously close the gap between BB10 and their android version in all aspects.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-24-16 01:38 AM
    What's he supposed to do with that information. Pretty sure he is looking for reasons and comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that I found the DTEK50 a worthy upgrade for BB10 slab devices is informative, no? Coupled with the implication that no one wants to go back to BB10 after using the DTEK50, I would think the information is useful.
    08-24-16 06:32 AM
    And if that's all I used a phone for my z30 would still be in my pocket right now. I'm not a huge app user either, but admittedly use more now just because I can. It was the browser that pushed me over to my priv what is surprising me is I'm reading all over this site about how terrible the battery is on the priv and dtek and then here people are saying the dtek is just as good as good as the z30. My priv definitely is close. Maybe it's just the way I use a phone. Maybe some folks are going app crazy and that's why the battery is going stupid for them when they switch to android?

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-24-16 07:20 AM

You could when BlackBerry kept the bb10 browser updated. I didn't mind doing it either for my app use. I had enough bb10 apps to keep me happy and used the browser for the rest but that fell apart

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-24-16 07:21 AM
    Coupled with the implication that no one wants to go back to BB10 after using the DTEK50, I would think the information is useful.[/QUOTE]

Just where are you getting this information? I have a priv sitting in a drawer (priv is a better D50) and I'm using a BlackBerry Classic right now. And prefer it and use android apps no problem.

08-24-16 07:41 AM
    Just where are you getting this information? I have a priv sitting in a drawer (priv is a better D50) and I'm using a BlackBerry Classic right now. And prefer it and use android apps no problem.

I'm referring to my users.
    The fact that I found the DTEK50 a worthy upgrade for BB10 slab devices is informative, no? Coupled with the implication that no one wants to go back to BB10 after using the DTEK50, I would think the information is useful.
    08-24-16 08:35 AM
    If you want to stay in the stone age, use the Z30, but if you want to join the modern world, pick up a DTEK50. Quite simple really.
    08-24-16 10:38 AM
    If you want to stay in the stone age, use the Z30, but if you want to join the modern world, pick up a DTEK50. Quite simple really.
    This is hardly a fair delineation either.
    bigjman likes this.
    08-24-16 10:42 AM
    I haven't seen DTEK50 in any of the phone store I visited. However from what I read it seems it's a decent phone. I was thinking to order it online but worried about the BlackBerry customer support.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-25-16 05:39 AM
    I have both the z30 and the dtek50 both are great phones but once you use the dtek50 after the z30 it feels like you have moved to a budget phone from a high end gadget. Dtek50 is good but bb10 phones are much better

Posted via CB10
    Curtis Blair and rt2567 like this.
    08-25-16 06:38 AM
    I have both the z30 and the dtek50 both are great phones but once you use the dtek50 after the z30 it feels like you have moved to a budget phone from a high end gadget. Dtek50 is good but bb10 phones are much better

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I do like some of the dtek50. But I hate the battery!! Just now died on me on the middle of a call I still don't like android either. The hub is so much better in the Z30. File management is better. Overall the Z30 is so much nicer , I feel it's quality is far above the Dtek 50. I'm think I will switch back to the Z30 for now. Just have to get the Sim card setup at AT&T again. Why a nano Sim in the Dtek?? Stupid.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 08:01 PM
    Android apps aren't worth a crap unless you allow all permissions, which suck the life out of the battery... I'm keeping my Z30 and Classic, but i use an android tablet for play time...

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    08-28-16 10:14 AM
    Android apps aren't worth a crap unless you allow all permissions, which suck the life out of the battery... I'm keeping my Z30 and Classic, but i use an android tablet for play time...

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    Why do you say that? I have location, contacts, camera, and microphone turned off for most Android apps, and they work fine.
    08-28-16 10:26 AM
    A lot of the negative comments on Android probably relate to the older versions of the OS. However, Android M is everything as good as BB10 with only one exception, the security measures that are built into BB10. Apparently, that advantage will also disappear once BlackBerry releases its own version of Android N.

I've been using DTEK 50 for a couple weeks and frankly, there isn't a single thing that I miss from BB10. Instead, all the apps run smoothly and work. Absolutely no fuss and no compromise. With shortcuts and notifications, I am more efficient with the DTEK 50. I also find myself using the Hub less and less. The battery life on my DTEK 50 is even better than my Z30. As for controlling app permissions, you can do that just as easily as BB10. You also have the fantastic DTEK app to help you monitor which app accesses which part of your device as it happens and how often in the past.

I also have packed away my Z30 for good.
    08-28-16 04:06 PM
78 1234