Posted through my  Z30
    12-04-16 04:11 AM
    The short answer is no. The Z30 remains the best device ever in my hands. The physical shape, vkb, and OS10 are just fine.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-04-16 08:32 AM
    Iam planning to go for passport og... hut as of now I love my z30

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 12:24 PM
    Not a chance

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Z30
    12-04-16 10:32 PM
    I'm seriously interested in changing to Passport SE since I'm using my Z30 for handling my mails and Passport looks awesome for that purpose. Another thing: Passport SE looks good, just like a PD BlackBerry.

Posted through my  Z30
    frankster0620 likes this.
    12-05-16 11:32 PM
    Yes. I bought a Passport SE for Black Friday. Just waiting for it to be delivered. We'll see if I made the right choice.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-06-16 07:11 AM
    I had z30. Then changed to passport SE a month ago. I love the screen size.
    Now using as daily driver. Z30 is in the file cabinet for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 04:26 PM
    I moved to a PP SE mostly because I changed jobs so the nature of my communications changed.

Other job most on the run comms were SMS quick notes like "on my way", etc. Used that weird "app" the Phone a lot too.

Now I need longer emails and have to consult attached documents. The Passport is my main IT device now during the day. I only open the laptop in the evening to pound out reports and long documents.

I gave the Z30 a true shot at it (a year), but I'm more comfortable on a pkb.

Personal choice.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    12-06-16 06:50 PM
    I moved to a PP SE mostly because I changed jobs so the nature of my communications changed.

Other job most on the run comms were SMS quick notes like "on my way", etc. Used that weird "app" the Phone a lot too.

Now I need longer emails and have to consult attached documents. The Passport is my main IT device now during the day. I only open the laptop in the evening to pound out reports and long documents.

I gave the Z30 a true shot at it (a year), but I'm more comfortable on a pkb.

Personal choice.

Thanks for sharing the experience. It is not just about the PKB. I like the form and display, want to try it.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-07-16 12:15 AM
    Certainly not.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    12-07-16 10:04 AM
    Thanks for sharing the experience. It is not just about the PKB. I like the form and display, want to try it.

Posted through my  Z30
    The form factor is Imho great. It is a bit more of a two handed device though. The capacitive keyboard is a big bonus.

You'll also have to get used to making heads turn.

12-07-16 03:11 PM
    I wanted to change for the pp then tried one , its so bloody large, cant use one handed scrolling . I bought a playbook instead , and ended up keeping my classic
    12-07-16 03:15 PM
    Not interested. PP doesn't seem like it would work for me after handling it in the shop. Maybe if it was given to me but not by choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 08:54 PM
    I did just that, went to Passport as daily driver for 3 months, than switched back to my Z30. Yes I love the feel of the Z30 in my hands but....the speed difference between devices is incredible and hard to go back to the slow Z30. Screen on the Passport is so much brighter and sharper as well. Everything about it runs better and faster, I never thought I would care that much about speed, but it really was a game changer for me.
    12-07-16 09:03 PM
    Yes. Yes I would. Love the passport.

 Z30 | STA100-5 | 10.3.3.2049 & iPhone 6s
    12-07-16 11:15 PM
    Yup absolutely. The Z30 is too large for my preference anyways. The Passport SE is also big but somehow feels better in hand and less awkward in my pocket. Then the keyboard makes it a big winner.

The Passport really just feels great in the hand. Z30 not bad either, but I give the Passport the edge, either SE or original black.
    12-08-16 03:06 PM
    ...The Passport SE is also big but somehow feels better in hand and less awkward in my pocket...
    Did you mean "feels better in hands"? Even I do like the design of Passport SE, I would not use it with one hand. Less awkward in pocket than Z30? Ironic or you must be the first to say that.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-08-16 04:22 PM
    Did you mean "feels better in hands"? Even I do like the design of Passport SE, I would not use it with one hand. Less awkward in pocket than Z30? Ironic or you must be the first to say that.

Posted through my  Z30
    Well I mean the design, the curves, edges, texture. I dunno, I was using me SE today and it's been a long time since I've just wanted to hold a device like that and marvel at how well designed and built it is. I mean the Z30 is pretty good, leagues ahead of the Z10, but the Passport is something else.

No really, I thought the SE would be massive, I don't like shoving the Z30 in my pocket, barely tolerate the Z10. I had the SE in my pants pocket all day at work and it wasn't that bad. I dunno why.
    12-09-16 01:09 AM
    Well I mean the design, the curves, edges, texture. I dunno, I was using me SE today and it's been a long time since I've just wanted to hold a device like that and marvel at how well designed and built it is. I mean the Z30 is pretty good, leagues ahead of the Z10, but the Passport is something else.

No really, I thought the SE would be massive, I don't like shoving the Z30 in my pocket, barely tolerate the Z10. I had the SE in my pants pocket all day at work and it wasn't that bad. I dunno why.
    Well SE looks simply stunning, could even be a PD BlackBerry. Pocketable during work? Sure, depends on your pants. Fact is the most of us would not able to do that.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-09-16 07:55 AM
    Well SE looks simply stunning, could even be a PD BlackBerry. Pocketable during work? Sure, depends on your pants. Fact is the most of us would not able to do that.

Posted through my  Z30
    There's always the front shirt pocket. My PPSE sits in a sleeve in my shirt pocket perfectly. Easily accessible as well

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 08:30 AM
    Already done. PP SE is better for work, at least for me

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 03:32 AM
    No, don't like the size or shape.

Z30-STA100-5 (T-Mo)-SR 10.3.3.1435 / OS 10.3.3.2163
    12-19-16 12:49 PM
    I tried to. But a series of issues made it that I returned the SE. Shame. Best looking phone I ever had.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-22-16 07:42 AM
    I have both. They both have advantages / disadvantages, but the Z30 remains my daily driver.
    12-24-16 03:56 PM
    Not a chance. I had many BB devices with keyboards until the Z10 came out. Took a while to get used to OS 10 and the virtual keyboard. Then I got the Z30. There's no way I can go back to a keyboard again. I can type just as fast if not faster now on the Z30 and I pound out emails all day long. Only use my laptop in the office. Never take it with me when I travel. I use TeamViewer if I need to get on my laptop for anything ;-)

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    12-27-16 06:21 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD