When I try to tether my z30 with my ubuntu laptop, even though it says its connected in the laptop, i don't get internet connection. Same tethering works with bluetooth.

The following thread says to set the usb storate connection option to "mac" to get this to work.
    How to enable USB Mass Storage (Mass Storage Mode) on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

How do i set this option to mac? I don't see this in my z30
    07-22-15 09:06 PM
    You are referencing an old thread. If I connect to my PC BBLink starts up and after a few minutes drives appear in the explorer and I can manipulate my files -- sometimes I click on a tab on the Link interface to "wake" it up and mount the drives.

If I remember though someone mentioned that mass storage was not available in 'nix systems.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bring back random taglines!
    07-23-15 01:33 AM
    You are referencing an old thread. If I connect to my PC BBLink starts up and after a few minutes drives appear in the explorer and I can manipulate my files -- sometimes I click on a tab on the Link interface to "wake" it up and mount the drives.

If I remember though someone mentioned that mass storage was not available in 'nix systems.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bring back random taglines!
    Since I'm running Linux I can't load BlackBerry Link.

But when the USB miss storage option is on I can see the z30 in Linux file manager. But the Internet tethering via USB still doesn't work
    It's strange.

Posted via  Z30
    Last edited by vhl71; 07-23-15 at 10:40 AM.
    07-23-15 08:42 AM
    You need BlackBerry Device Manager drivers installed to get Tethering to work, however there is no Blackberry official drivers for Linux.
    You may need to run a Windows emulator on Linux to get it to be able to load the Windows software/drivers needed.

You may also want to inquire at Barry | Net Direct Inc. to see if they have made any headway to make a version of their Linux BlackBerry Manger software that will work with BB10 devices, it appears it only works with legacy devices for now.
    07-23-15 08:49 AM